Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2014

Display Modes Thread Tools
Yumbles18
Level 26
Subtract from Yumbles18's ReputationAdd to Yumbles18's Reputation Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000
01-06-2015

Dude i've never even played h1 or really watched many h1 videos so i had absolutely no idea of what's good and what's bad and this still amazed me. An awesome display of such insane nerdy knowledge of the game i love it!

B
Level 50
Subtract from B's ReputationAdd to B's Reputation B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000
01-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ATH BY D3SIGN View Post
Honestly B, it's humbling to have you respond to what I thought.

Look, not to be a nut rider or to sound dramatic: This montage is one of few I would consider best montages of all time. Incredible, seamless editing, dope footage and concern all combined. The clips alone are so slick. You play the way pros wanted to when H1 competitive was at it's peak. You are the Zola of cutting, mixed with the phurion of gameplay. So flamboyant with skill but with the reserve of Walshy, if that makes sense. Watching this literally gave me chills. Im watching this like "Who the fuck plays like this?"

I can understand feeling like a project is rushed, but it does not come off like this at all. This to me is like a reid production - a freak of nature. It is SO good. This will go down like the last, - legenday. Hopefully the MCC can offer a new realm upon this game we all love so we can all still produce, but even if not, this has been made.

My point may sound scatterbrained but the TD:LR is that this video is FUCKING AMAZING, not to be a dick-rider. Good job, and as I said, thx for once again bringing steady content. Half these clips made my jaw hit the floor. Im sure you of all people can appreciate how rare that is.
Maaaaaaaan, I truthfully didn't expect to see a response like this. Throughout the last year and a half, I got to the point were I was second guessing myself and hoping I hadn't waited too long to release this, or if people wanted to see it. It even got to the point where I was so burnt out from editing that I started thinking the footage wasn't very unique. I know that sounds silly but I am sure you and every single other person who has ever made any content can agree that the more you look at it the more you can overlook things or simply lose interest in the edit, etc. It was very difficult to try to ensure that the footage wasn't hidden by the editing. I think there might be 4 clips in this video with editing on a kill at the same time that the shot took place. For the most part, I made sure that everything I didn't like to see in a video, I didn't do. What do I mean? Lengthy credits for a not-so lengthy video, not overusing FX, etc. Or at least I tried to. I didn't want to look back at this down the road and think "why did I do this or not that," although admittedly I am already doing that. Big time really. It was a relief to get this out without question, but boy do I wish I had two more days to really try to polish it. I appreciate and wholly understand what you're referring to in playstyle. If you notice, none of my montages that I've ever released contained a moment where it seems I was playing because the camera was rolling. If you play to win, shit will happen. If you play for footage, in time stuff will happen, sure, but I feel that's a very easy way to lose interest in the game, or get burned out even. It's definitely a personal opinion and I don't want that to sound like a negative to other content creators because some of the things that people have done and released on this forum has been in-fucking-sane. I suppose ultimately it boils down to what type of mood you're in when playing. I like glitching and I like winning. If I can combine the two that's always great, too. Either way, thanks so much for your kind words, man. Honestly. Very kind of you. I'm thankful you enjoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumbles18 View Post
Dude i've never even played h1 or really watched many h1 videos so i had absolutely no idea of what's good and what's bad and this still amazed me. An awesome display of such insane nerdy knowledge of the game i love it!
Thanks for sharing, Yumbles! Again, this post makes me especially pleased because that's exactly what I wanted as noted in some of my previous posts. I wanted those who weren't familiar with the game to at least sit through it until it was finished. I appreciate the comments, dude.

Pardon my spacing/typos, guys. iPhone.

View in Chrome for 60FPS

R I P

E L E
JoshNgton
THF VIP Member
Subtract from JoshNgton's ReputationAdd to JoshNgton's Reputation JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to JoshNgton
01-06-2015

the 3rds in this made it the most enjoyable halo ce montage for me...I am really glad you went the extra mile getting them

I am working on my own halo ce video so I feel your pain
B
Level 50
Subtract from B's ReputationAdd to B's Reputation B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000
01-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshNgton View Post
the 3rds in this made it the most enjoyable halo ce montage for me...I am really glad you went the extra mile getting them

I am working on my own halo ce video so I feel your pain
Thanks a lot, JoshNgton. It's nice to know others know the struggle. It was especially difficult for me because the PC I was using to capture is not meant for gaming. Not even for a game released in 2002. For whatever reason, when using the flycam, I could not get pan shots with the spartan coming directly towards the camera which is why the angles are so ... different. I had to throw stickies high in the air, catch them, turn on flycam, get the proper angle all before the nade blows up. Then, once that's complete as I'm sure you're aware, I have to scale the clip and position it so "suicide" or "you've been killed by" text isn't in the shot. My biggest challenge, aside from technical difficulties, was trying to get the shot to look "good" coming right before or after a console clip. It was very difficult trying to create 3rd person shots for clips that are 7 years old, ha.

I have been so fuckin' pumped for Radius since its initial trailer. I do hope you still plan on releasing this. I've lest probably 20 posts over the last year hyping that video's release. I still cannot wait to see it, man. I am a huge fan of your work and love the little things you do with your videos. In example, one of your more recent edits, you had widescreen bars on top and bottom, and you masked the boxes and camo so it appeared to fall out of the frame (I thought it was sick as shit). Additionally, the credits you made with the masked spartans, banshees, etc., running across the text and flying across the screen was honestly one of my favorite things I've seen in all of my years watching/creating videos. Very fuckin' hyped for it, man. If you aren't releasing it, I don't care what it is that you're making, you're gold.

