Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2014

Display Modes Thread Tools
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
01-03-2015

Hope to see a download link for this in the near future, wanna see it best quality.

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late
B
Level 50
Subtract from B's ReputationAdd to B's Reputation B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000
01-03-2015

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to comment so far. I've been incredibly tired and busy with work so I haven't had the time to address everyone. I will do so later this evening/tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, I was running on too little sleep and had to rush off to work and didn't realize YouTube's quality was soooo poor. Additionally, it letterboxed the video for whatever fuckin' reason. Pretty bummed about it. I just finished encoding and will provide a download link. The quality on the encode isn't exponentially better however it is clear that it's visibly better. If people would prefer I reupload, and if it's acceptable under video competition rules, I will certainly do so. Again, thanks for the love so far and I will be sure to return a reply to all commenters.

View in Chrome for 60FPS

R I P

E L E
Dante
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Dante's ReputationAdd to Dante's Reputation Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000
01-03-2015

Patiently awaiting dl.
TIFE LIFE
B
Level 50
Subtract from B's ReputationAdd to B's Reputation B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000
01-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Patiently awaiting dl.
Here you are, bud: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdu7jf36nv...Roots.mp4?dl=0

I will continue to try to improve on my encoding to squeeze the most out of this that I can. The original file was just under 20 GBs so this is a significant drop at only 117 MBs. Thanks, Dante.

View in Chrome for 60FPS

R I P

E L E
Dante
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Dante's ReputationAdd to Dante's Reputation Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000
01-03-2015

Damn, I can't believe you were sitting on clips like that for so long. So many disgusting snipes, spawn sticks in CE still blow my mind, and that string of doubles and spawn sticks on Damnation was the best. Solid editing and work with the freecam/3rd person was cool. Looking forward to more once MCC is fully fixed.
TIFE LIFE
Octavion
Level 28
Subtract from Octavion's ReputationAdd to Octavion's Reputation Octavion is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Octavion
01-03-2015

Well it's probably been 7 years since I posted on these ol' forums here but that was epic B. I'm touched to be in the creds! Nice work and serious nostalgia. <3 you

^Thanks Millionaire Hoy
starbucks
dorkrockcorkrod
Subtract from starbucks's ReputationAdd to starbucks's Reputation starbucks IS OVER 9000 starbucks IS OVER 9000 starbucks IS OVER 9000 starbucks IS OVER 9000 starbucks IS OVER 9000 starbucks IS OVER 9000 starbucks IS OVER 9000 starbucks IS OVER 9000 starbucks IS OVER 9000 starbucks IS OVER 9000 starbucks IS OVER 9000
01-03-2015

CAUSE I DON'T CARE WHERE I BELONG NO MORE
WHAT WE SHARE OR NOT I WILL IGNOREEEEEEEEEEEE
I WILL IGNORE!
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
01-04-2015

It's up on THF!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FelMFB8nMkw

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late
Doodlepop
Level 9000
Subtract from Doodlepop's ReputationAdd to Doodlepop's Reputation Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Doodlepop Send a message via Yahoo to Doodlepop
01-04-2015

Watched this again with a buddy of mine last night. This video is so good. Your H1 gameplay is probably some of the most enjoyable Halo to watch. Your knowledge of the game just comes through so clearly, unlike any other persons GP I've seen.
XBL - Stoodlepop :: PSN - MindlesssDribble

Witness the future of classic Halo content. Lost In Time.
B
Level 50
01-04-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater ohm View Post
Roots 2 2022 hype sigs plz, edit when done!

Damn dude, I honestly didnt expect this clean of an edit. Color me impressed, that's tricky to do when throwing in angles from fancy XB1 footage. Making masking type transitions look good with old SD ghost ass POV footage was always pretty tricky.
Transitions were dope, Gameplay was sweet. I liked the sprees, we don't see those much in montages anymore and with H1 spawns its just cool as shit.
What I especially liked was the soundtrack, maybe I'm just projecting/reading into it too much but it really fucking nails what I'd imagine a project like this would feel like for you. Which made me very involved in it.
The Elmo shout out and mentions at the end made this even more personal and shows your character and appreciation for the community, props.

the 3:35 synch with the brightness/flashes made me think of your h2m6 haha.

