Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2014

Display Modes Thread Tools
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
09-19-2014

Watched this the other day and forgot to reply.

This was pretty sweet man, still has that feel that you use to bring to your older videos. So enjoyable. Please continue to pump out content!
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!
Fuzon
Level 36
Subtract from Fuzon's ReputationAdd to Fuzon's Reputation Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Fuzon
09-19-2014

I love your videos, they always put a big dumb grin on my face

^^

Chubbymax
Level 24
Subtract from Chubbymax's ReputationAdd to Chubbymax's Reputation Chubbymax IS OVER 9000 Chubbymax IS OVER 9000 Chubbymax IS OVER 9000 Chubbymax IS OVER 9000 Chubbymax IS OVER 9000 Chubbymax IS OVER 9000 Chubbymax IS OVER 9000 Chubbymax IS OVER 9000 Chubbymax IS OVER 9000 Chubbymax IS OVER 9000 Chubbymax IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Chubbymax
09-22-2014

Very nice montage, I like how you still manage to show me things I've never seen before in this game.
RIP Elmo
BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
09-25-2014

Ok so here's what I actually thought about this video.

I'll start off with what I did not like about this entry. Although I enjoyed it, I definitely did not find this montage as entertaining as many of the previous projects you have released. As original and unique as the clips were, at times I felt like the clips lingered way too long. This montage could have served its purpose in 5 minutes, rather than 7. Furthermore, after watching the video a few times, I really didn't see the effort or motivation that was present in your previous projects. If you watch "Now That's What I Call Rape" or "The Experience", your 5th H3 montage doesn't really compare to them. Honestly this video felt liked a rushed attempt to just submit something in the contest.

Now here's what I really enjoyed about this montage. The first two song choices were great and complimented the footage nicely. The third song, not so much in my opinion, but that's probably just my personal music preference. The clips were stellar as always. I love watching a Salaya montage because I know that I'll not only be entertained, but I'll also learn a few things from the video. The simple editing fits your style perfectly, and is a breath of fresh air in a sea of eye-bleeding, over-edited Halo montages. Another thing that stood out to me is your angle work. Many editors throw in a shit ton of angles in the middle of a clip and all it does is distract the viewer from the gameplay. When you use an angle, it has a purpose everytime. That is something I can appreciate.

That's all I have to so today. Goodjob Salaya. I hope to see you on MCC.

Last edited by BxSouljah; 09-25-2014 at 09:37 PM.
StObrist
Level 28
Subtract from StObrist's ReputationAdd to StObrist's Reputation StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin'
09-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxSouljah View Post
I'll start off with what I did not like about this entry. Although I enjoyed it, I definitely did not find this montage as entertaining as many of the previous projects you have released. As original and unique as the clips were, at times I felt like the clips lingered way too long. This montage could have served its purpose in 5 minutes, rather than 7. Furthermore, after watching the video a few times, I really didn't see the effort or motivation that was present in your previous projects. If you watch "Now That's What I Call Rape" or "The Experience", your 5th H3 montage doesn't really compare to them. Honestly this video felt liked a rushed attempt to just submit something in the contest.
Thanks, I appreciate the write-up.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there though, my biggest realization while making this is that I no longer had the desire/motivation to make something great/epic. Whether or not I achieved that feat in the past the motivation was there to attempt it.

After not playing for like 8 months I started playing some this summer just to see if I could come up with something for the contest. In fact I remember earlier on you had said to me in a thread something along the lines of "I hope you make something big for this" and at the time I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to. Eventually I started getting some clips and decided that I would enter something. My relationship with Halo though at this point is that I can only play for so long before I just can't play anymore, and by the end of the summer I was basically burned out.

As far as it being something rushed just to submit something to the contest that's yes and no. Like I said earlier I attempted to edit it more make it longer clean it up etc. etc. but it was bad, I can't edit or enjoy editing so this result IMO is honestly better than my non "rushed" attempt. But you're right after a while I just said fuck it and literally added sample text and rendered it.

I was debating on whether or not to submit it though because even though that was my original motivation in making this video I wasn't completely happy with how it turned out and even though I don't care about or ever thought I would even be close to winning being put next to the great montage makers I didn't want to enter something I considered sub-par to my own standards. In the end though I liked these clips and knew that some people would enjoy them so I just did it anyway.

That's why I didn't do a real write-up in the OP, I preferred people just judged it for what it was instead of the post a vid and make an excuse strategy.

EDIT: In fact my biggest regret of all is that I couldn't make this be as epic as an intro as it was in my head lol

S a L a Y a

Last edited by StObrist; 09-25-2014 at 07:02 PM.
BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
09-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by StObrist View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the write-up.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there though, my biggest realization while making this is that I no longer had the desire/motivation to make something great/epic. Whether or not I achieved that feat in the past the motivation was there to attempt it.

After not playing for like 8 months I started playing some this summer just to see if I could come up with something for the contest. In fact I remember earlier on you had said to me in a thread something along the lines of "I hope you make something big for this" and at the time I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to. Eventually I started getting some clips and decided that I would enter something. My relationship with Halo though at this point is that I can only play for so long before I just can't play anymore, and by the end of the summer I was basically burned out.

As far as it being something rushed just to submit something to the contest that's yes and no. Like I said earlier I attempted to edit it more make it longer clean it up etc. etc. but it was bad, I can't edit or enjoy editing so this result IMO is honestly better than my non "rushed" attempt. But you're right after a while I just said fuck it and literally added sample text and rendered it.

I was debating on whether or not to submit it though because even though that was my original motivation in making this video I wasn't completely happy with how it turned out and even though I don't care about or ever thought I would even be close to winning being put next to the great montage makers I didn't want to enter something I considered sub-par to my own standards. In the end though I liked these clips and knew that some people would enjoy them so I just did it anyway.

That's why I didn't do a real write-up in the OP, I preferred people just judged it for what it was instead of the post a vid and make an excuse strategy.

EDIT: In fact my biggest regret of all is that I couldn't make this be as epic as an intro as it was in my head lol

Understandable man. I'm still glad we got to see an entry from you.

Edit: I might steal that Eminem verse for an intro.
JoshNgton
THF VIP Member
Subtract from JoshNgton's ReputationAdd to JoshNgton's Reputation JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to JoshNgton
XanderElite
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from XanderElite's ReputationAdd to XanderElite's Reputation XanderElite is a novice
10-07-2014

I would feel intimidated to be in the same lobby as you...

Great montage and content! Was very entertaining and went very well with the music.
Tarzan
insignificance
Subtract from Tarzan's ReputationAdd to Tarzan's Reputation Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000
10-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxSouljah View Post
Edit: I might steal that Eminem verse for an intro.
im using it, but not for an intro. just in-tage. but if it gets used before i 'start' (not far yet lol) i'll switch to something else

Trevx64
Level 11
Subtract from Trevx64's ReputationAdd to Trevx64's Reputation Trevx64 finally popped his Bubble Shield Trevx64 finally popped his Bubble Shield Trevx64 finally popped his Bubble Shield Trevx64 finally popped his Bubble Shield
10-25-2014

Sick video man, I play similarly to you in a way, screwing with people trying to get funny embarrassing clips, the music choice worked very well with the tage as well!
Check me out on YouTube!