Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2014

Display Modes Thread Tools
LuckyDutch
Level 24
Subtract from LuckyDutch's ReputationAdd to LuckyDutch's Reputation LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000
12-23-2014

First of all, editing in all parts was solid except the 2 high top and bottom black bars in part 4. those annoyed me especially because they weren't there for the rest of the montage.
Gameplay wise, Part 1 was disapointing, especially because Fatrat has some of my favorite montages of all time (especially his m2). The last clip was sick though. Part 2 was nice, some great 2 for 1's. Part 3 & 4 were my favorites, some really creative snipes from crazy positions in part 3 and some really sick multi kills in part 4. Part 5 was nice to, fuck you are good at no scoping. So overall really nice montage!

dvouRddd
Lil Spartan 07 > THF
Subtract from dvouRddd's ReputationAdd to dvouRddd's Reputation dvouRddd is on the rise to fame dvouRddd is on the rise to fame
12-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezima View Post
Got bored so i turned it off
Yeahhh....
"You have to attempt the absurd to achieve the impossible." -Unknown
RoBoT BaLLeS
Level 26
Subtract from RoBoT BaLLeS's ReputationAdd to RoBoT BaLLeS's Reputation RoBoT BaLLeS finally popped his Bubble Shield RoBoT BaLLeS finally popped his Bubble Shield RoBoT BaLLeS finally popped his Bubble Shield RoBoT BaLLeS finally popped his Bubble Shield
12-23-2014

good stuff guys
def some stand out clips in there
zZ PHOBIA zZ
Level 12
Subtract from zZ PHOBIA zZ's ReputationAdd to zZ PHOBIA zZ's Reputation zZ PHOBIA zZ wears a live rattlesnake as a condom zZ PHOBIA zZ wears a live rattlesnake as a condom zZ PHOBIA zZ wears a live rattlesnake as a condom zZ PHOBIA zZ wears a live rattlesnake as a condom zZ PHOBIA zZ wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
12-23-2014

I feel like the theme could've been executed so much better in my opinion but the gameplay was definitely something on another level.

Mayhem // Astiun Media
@JordanAYPK

The very first montage I have ever seen

Gorillars
Level 26
Subtract from Gorillars's ReputationAdd to Gorillars's Reputation Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000
12-23-2014

I enjoyed it greatly, really sick stuff and a cool theme to go by.I think I expected a bit "other" clips through the hype we had but well it was good nonetheless.
YBLOC's part was my fav.. Also pretty cool to see 3 different editors in there.

Laughed out loud at the battle scene at the end but thinking about it, it was well made and fitted right in.
Good luck in the Competetion.
PS: Mantis I can't wait to see your new stuff
Member of the Halowheelmen.com community.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gorillars
iDiesel
Level 37
Subtract from iDiesel's ReputationAdd to iDiesel's Reputation iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to iDiesel
12-23-2014

I enjoyed this a lot, it was a really nice vid. The last clip in almost every section was sick, which kept me anticipating what was to come. There were definitely a handful more ridiculous clips as well, so nice job on those. I thought you guys did a good job with the theme - it was cool to see a different iteration of it in each chapter of the video. Definitely was true to the Hyena feel for the most part. Thought you maybe could have expanded on it and done some more creative stuff too, but that didn't seem to be the goal. Intro and Outro were cool too. Never seen a hand-to-hand combat scene in a halo montage haha, that was sweet.

I also had mixed feelings about it, though. Like others, I thought it should have been shorter. I'm not opposed to longer-than-normal montages, but the gameplay has to warrant the length. Not trying to sound harsh, but the clips either needed to be more diverse or just better to keep a 16-minute video entertaining the whole way. I felt like there were a lot of really similar clips repeated in each section. They started to become predictable and formulaic at times, even though they were solid clips. I was hoping for some more inventive clips like Hyena himself comes up with.

Anyway, didn't mean to spend more words on the bad than the good, so I'll come back around and say that I really did enjoy it the whole way through. Dutchy's section was a great end and was especially enjoyable because of the song (cool tribute) and he fucking brought it with those clips. Overall, this was a cool experience and memorable video. Great job to everyone who came together to make this happen.
crucifix
wsup den
Subtract from crucifix's ReputationAdd to crucifix's Reputation crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000
12-24-2014

Don't know why stobs reused that song for dutchy's part. I mean, I know why, but it took me out of the video and made me want to watch Oblivion instead. Dutchy and Hyena have very different playstyles. Didn't match up as a tribute all that well since the gameplay for that part was sort of underwhelming. Medals-Medals-Bland NoScopes-Medals

Although, I felt like it pieced together nicely. Ybloc's part was amazing. Probably my favorite section from a halo montage since I don't know, the second song from hwnt's prime?

This had it's problems. Of course, that's expected from a multi-edited montage. So I'd give it a 7/10. Still very enjoyable. It has my vote.
reow
Spoiler!
FatRat
Level 26
Subtract from FatRat's ReputationAdd to FatRat's Reputation FatRat IS OVER 9000 FatRat IS OVER 9000 FatRat IS OVER 9000 FatRat IS OVER 9000 FatRat IS OVER 9000 FatRat IS OVER 9000 FatRat IS OVER 9000 FatRat IS OVER 9000 FatRat IS OVER 9000 FatRat IS OVER 9000 FatRat IS OVER 9000
12-24-2014

I'd just like to mention that these are almost all leftover clips. We didn't plan on using our best clips for this video, just ones more similar to Hyena's. We really tried to make this a tribute to him, so I used all my claw clips that I had been trying to get for the past 6 months for example.

We really appreciate all the feedback though. I personally can agree with some of the criticism but I hope the video is still enjoyable to most of you, or at least different parts of it. Either way, thanks for all the responses so far
Yumbles18
Level 26
Subtract from Yumbles18's ReputationAdd to Yumbles18's Reputation Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000 Yumbles18 IS OVER 9000
12-24-2014

Fatrat's stick tac, Ishii's pit jaro and Guardian 2ferover into troc, mantis' trocity on the jumping dino, dutchy's EVERYTHING! shocking that those clips count as leftovers for you but i do believe it due to the fact that you're all bosses at the game. Also no-one's mentioned the angles at the beginning of ybloc's section (I believe it was under epitaph?) That was one of the coolest looking things i've seen in a montage in quite some time

Mint Blitz
Level 13
Subtract from Mint Blitz's ReputationAdd to Mint Blitz's Reputation Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Mint Blitz Send a message via Skype™ to Mint Blitz
12-24-2014

I said it on yt ill say it again, vegetas theme is the shit.