With Lat3ski's Custom Edition montage and now this, H1 Videos once again stand shoulder to shoulder with the other halo's.

Glad you got this done B.

edit: how about that fucking OG Xbox power up intro? that killed me
Thank you very much, slater. I feel youíve been feeliní what Iíve tried to get across extremely well Ė I couldnít be more pleased with how much youíve been enjoying yourself. Again, I wanted to make sure when editing the video that I merely created a fluid video from start to finish. I didnít want to mask or alter the gameplay whatsoever, or, really I tried to make sure I could display the clips as they were captured. After all, I felt the need to capture them in the first place. Itíd be doing an injustice to try to show only a little of whatís there. Youíre not reading into the soundtrack. Aside from my schedule and life throughout this time, I have made countless (I mean itÖ countless) renders of this same footage. Iíve always got burnt out from the song I was using and would lose confidence. Throughout those 7 years, I can honestly say I would take note of songs that I would hear out and about that I liked that I thought could work. Long story short, they didnít, for this footage anyways. I will consider them for future projects. Ultimately, I wanted to make sure that everything about this video had a purpose Ė the music was very important in making sure that this happened. I made sure to try to find a grungy sound that would represent not only the time when the game was released but more so, the quality of the footage (literally, the clarity) and the mood also. I am thankful you took notice to this. Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
i cant handle all these videos and now this

Okay so when i think of Halo tages each game always has a select few videos that come to mind that reflect everything i love about the series, this video is seriously on point with Rippons final for me, if not better, just the best display of CE mastery i have seen, cannot get over some of those clips, and its not even stuff like the Damnation double /stick to snipe across map, Battle Creek whip noscope etc (which are jaw dropping btw) but its the way you present your knowledge in the game with the spawn trapping on Prisoner and the spawn sticks on Damnation, its fucking insane. Remember that French guy in Retrospect who was commenting on the skill levels in CE and how you get fucked bad by good people, this video was the perfect evidence to that and i cant thank you enough for making it.

Also to note i loved what you did with the editing and audio work, angles and general remastering.
/endofdickride but this was godlike
This is very, very kind of you, Hyena. I am a huge fan of yours and am very glad you found yourself enjoying this. This goes directly to one of the main points when I captured this way back when. I never thought Iíd have the opportunity to play the game again and so I was very fortunate I was able to get those last days in on XBC prior to everything becoming hell in my life. I figured I would hold on to this footage no matter how long it took to create something with it Ė I simply did not have the technology capable of handing what I wanted to do with it. Even now I struggled so fuckiní much because of the limitations I faced on the hardware side of things. If I had it my way I wouldíve spent more time on this and made sure everything that I captured found a place in the video. I had to render out pieces of the video several times, import it, apply corrections and FX, and render it out before being able to mask, etc., because all of the operations became far too demanding for my computer(s). I am very fortunate to be associated with such great company, I did want to make a lasting impression with this and new it had the potential to be my best work. Just had to be patient in not relasing the footage by dragging and dropping it in a timeline with music and posting. It was worth it, all the stress in preserving this, to be able to release in a fashion that I found pleasing once it was all said and done. I would have been bummed to have wasted the investment for nothing at all. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on the remasting. After all, that is what the bulk the time spent on this project was Ė restoration in post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv1ncible View Post
As someone who never really played H1 multiplayer, my mind is seriously blown right now. That was so good.
Thanks for the kind words. One of my biggest challenges in making this was ensuring that I catered to all audiences. I knew the music was hit or miss so I wasnít overly concerned with people liking the tracks or not. I wanted to make sure to preserve the footage for the people who could appreciate it to its fullest (the people whoíve been playing since the beginning Ė the old timers) but also for those who would be experiencing Halo 1 for the first time when watching this. I knew despite the game coming out so long ago, some people still wouldnít be familiar with it so they were there for the editing aspect. It was walking a very fine line. I actually had quite a bit of motion tracking (text based) going on that I felt was excellent(!) but in the end I decided to scrap all newer FX to merely modernize the footage with the edit. It is a rare thing for someone to have clear console footage for Halo 1 so I wanted to try to do something special and, again, make sure to cater to both audiences Ė those here for the footage and those who need the editing to remain entertained. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfire View Post
Fuckin' A. Simply stellar.

