Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > Creators Platform

Display Modes Thread Tools
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-19-2010

I've underestimated the ultimate presets. You can knock the bit-rate down considerably and still get amazing results. I encoded a 1080p video at 11500 and a 720p video at 6500, and I couldn't tell the difference between that and the presets' default encoding settings.

Also, you can always change the Ultimate presets for CRF if you don't care about hitting an exact file size, yet you still want a sick filesize/quality ratio.
SAYOCEAN
Level 11
Subtract from SAYOCEAN's ReputationAdd to SAYOCEAN's Reputation SAYOCEAN is a novice
07-24-2010

good info in here. helps out a lot.
Woodland King
Level 32
Subtract from Woodland King's ReputationAdd to Woodland King's Reputation Woodland King is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Woodland King Send a message via MSN to Woodland King
07-26-2010

;9 so i was trying to do this for the first time the other night, and everytime i import the encoding.avs into Megui i get this error, "Avisynth script error; AVISource autodetect; couldnt open file 'encoding.avi' Error Code 2; (Location of script, Line 1)

is it ok just to go into script creator and pick the video input manually?

Last edited by Woodland King; 07-26-2010 at 09:32 AM.
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodland King View Post
;9 so i was trying to do this for the first time the other night, and everytime i import the encoding.avs into Megui i get this error, "Avisynth script error; AVISource autodetect; couldnt open file 'encoding.avi' Error Code 2; (Location of script, Line 1)

is it ok just to go into script creator and pick the video input manually?
Yes. In part B step 5 (note) (or the note of part 2 if you are using Pre-Loaded), it says

Quote:
note: if your video does not pop up when you import the .avs file, it's because you didn't render
it as "Encoding.avi". Open the .avs file in notepad and make sure the file name in the command
matches the file you rendered out earlier in Part A, step 21.
So you can either change your avi file to Encoding.avi, or open the avs file in wordpad/notepad and swap the Encoding.avi part of the script with your file's name.
Woodland King
Level 32
Subtract from Woodland King's ReputationAdd to Woodland King's Reputation Woodland King is a novice
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
Yes. In part B step 5 (note) (or the note of part 2 if you are using Pre-Loaded), it says

So you can either change your avi file to Encoding.avi, or open the avs file in wordpad/notepad and swap the Encoding.avi part of the script with your file's name.
Read that and changed both ;\ but neither one worked lol.

But i got it somehow earlier, just did the manual script creator method which probs wrecks the quality but ;|

Last edited by Woodland King; 07-26-2010 at 01:40 PM.
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
07-26-2010

Quote:
Read that and changed both ;\ but neither one worked lol.
Perhaps you changed your file's name to Encoding.avi.avi? You have to set Windows 7 and XP to show your file extension when hitting "rename".

http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7...le-extensions/
Woodland King
Level 32
07-26-2010

Quote:
Perhaps you changed your file's name to Encoding.avi.avi? You have to set Windows 7 and XP to show your file extension when hitting "rename".

http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7...le-extensions/
If it doesn't show does it still count? All i did was retitle it "Encoding" and the file extension shows when i hover over it. Oh well, just completed the muxing a few mins ago, nbd.

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
07-26-2010

Quote:
If it doesn't show does it still count? All i did was retitle it "Encoding" and the file extension shows when i hover over it. Oh well, just completed the muxing a few mins ago, nbd.
Did you install avisynth? Is the avi file and the avs file in the same folder? Shoot me an aim @ fragtalityowns.
Woodland King
Level 32
07-26-2010

Quote:
Did you install avisynth? Is the avi file and the avs file in the same folder? Shoot me an aim @ fragtalityowns.
Yup lol, and i'll do that ;o

o BaCkFiRe o
(⌐■_■) Deal with it.
Subtract from o BaCkFiRe o's ReputationAdd to o BaCkFiRe o's Reputation o BaCkFiRe o still downloads from Mythica o BaCkFiRe o still downloads from Mythica o BaCkFiRe o still downloads from Mythica o BaCkFiRe o still downloads from Mythica o BaCkFiRe o still downloads from Mythica o BaCkFiRe o still downloads from Mythica
Send a message via AIM to o BaCkFiRe o Send a message via Skype™ to o BaCkFiRe o
07-27-2010

This stuff is way to confusing to me, so until I learn this stuff eventually, anyone want to help a brother out and install this stuff for me? lol, like tomorrow.