Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2014

Display Modes Thread Tools
Lambee
Level 15
Subtract from Lambee's ReputationAdd to Lambee's Reputation Lambee finally popped his Bubble Shield Lambee finally popped his Bubble Shield Lambee finally popped his Bubble Shield Lambee finally popped his Bubble Shield
01-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranQ View Post
Holy shit what the fuck your brain is weird, hahahahah.

I meant more like, you can find my face in the video somewhere for example. We're not trying to plant subliminal messages that will make you kill Obama or some shit, calm down : D
Self-diagnosing through your gameplay, TranQ.

come on sillygoose, prove me right!
Lambee
Level 15
Subtract from Lambee's ReputationAdd to Lambee's Reputation Lambee finally popped his Bubble Shield Lambee finally popped his Bubble Shield Lambee finally popped his Bubble Shield Lambee finally popped his Bubble Shield
01-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
hahahahaha

one day im gunna make a video just for you to fuck your brain
As you can tell, you already have! But alrighty then... Real brain fuckers keep their word!
Twoson
Add for MLG H2MC - H3MC
Subtract from Twoson's ReputationAdd to Twoson's Reputation Twoson is legendary Twoson is legendary Twoson is legendary
01-06-2015

I haven't logged into THF for a long long time but I felt the urge to make a post to tell Sillygoose that I've been watching montages since the beginning of halo and that had to of been one of the coolest intros ever.

Great Video guys.

TWOSON
BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
01-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko Mia View Post
unnecessary statement here, friend. If a creative process (art) gets paid, how would that even be a bad thing??

I'd be happy if silly as the editor of this could earn a few bucks here, tbh
I don't think it's unnecessary. It's just my opinion. I feel that something like this is an alright montage, but I would be very upset if I paid money and this is what came out.
tranQ
Level 31
Subtract from tranQ's ReputationAdd to tranQ's Reputation tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to tranQ
01-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxSouljah View Post
I don't think it's unnecessary. It's just my opinion. I feel that something like this is an awesome montage, but I would be very upset if I paid money and this is what came out.
No money involved. Just happiness, love and shared passion. If we end up winning anything, we split it. Unless this slippery goose cheats out on me.

However, if anyone spent money and this was the outcome, I'd say it was worth it for the intro alone, haha.
BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
01-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranQ View Post
No money involved. Just happiness, love and shared passion. If we end up winning anything, we split it. Unless this slippery goose cheats out on me.

However, if anyone spent money and this was the outcome, I'd say it was worth it for the intro alone, haha.
Oh ok that's cool. The intro was tight, I just have a different opinion. Best of luck.
Rhis
Gucci Bacchae
Subtract from Rhis's ReputationAdd to Rhis's Reputation Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000
01-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
That was interesting...
this is a great, great post. the one thing i want to comment on is how hard it can be for the person providing the gameplay to understand the value of cutting off kills in a clip for artistic purposes.

Regards,
iTwich
H1//H2 PC
Subtract from iTwich's ReputationAdd to iTwich's Reputation iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin'
01-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhis View Post
this is a great, great post. the one thing i want to comment on is how hard it can be for the person providing the gameplay to understand the value of cutting off kills in a clip for artistic purposes.
Being as it was Gabe editing your GP for the longest time... it checks out. You know what you're talking about there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
ITT - how abrasive the H2V community is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KokoNuts View Post
This is why I love playing with Twch. He's the most lovely, helpful, encouraging, bright-side looking and kindest teammate ever.
tranQ
Level 31
Subtract from tranQ's ReputationAdd to tranQ's Reputation tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000 tranQ IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to tranQ
01-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhis View Post
It is indeed a great post.
LocaL
Level 17
Subtract from LocaL's ReputationAdd to LocaL's Reputation LocaL IS OVER 9000 LocaL IS OVER 9000 LocaL IS OVER 9000 LocaL IS OVER 9000 LocaL IS OVER 9000 LocaL IS OVER 9000 LocaL IS OVER 9000 LocaL IS OVER 9000 LocaL IS OVER 9000 LocaL IS OVER 9000 LocaL IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to LocaL Send a message via Skype™ to LocaL
01-06-2015

This was super enjoyable, and although upon the first watch I couldn't really take it all in (too many great videos in one day), re-watched just now and I have some thoughts.

Just a side note: when I say "Part 1," I mean the first body song. Same goes for part 2 and part 3, those are references to the body songs. Intro is the intro.

The 3rd part is my favorite. Although the 1st part has probably the most exciting editing to watch (wayy more effects and lively theater work), it was hard to get into just because the singer in that song is kind of annoying. The third song was perfect for closing out the montage, and it's awesome that it led into the credits allowing you to keep them short and sweet, given that this video is focused on the gameplay. That being said, I didn't mind the long intro; however, the last 10 seconds or so before the text "Into the TranQ," with the fly-by montage of snipes, was a little seizure-inducing.

I think the 2nd part of this montage started out really strong. The song transition actually gave me chills, and it was perfect how it switches right before tranQ hits the killtac. And that Scary Kids song is actually a personal favorite. But the problem I have with this 2nd part is that the angles get REALLY repetitive. I would have liked to either see an absence of angles OR some kind of extremely innovative angle work done like how we saw in the 1st part. Not saying it should have been a copy of the 1st part, I just wish I was more blown away. And I see how, in theory, the shaky angles would be a good effect, but they just got annoying and plain boring after a few minutes. Maybe if you started the 2nd part with no shaky angles, and gradually as the part goes on they became more shaky, then maybe the shakiness would have had a great impact. But to me, that effect was executed very poorly. That being said, I loved the effect with the medals falling to the screen, I thought that was really impressive.

Onto the 3rd part. I think the dynamic you set up between angles and POV was perfect for the mood of this song. The fast-paced nature of the 1st part would not have worked so well if implemented into the 3rd part, so props to you for making it different.

Quick note about the gameplay: it was fucking impressive as hell. There were two problems, though. One was that tranQ hyped it WAY too much, and that killed it for most of the people watching. Another problem was there were just a lot of filler clips -- I mean, don't get me wrong - a triple kill like, say, the one at 7:40, is actually amazing by my standards. But for tranQ standards, that's nothing special. TranQ shot himself in the foot by showing us way too much incredible MLG gameplay over the past few years.

I think that's all I have to say, I might add more as I find time to watch this again. Great job making this an exhilarating release; when I clicked on the video, I had no idea it was going to be Sillygoose who edited it. I don't know where this will end up in the comp, but I have faith it will continue to get the praise it deserves.