No words can describe the gravity and the flawless execution of this project. Absolutely amazing to see such crisp and clean transitions clip to clip. The raw material was unbelievable and the final product is something that'll be re watched by many, over and over.

Congrats B, you made me squirt.
Thank you so much for taking the time to watch it, Ox. Youíre a big part of the reason why this video is on this forum today. Seriously though. Hereís to the future and the insane moment weíll create in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Oh wow, that was nasty fucking nice.
Thanks a lot for the view, Marksman. Iím thankful you watched it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk0ls View Post
I love how easy you make spawn prediction look. Really really amazing video. Plus i saw some darkman/ripppon pwnage in there early on. Pure legend status.
Thank you so much. Just to reaffirm: Iím a huge fan of yours and loved what youíve done with your latest! Itís fuckiní naaaasty. Canít wait to play with you more often once I am able to jump on and play. I plan on being a bit more established (middle of moving) come February. Weíll get up and rule the world then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
You're going to be my only source for learning spawns in CE. This is all I need.
Iíd love to get some games in with you man. I promise if you simply play the game, youíll get good. It will take some time depending on how involved you become but itís the best for a reason of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBlazin187Xx View Post
Was never an H1 kid but I still enjoyed it
Thanks a lot, Blazin! Iím glad you were still entertained. This makes me happy knowing you arenít the biggest Halo 1 fan because that was a concern when making it. I wanted to try to make sure everyone could it enjoy it one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko Mia View Post
Nice watch. I wasn't blown away by the clips as much as I would have thought. Your snipe and instinct is on point though, plus you can tell how much love and knowledge comes with this video. Some of the clips need advanced skill and that needs to be appreciated.
I really liked that you was trying to use a few angles here and there^

The Halo audio wasn't mixed well unfortunately and it did hurt in my ears at times. Nonetheless This Montage has something special and does a great job in regards to bring back the old glance of the Halo era. Therefore props for the song choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks so much for the review, Kiko. Yeah, unfortunately, Halo CE videos might not be as easily understood when compared to the later titles Ė or as entertaining Ė because of the lack of players in competitive matches (2v2 H:CE; 4v4 all others). For me personally, I never ďmontageĒ when I play. I simply play to win and cut what I feel was worth a second like Ė much like the way Iím sure you approach your decisions. You nailed it with your comment, ďsome clips need advanced skill to be appreciatedĒ. Thatís what a lot of the more ďvanillaĒ clips require. But I do very much appreciate your comment on the audio! I am trying to get better in this area and honestly spent a ton of time mixing/mastering if you will. Again, it was very difficult trying to balance audio between three different titles, especially when it is such low quality sound. Thanks so much for your honesty on the audio side. I will most definitely take it into my future edits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havey View Post
B, that was great man. I'm not writing reviews til after, but I will say that was surprisingly clean and I usually don't get really into H1 stuff, but that kept me really intrigued the entire time. Some of those clips were awesome and the edit was really on point.

Goodluck in the comp. Very special project and I'm glad you could get it out in time!
Thank you so much for your time, Havey. I am glad you enjoyed it. As I said a few posts back, I am thankful for your input. Those not familiar with Halo 1 was a primary concern and I wanted to make sure those new to the game could enjoy the video as well. Your input is extremely valuable and I look forward to a in depth review if you get the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat3ksi View Post
Well, this is exactly what I'd describe as an awesome montage. My poor English may become a bottleneck now but I'ma try and explain my thoughts.
Already got hooked at the intro with the Xbox logo and when the music slowly faded in, then a series of timed spawn snipes happened. And spawn sticks. And a spree of them? Mind blown, check. I'd never pull that off. And those off-host swipe snipes were sick! I was amazed and had this you know, excited, happy mood for the whole time, haha.

Oh and don't worry about the rushing, it definitely doesn't look rushed. In fact it's a very solid edit with fucking ridiculous gameplay, nice transitions, good soundtrack with syncing and angle usage when it's needed. In my opinion the best H1 montage out there, Rippon's final and Image of the Invisible coming close.

