Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2014

Display Modes Thread Tools
Smithers
Level 14
Subtract from Smithers's ReputationAdd to Smithers's Reputation Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided
01-03-2015

This was incredible. At first I was confused by the 3D spartan looking back on the Pit and flying away but after reading the OP I see how it represents you being done with Halo. Im not a huge fan of social clips but that 360 no scope on Narrows was awesome.
Revenge
Level 24
Subtract from Revenge's ReputationAdd to Revenge's Reputation Revenge wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Revenge wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Revenge wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Revenge wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Revenge wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to Revenge Send a message via Skype™ to Revenge
01-04-2015

Really enjoyed this. Thought the CC was a bit overwhelming at times. But the overall feel of this video was incredible. Especially got chills from the nostalgia at the end. Good shit
iDiesel
Level 37
Subtract from iDiesel's ReputationAdd to iDiesel's Reputation iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to iDiesel
01-04-2015

Slightly mixed feelings on this one, but enjoyed it a lot. A very unique video editing-wise, definitely an interesting watch.

Editing: The soundtrack was my favorite part of the tage. gamechallenged and I were going to use the Fade Away remix for my M2 when he was planning to edit it. Did you mix in the original version at the end? That was cool. I've also been wanting to use/see Outro in a tage. I love Gorillaz/Damon Albarn as well. Great choices. The only thing I didn't like in this regard was the all the additional sounds that were added. I thought they detracted from what was otherwise beautiful music.

The rest of the editing was a bit scattered but overall very cool. I can see why it took you so long - there was a lot going on. I have to watch it again to fully appreciate everything. What I liked was that there was a lot of effects and extra scenes but you almost always stayed true to the gameplay, which is a fine line to walk. Solid job on that. It was cool to see your creative side in this video as well. I felt like the LuckyDutch tage way too similar to Enjoy, but this video was completely unique. Very cool to see. Nice job overall, Sachiro, congrats on finally finishing this.

Gameplay: Definitely some high highs in this video. Some of the clips had awesome endings to them and wowed me quite a bit. The 241 tastrophe and the Last Resort warthog overkill to jaro come to mind. I have to say that the amount of Crazy King, etc. really cheapened the gameplay for me. Having some is perfectly normal, but I felt like over half the clips were Crazy King, and that really took away from the variety and the quality. Overall I wouldn't call the clips "top tier", but they were entertaining and generally very good, so well done, Dkahre.

Very neat video overall. Glad this finally got to see the light of day.

Last edited by iDiesel; 01-04-2015 at 01:19 AM.
LuckyDutch
Level 24
Subtract from LuckyDutch's ReputationAdd to LuckyDutch's Reputation LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000
01-04-2015

Sachiro you're the man. It's great to see that you got to work with gameplay as amazing as Dkahre's. The 3d effects, editing, flow and just the experience overall were absolutely phenomenal. Some of the gameplay was so sick, that jaro with shooting the 2 people in the warthog blew my mind. This montage was overall incredible.

ThumbsUp
Level 10
Subtract from ThumbsUp's ReputationAdd to ThumbsUp's Reputation ThumbsUp taps Cortana ThumbsUp taps Cortana ThumbsUp taps Cortana ThumbsUp taps Cortana ThumbsUp taps Cortana
Send a message via Skype™ to ThumbsUp
01-04-2015

Sachiro will you be my husband? And no Piano doesn't have to know.
Dkahre
Threshold
Subtract from Dkahre's ReputationAdd to Dkahre's Reputation Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000
Send a message via ICQ to Dkahre Send a message via Skype™ to Dkahre
01-04-2015

I tried my hardest to get variety clips but you guys have to understand the population of halo 3
Yumbles18
Level 26
Subtract from Yumbles18's ReputationAdd to Yumbles18's Reputation Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000
01-04-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkahre View Post
I tried my hardest to get variety clips but you guys have to understand the population of halo 3
Although this is definitely true to a degree (It's why there'll never be a montage as good as apex imo as even if there's a better player, they won't be able to attain clips across all playlists), it's clear to me that you definitely could've tried harder. Social slayer to this day is still alive and booming, you should've played more of that. Also fatrat managed it so there's that

LargoLovesYou
Level 20
Subtract from LargoLovesYou's ReputationAdd to LargoLovesYou's Reputation LargoLovesYou is on the rise to fame LargoLovesYou is on the rise to fame
01-04-2015

Editing elegance at it's finest. You took memorable moments from the Halo 3 era and changed a normal montage to a story. Amazing Sachiro.

Sachiro
beck in the buzinesss
Subtract from Sachiro's ReputationAdd to Sachiro's Reputation Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Sachiro
01-04-2015

Thanks for the kind words guys <3
Sorry ThumbsUp but my heart is already taken by LuckyDutch haha

I feel like there are two kinds of entries right now :
The ones for the editing and the ones for the gameplay

It's actually really hard to mix both without losing bits of each..
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
The soundtrack was my favorite part of the tage. gamechallenged and I were going to use the Fade Away remix for my M2 when he was planning to edit it. Did you mix in the original version at the end? That was cool. I've also been wanting to use/see Outro in a tage. I love Gorillaz/Damon Albarn as well. Great choices. The only thing I didn't like in this regard was the all the additional sounds that were added. I thought they detracted from what was otherwise beautiful music.
Yes I felt in love with the fade away remix by c2c but I prefer the original ending so I mixed the 2 tracks ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk is rippin View Post
i swear i watched like 8 min of this vid like a year ago. did you have an unlisted render sach?
Yes, first song is almost 1yr old
Spoiler!
Sachiro
beck in the buzinesss
Subtract from Sachiro's ReputationAdd to Sachiro's Reputation Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Sachiro
01-04-2015

I'll make a video of raw and unused clips of dkahre
Spoiler!