Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2014

Display Modes Thread Tools
Fuster
Level 14
Subtract from Fuster's ReputationAdd to Fuster's Reputation Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided
07-21-2014

Thanks man! I'm not really that great a halo player, I can put up some decent scores but really good clips like the boardwalk exterm are rare for me, and unfortunately I really missed out on h2 xbox in its prime. I took a gamble and really tried to play to my strengths here despite the shortcomings and I'm glad you think it paid off. I've been playing since around 2008 and have been trying to get clips for this since 2011 and I'm happy this tage reflects that experience.

That said, editing my own clips (even though they're shitty) is honestly more enjoyable than editing someone else's really awesome clips because I feel creatively free as opposed to worrying if the person I'm editing for will like the music or my editing style.

Last edited by Fuster; 07-21-2014 at 08:32 AM.
B
Level 50
Subtract from B's ReputationAdd to B's Reputation B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000
07-21-2014

The skill level in this makes no difference to me. You made a video that everyone is enjoying -- one that most importantly satisfied your end goal. I absolutely loved the instrumental that you used. I don't get to say that too often either.

I do hope you stick around, Mike&mike. I've been enjoying your work and would love to see more content (specifically involving Halo 1) from you. I know you said you don't plan on releasing your own footage in a video anymore. Don't close that door, though. Look what you've done here.

View in Chrome for 60FPS

R I P

E L E
Fuster
Level 14
Subtract from Fuster's ReputationAdd to Fuster's Reputation Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided
07-21-2014

Ah, I've only said I don't plan on releasing a full length montage anymore. I'm not closing the door to minitages, highlights, and short edits with my own footage though, especially with MCC and H5 around the corner. This isn't my last halo video by a longshot.

Thanks for the support though!
sk0ls
Level 42
Subtract from sk0ls's ReputationAdd to sk0ls's Reputation sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000
07-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&mike View Post
Thanks man! I'm not really that great a halo player, I can put up some decent scores but really good clips like the boardwalk exterm are rare for me, and unfortunately I really missed out on h2 xbox in its prime. I took a gamble and really tried to play to my strengths here despite the shortcomings and I'm glad you think it paid off. I've been playing since around 2008 and have been trying to get clips for this since 2011 and I'm happy this tage reflects that experience.

That said, editing my own clips (even though they're shitty) is honestly more enjoyable than editing someone else's really awesome clips because I feel creatively free as opposed to worrying if the person I'm editing for will like the music or my editing style.

I feel you on this one. Despite my many years of playing i've really only started to hit clips that i objectively feel are head turners this year.

second bold is like fucking poetry, i wish more people edited their own shit, no matter the level of editing experience.
LOST IN TIME

xSunShiine
Level 25
Subtract from xSunShiine's ReputationAdd to xSunShiine's Reputation xSunShiine is on the rise to fame xSunShiine is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to xSunShiine Send a message via Skype™ to xSunShiine
07-21-2014

i love that shit, songs went hard and the h1/2 pc made it fucking cool.

definitely a nice watch 10/10 would bang
PLaTaNo
F%* friends.
Subtract from PLaTaNo's ReputationAdd to PLaTaNo's Reputation PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to PLaTaNo
07-22-2014

Music please.

I enjoyed this montage due to the music selections and laid back feel to it. Intro was sick.
"I kick it with the plug nigga."

Fuster
Level 14
07-22-2014

Music is in the original thread and in the beginning of the credits.
B
Level 50
Subtract from B's ReputationAdd to B's Reputation B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000
07-23-2014

I'm currently responsible for 9 of the views this video has.

View in Chrome for 60FPS

R I P

E L E
Fuster
Level 14
07-23-2014

Updated the download link so you can now (hopefully) download this without captchas. Let me know if you have any problems.
BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
08-18-2014

I can't believe it's taken me this long to post a review about this montage, but holy shit Fuster, this is the best Halo video I've seen in a long time. I was entertained from start to finish and I love how personal and unique you made this montage. I really hope this isn't your last project because I was honestly blown away when I saw this. I used Earl Sweatshirt in my second montage, but I feel that you did him more justice with this video.

My only complaint with this montage is that I did not understand why certain clips were in there, like some of the CE single kills for example. The gameplay overall was none too impressive, but it doesn't matter because the video not only kept my attention, but was only very entertaining throughout its length. I liked how the editing had purpose and truly served to mold the feel and vibe of the montage. That transition at 2:00 made my jaw drop.

This is what montages have been lacking for years, some damn individuality. From now on, when I think of Fuster, I will remember this video. Your montage stood out in a good way, not too many, eye-numbing effects, no bullshit transitions, and everything synced and flowed perfectly. The intro was tight and so was the song selection. This is a video that I will keep on my hard drive; so props to you Fuster because that hasn't happened in years. Easily the best entry into the contest so far.

10/10 Hope you place in the money

Last edited by BxSouljah; 08-18-2014 at 01:17 PM.