Just awesome.
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, Lat3ksi. Again, I cannot thank you enough for helping me. This is a special project for me and youíre forever a part of that. I am so grateful that this video has made such an impression on you. Ultimately, it is what I was aiming for, to be in a favorites folder, but for it to come across is and be said that this video is up there as someoneís favorite is very humbling. Hopefully in the future if you have the time you can teach me how to achieve footage and the clarity and quality that you create so I can incorporate them into my edits. It would be the most beneficial knowledge I could gain at this point in my opinion. Again, thanks so much for the review. Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlepop View Post
Damn B that was sick. That last clip on Damnation doe.....
Haha, thanks a lot, brother. To be honest, there was a kill at the end of the clip and also two kills to start the clip that I did not include because I didnít want to clip to feel out of placed or seemed like it was forced to fit the position so ultimately I did cut it. The song tempo was a bit too soft to have any hard cuts leading into big gaps time wise between footage. Admittedly, one of the kills was a pretty nice snipe headshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLxHustla View Post
B SiK, you just might be the official god of H1
Your skill would allow you instant access to my heaven. Youíre a monster, my child. I cannot wait to see what you create and share in the future. Thank you so much for the comment and taking the time to watch it. I am very appreciative of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr rocko View Post
Got my attention and hooked me in with the OG Xbox start up

Spawn stuff was great and some perfect double melees (probably my favorite type of h1 clip to this day).

Well done and glad you put in the effort to release this under your terms. Definitely added character to the mix.
Thanks a lot for the comment, rocko! I wish I were able to include more double melees. Theyíre some of my favorite types of kills as well. I have a folder of them and wasnít able to include 12 or so. I will definitely create an unreleased footage video down the road and post it. I will be sure to let you know as well. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBLOC View Post
That was so damn enjoyable. Loved it.
Thanks for taking the time to comment, man! I am thankful you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Thanks for that. Twas great.
Youíre welcome, Andrew. Thank you for watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
alright!

edit: that was amazing. never seen so many spawn sticks.
Thanks a lot, stormy. Unfortunately, I wasnít able to include 7 or so of them. I wanted to use all leftovers for the credits but I wouldíve found myself being a hypocrite. I hate when certain videos lengths have intro and credits that take up a large part of it. Truthfully, it is important in my opinion for people to receive credit and acknowledgement for their work but I donít want to bore them. If they want to learn more and continue being involved, they will at their expense which is ultimately why I made sure credits werenít excessively long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorn_248 View Post
Quality video, demonstrating a knowledge of the game that I never had but can only admire. Had a good nostalgic feel to it as well, which is hard to get. Part of it may have had to do with the fact that back in the day, I thought montages were so good because the clips were so much better than anything I expected to achieve at the time. Basically, I was a n00b. With H1 I definitely am a n00b so I still get that excitement when watching sick plays, but with h2/h3 I've seen tens of thousands of clips and eventually a lot of gameplay starts to look the same. This was really refreshing though, great stuff.
Thanks a lot for watching, bjorn! I actually was hoping youíd see it. I was messing around with your Mac encoding and was trying to use your methods and software for my project but unfortunately could not get it to function as intended. I believe I PMed you or posted in the thread some time back. Either way, I am thankful for your comment and am glad that this video was something relatively new for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTwich View Post
God damn that was incredible.

I want a download link. Badly.

Pls.
Right on, Twich. Thanks for the comment. Glad you enjoyed. Hereís a download link for yuh: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdu7jf36nv...Roots.mp4?dl=0 | I am so fuckiní pumped for your release with Halzred. I am so pumped back in the day when he edited my montage 6. Youíre in great hands. Canít wait for it to drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickV View Post
FUCKING FINALLY

Edit: well done, man. Loved the spawntraps and clutch plays. The quality difference between the angles and actual gameplay is kind of awkward, but god damn I'd make love to this montage and to you any day.

