Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
08-21-2006

Newsflash on the Marked Front:

Some may know but at my school there is a group of people researching evolution and religion.

I have been assigned to a peer mentor who is doing a study on integrating I.D. into the classroom. I meet with him for 2 hours a week.

2 long hours a week

So, I will be now posting from the opposite side of sanity every once in a while in this thread to defend the few the mighty, the creationists as I am exposed to their latest and greatest ideas for integration into the education system for the U.S.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
08-21-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Newsflash on the Marked Front:

Some may know but at my school there is a group of people researching evolution and religion.

I have been assigned to a peer mentor who is doing a study on integrating I.D. into the classroom. I meet with him for 2 hours a week.

2 long hours a week

So, I will be now posting from the opposite side of sanity every once in a while in this thread to defend the few the mighty, the creationists as I am exposed to their latest and greatest ideas for integration into the education system for the U.S.
Yay creationists.

Those cats are so cool.
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
a madmullet
Level 24
Subtract from a madmullet's ReputationAdd to a madmullet's Reputation a madmullet is a novice
Send a message via AIM to a madmullet
08-21-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Well we came from something that wasn't human. We evolved. We gradually changed through small changes until we were what we are now. Look at early humans. You can google some pics of them.

I never ban out of hate, but only of love. And yes, I would be happy to homeschool you or help you with any of your science classes. English you are on your own though. I am a horrible writer. Lowest grade after 6 years of college: College Reading and Writing.
haha thats funny ban out of love lol but sweet we evolved haha just like i evolved more then all of u guys im a beter form of a normal human!!! haha
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
08-21-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by a madmullet
haha thats funny ban out of love lol but sweet we evolved haha just like i evolved more then all of u guys im a beter form of a normal human!!! haha
I can read people's minds, breathe underwater, and fly at high altitudes without risk of death.

So, you can be 2nd best.
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
a madmullet
Level 24
Subtract from a madmullet's ReputationAdd to a madmullet's Reputation a madmullet is a novice
Send a message via AIM to a madmullet
08-23-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeH 3quivocat0r
I can read people's minds, breathe underwater, and fly at high altitudes without risk of death.

So, you can be 2nd best.
well NO! im best i can do all of that plus i wreak at halo, pee sitting down, and eat bagel bitz
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
09-13-2006

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science....ap/index.html

Neanderthals baby. Our evolutionary cousins. I swear I will find some of them on this site someday. Those geico comercials are true.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

MarkedAchilles
09-13-2006

OH yeah.

We have a guy running for governor that wants to make Iowa completely free of oil dependency and start a Stem cell research center here. Making us one of the leaders in stem cell research. Then raise the mininum wage to 7.00 an hr.

MarkedAchilles
09-22-2006

There is a difference between a theory you see on a cop t.v. show. Where a guy says. . " I have a theory about that killer. . " That is not what a scientific theory is.

Scientific theorys you find in textbooks and published articles. Not everything called a theory in any other media is an actual scientific theory. When you see senators, t.v. shows, and papers say something is a theory then you need to find out if it is really a theory.

Scientific hypothesis are more align with what a theory is on t.v.

Scientific Theories are tested, tested, and retested again. Based only on evidence and are the explanations on the mechanisms of a phenomenon.

Law of Gravity says: Two things of mass with have an attraction etc etc etc
Theory of Gravity says: How that attraction works.

The theory is full of evidence. It is based solely on that and has not ever been proven wrong. Or else it wouldn't be a theory anymore.

Laws are observations of phenomena that you see happen. The theories are what explain the mechanisms of the actions.

Scientists all over the world test theories all the time trying to find a hole in them and disprove them. That way they can get published and get lots of money. A theory is like a record in baseball that is highly revered and everyone wants to knock down.

So. . . . . Order of importance in Science:

(least) Hypothesis - - - Law - - - - Theory (most)

And this is one of the GREAT problems with the American science education system right now that we are trying to fix.

SicKizZLe
Bury me in my squat rack
Subtract from SicKizZLe's ReputationAdd to SicKizZLe's Reputation SicKizZLe is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SicKizZLe Send a message via MSN to SicKizZLe Send a message via Yahoo to SicKizZLe
09-23-2006

Biological evolution, is descent with modification. This definition encompasses small-scale evolution and large-scale evolution . Evolution helps us to understand the history of life and makes the most sense.

Biological evolution is not simply a matter of change over time. Lots of things change over time: trees lose their leaves, mountain ranges rise and erode, but they aren't examples of biological evolution because they don't involve descent through genetic inheritance.....

The central idea of biological evolution is that all life on Earth shares a common ancestor, just as you and your cousins share a common grandmother/grandfather.

Through the process of descent with modification, the common ancestor of life on Earth gave rise to the fantastic diversity that we see documented in the fossil record and around us today. Evolution means that we're all distant cousins: humans and oak trees, hummingbirds and whales, sharks and monkeys. Humans related to oak-trees, laugh my F**King ass off.

At the start of the twentieth century, physicists made a revolutionary discovery, elements are not eternal. Atoms can fuse together to create new elements, they can also spontaneously break down, firing off subatomic particles and switching from one element to another in the process. While some physicists used these discoveries for applications ranging from nuclear weapons to nuclear medicine, others applied them to understanding the natural world. The sun was once thought to burn like a coal fire, but physicists showed that it actually generates energy by slamming atoms together and creating new elements. The primordial cloud of dust that came to form the Earth contained unstable atoms, known as radioactive isotopes. Since its birth, these isotopes have been breaking down and releasing energy that adds heat to the planet's interior.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/
SicKizZLe
Bury me in my squat rack
Subtract from SicKizZLe's ReputationAdd to SicKizZLe's Reputation SicKizZLe is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SicKizZLe Send a message via MSN to SicKizZLe Send a message via Yahoo to SicKizZLe
09-30-2006

This thread should get move posts and views. This is a great topic and I would like to debate with someone about this subject. So, I am going to bump it on my behalf. This thread is rather full though, I think more people would post if we "remade" it.