Update: Just wanted to let you guys know that I am in the process of converting this video to 720p60. I have been experimenting with different techniques and had tried my ass off to get my finalized Movie Competition submission to 60FPS but I simply ran out of time. I will update the thread with the new link once I am finished with the agonizing process. Remastering SD footage is in-fuckin'-sane.

Update 2: I fuckin' did it. Got it to 720p60. If you'd like to download, click here. I will update the OP with a download link.

View in Chrome for 60FPS

R I P

E L E

Last edited by B; 01-08-2015 at 08:19 AM.
terv
YOU AINT GOT NO YEEZY?!!
Subtract from terv's ReputationAdd to terv's Reputation terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000
01-12-2015

man, this video gets better with each viewing. i remember a render you sent my brother (BiG PAYN3) when he was still up in tally. it was with an ADTR song from like 5 years ago and you masked out a doorway on prisoner which led to iirc a double kill. i always wondered if that video was ever gonna come out and it's so cool to see that you finally released something using that gameplay. all these years later and this gameplay is setting standards for H1. the editing was very clean as well. nice transitions and presented the gameplay in a way that halo 1 should be presented. i feel like if you tried to do too much more, this video would have lost some of it's magic.

all in all, this was an amazing video, b. hope to get schooled by you in h1 soon
GT: ayy terv

http://www.youtube.com/user/PAYN3isTehSecks
Subscribe plz (:
Married to NickV
BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
01-13-2015

That OG Xbox intro was hella dope! The angle work is very nice. Music was very fitting for a CE montage. Those unexpected kills on Darkman and Rippin made my fucking jaw drop. Stellar entry B.
JoshNgton
THF VIP Member
Subtract from JoshNgton's ReputationAdd to JoshNgton's Reputation JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to JoshNgton
01-13-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Thanks a lot, JoshNgton. It's nice to know others know the struggle. It was especially difficult for me because the PC I was using to capture is not meant for gaming. Not even for a game released in 2002. For whatever reason, when using the flycam, I could not get pan shots with the spartan coming directly towards the camera which is why the angles are so ... different. I had to throw stickies high in the air, catch them, turn on flycam, get the proper angle all before the nade blows up. Then, once that's complete as I'm sure you're aware, I have to scale the clip and position it so "suicide" or "you've been killed by" text isn't in the shot. My biggest challenge, aside from technical difficulties, was trying to get the shot to look "good" coming right before or after a console clip. It was very difficult trying to create 3rd person shots for clips that are 7 years old, ha.

I have been so fuckin' pumped for Radius since its initial trailer. I do hope you still plan on releasing this. I've lest probably 20 posts over the last year hyping that video's release. I still cannot wait to see it, man. I am a huge fan of your work and love the little things you do with your videos. In example, one of your more recent edits, you had widescreen bars on top and bottom, and you masked the boxes and camo so it appeared to fall out of the frame (I thought it was sick as shit). Additionally, the credits you made with the masked spartans, banshees, etc., running across the text and flying across the screen was honestly one of my favorite things I've seen in all of my years watching/creating videos. Very fuckin' hyped for it, man. If you aren't releasing it, I don't care what it is that you're making, you're gold.

Update: Just wanted to let you guys know that I am in the process of converting this video to 720p60. I have been experimenting with different techniques and had tried my ass off to get my finalized Movie Competition submission to 60FPS but I simply ran out of time. I will update the thread with the new link once I am finished with the agonizing process. Remastering SD footage is in-fuckin'-sane.

Update 2: I fuckin' did it. Got it to 720p60. If you'd like to download, click here. I will update the OP with a download link.
Wow that means alot I did not know people were even interested in a halo ce jump video :P

I have got all the footage sitting on my harddrive but i keep changing my mind on songs. So when I do have any freetime I spend it doing the first minute or so of a song then change my mind and restart.

It is probably one of the last halo videos I will do and the fact I have put it off for so long and then cut so much footage,relanded and landed new jumps with different fovs and with better framerates. On the one hand I just want it done and on the other it has been on and off for 3 years so I dont feel any pressure because I assume people forgot about it.

I would be very surprised if it didnt come out sometime this year.

at the moment I have 2 songs I dont hate yet so we will see when i have freetime again.

Roots is definitely a motivator for me to finish

Roots 2 when?
sk0ls
Level 42
Subtract from sk0ls's ReputationAdd to sk0ls's Reputation sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000
01-13-2015

B help me clarify here.
this double switch melee shit. blyb? is there an extra benefit to the switch or just pure style points?

^^^^trying to learn the ways of the force.
LOST IN TIME

Stobs
Classic.
Subtract from Stobs's ReputationAdd to Stobs's Reputation Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000
01-16-2015

Think YouTube is trying to tell me something?

Looks like I'll settle in for yet another watch. This video is so good man.
sk0ls
Level 42
Subtract from sk0ls's ReputationAdd to sk0ls's Reputation sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000
01-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk0ls View Post
B help me clarify here.
this double switch melee shit. blyb? is there an extra benefit to the switch or just pure style points?

^^^^trying to learn the ways of the force.
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.
LOST IN TIME