Nice to see it being dedicated to Elmo and thanks for the shoutout! (Y)
Haha, I was waiting to see you post. The ďFUCKING FINALLYĒ is overly fitting and deserved. Yeah, it was difficult to match the footage but naturally there would be some discrepancy between the FPS. No problem for the shout, brother. Youíre my dude. Thanks so much for taking the time to watch. I am thankful youíre one of the people that do enjoy it. I wouldíve been bummed if I let you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambee MJOLNIR View Post
Oh my! This is not even remotely close to how I played CE on split screen with my friends back in the days. Was that a Battle Creek rico noscope off the wall for the running riot?!?! This was such a good watch!
Thanks a lot, dude! Not many people have seen CE at this level. If more people knew it could be played like this maybe it would become more popular? Hell, I donít know. Either way, no, that was not a ricochet. It was just CEís physics coupled with offhost play (latency, player movement, etc.). I believe that game was with a Columbian actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoK View Post
Great work B. This makes me want to set up a lan in Dallas sometime soon.
Ugh, yes, so glad you made it in here. Was worried it might not land in front of you. You name the date, man. We need to catch up. I havenít had your number for quite some time now. Hope youíre well, man. Youíre a big part of the reason this video is here today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
Damn.. I haven't seen many H1 tages but this is just incredible. Your mastery of the game is insane. The edit was also really clean and smooth, some of your transitions were really well done. Good luck in the contest, really great video

Thanks a lot for the comment, Revenge! I appreciate the well wishes for the contest! We should get some games in if the time allows. Youíll be playing with the big boys in no time flat Iím sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2 View Post
This was nasty. The spawn knowledge is insane. And that last dammy clip was disgusting. The edit was perfect in my eyes. And I quite enjoyed the song.

Good shit B.
Thanks so much, J. Iíve tried very hard to make sure the edit didnít fuck up the flow and footage. I am very thankful you liked it. I look forward to playing more with you, man. Iíve enjoyed the little bit we have played since MCC dropped. Again, once I am transitioned and established in my new pad I will be sure to get up with you wayyy more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanny View Post
That was awesome man, some of those plays were great. Song wasn't my cup of tea but I still enjoyed that watch alot. Nasty how many spawn sticks you got.
Thanks a lot, Wanny! I am glad you liked it, dude. I knew the music wasnít going to be for everyone however as you said and Iím sure youíd guess, I had a certain mood in mind and actually spent so much time considering music for this. 7 years to be exact, haha. I appreciate the time you took to comment. Thank you. Wish I was able to include all of them but I wanted to make sure I had a nice variety of footage. As I said a few posts ago, I had about 7 unused spawn sticks remaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrad View Post
Makes me sad and miss the old days

such an incredible video.
Donít be sad. Be thankful we had the experience. Thanks so much for your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
That was awesome B.
Thanks a lot, Smithers. Very glad you were one of the people who watched it and enjoyed it. Looking forward to gaminí with you, brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocaL View Post
that was amazing
Thanks, LocaL! Glad you liked it, man. Means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyVertan View Post
You've got a remarkable, unique way with editing. It's perfect.
Thanks for the kind words, Crafty! I tried really hard with this Ė my first edit. Youíre in the video, brother! Not just the credits, the footage! Hope youíre well, my man. Thanks again for the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesSidE View Post
Saw an ad for Halo MCC and thought I'd hop on THF - it's been years. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this video was posted just 8 hours ago. At any rate, I really enjoyed the montage. I thought the editing accentuated the gameplay; too often it's the other way around. Very cool B SiK, hope you've been well buddy.
I just got a nerd boner. Why? This guy. WeSSidE! I am so glad to see you around here, man! Thanks so much for the comment! Isnít it fuckiní crazy how much time has gone by since our times gaminí together? Itís mind-blowing to be honest. I am very appreciate of your feedback as well; I worked very hard making sure that this way in fact the case and not the other way around, like you said. I appreciate your thoughts so much, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhis View Post
dude i cannot believe i just watched a new h1 bsik montage in 2015. gameplay and editing were so fucking on point and my god some were the transitions consistently amazing. angle work blew me away as well, just about as well done as you can make a h1 montage with the resources we have available. but the one thing i really want to comment on is how amazing and spot on the gameplay audio was, i dont think ive ever seen a tage's audio mastered better.

9.5/10
Yes! Thank God you saw it, man. I hinted to you during my H1ghlights video that this was coming. I am very appreciate of your kind words man. More so that you took the time to share with me your thoughts. I do hope we get the time to game together. Youíve always been one of my dudes around here. Also, thanks a lot on the comment about the theater work, etc. This level of work hasnít been done with console footage before. Lat3ksi is a fuckiní monster and has been killiní it video wise for Halo PC for years now. I wanted to follow suit and try to make something nice for console since itís never done. Also, appreciate the audio comment a lot, too. I am glad it was noticed. I spent a lot of time trying to make everything fit and sound well and itís excellent to hear it noticed. It was rough in areas and I actually forgot to add some clips but yes, every singe sound is hand placed in this video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatalysTT View Post
Really nice video man, enjoyed it a lot. Those spawns!
Thanks a lot for the review, man! This game is amazing, itís not the footage. Itís the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendkill View Post
watched this earlier, great video. idk how you even do some of this stuff bc im inexperienced with h1 (especially the spawn sticks.. sooo many). but great stuff.
Thanks a lot for the comment, Trendkill. Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1337 View Post
I love this video great job man.

The editing is different than almost everything I've seen in the past. For example, stringing together priz clips from different games. Adding in the 3rd person perspectives. Transitions using map geometry to cut the screen. Its nothing brand new but your attention to detail on every clip was nice to watch.

Gameplay was great and you showed off your spawn kills a lot. I liked seeing offhost xbc again, too, it's been awhile. I wish you had more captured! I was really starting to get into it when the credits came up. The music was excellent as well. Great feel overall.
Thank you so much, Josh. I feel your comments are always so real and spot on. Nothing in this video is new by any means however we donít see it done ever in console Halo 1 footage. Thatís what I wanted to try to do here but making sure the footage wasnít hidden Ė I wanted to make sure the footage was still the main part. I do have a bit of unused footage but yeah, through the 7 years I ended up losing some of the footage, which is a drag, but I am not sure what al I lost anyways anymore. Thanks a lot for taking the time to watch and comment, brother. Canít wait to play more with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhestal View Post
This was so good, really refreshing video. Loved all the spawn sticks and the crazy snipes you had, can't believe the last clip haha. Really great editing as well. You had a really good sync and interesting use of cinematics. I also noticed a few nice clip-clip transitions on my second watch. I'd really like to download this.
Thanks a lot for the comment, Zhestal. I was very limited with the cinematics due to hardware malfunctions however at the same time I was glad that I was able to make things work out so well despite my huge limitations. I added the download link to the OP, brother. Here it is again: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdu7jf36nv...Roots.mp4?dl=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao View Post
This is the only video I've watched all the way through in the last year or so. Amazing job B SiK. I knew you were a legend, but this video reinforces that to the maximum.
Thanks so much, Chao. This is a huge fuckiní comment for me, making you finish a video honestly. I was striving to release my best work yet. I hope it came across. Again, thanks for sharing your opinion. This means a lot that you liked it so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Miguel View Post
Loved the video broski. Amazing gameplay with great editing and home made theater shots lol.

We need to make a big H1 tage
Thanks so much, brother. Glad you loved it! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavion View Post
Well it's probably been 7 years since I posted on these ol' forums here but that was epic B. I'm touched to be in the creds! Nice work and serious nostalgia. <3 you
Has it really been that long since youíve posted? Jesus. Thanks so much brother. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on Facebook with me. Hopefully we can get some time and actually play together instead of simply jerkiní eachother off! Thanks again for the kind words my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbucks View Post
CAUSE I DON'T CARE WHERE I BELONG NO MORE
WHAT WE SHARE OR NOT I WILL IGNOREEEEEEEEEEEE
I WILL IGNORE!
This is my favorite post in this thread so far. That cram. So glad this track hit home with so many people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater ohm View Post
Excellent! Thanks so much, slater. Again, thans for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlepop View Post
Watched this again with a buddy of mine last night. This video is so good. Your H1 gameplay is probably some of the most enjoyable Halo to watch. Your knowledge of the game just comes through so clearly, unlike any other persons GP I've seen.
Doodle, those are some very kind comments, man. Thanks so much for liking this. Again, youíre one of the people I am thankful enjoyed this video. Youíve been part of our squad for quite some time now. Glad you are doing so well. And youíre a fuckiní stud at the game nowadays. Itís your time to shine, fuck us old dudes.

Thanks for the overwhelming love so far, all. I am very grateful. Honestly.

View in Chrome for 60FPS

R I P

E L E