Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2014

Display Modes Thread Tools
Faint
Level 43
Subtract from Faint's ReputationAdd to Faint's Reputation Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Faint Send a message via MSN to Faint
05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
if you mean play together when h2a comes out, then yes, jewbacca, I am INNNNNNNNNNNNN
I'll jump on that as well.

I might start playing some Halo again to actually submit something into this.
Titanium
an attractive implication
Subtract from Titanium's ReputationAdd to Titanium's Reputation Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Titanium
05-12-2014

LET'S PLAY THEN FAINT. let's get you that map pack so we can play, I need to start playing again and I love those 1v1's with you

AIM: Eh titanium

Titanium
an attractive implication
Subtract from Titanium's ReputationAdd to Titanium's Reputation Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Titanium
05-12-2014

also, I feel that after being here 6 years, and making countless videos for every halo game, I could be a judge if needed. you can ask me whatever you want, interview me, do whatever you do to choose who the judges are, but just know I am okay with it

just know that

just know

AIM: Eh titanium

BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
they have all moved on

besides, imo, they had their time, let's let todays community make this competition a competition
Yeah I think I have to agree with you. I'm just really hyped for this contest and I hope there are a lot of good entries.

Last edited by BxSouljah; 05-12-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Tacos.
Level 13
Subtract from Tacos.'s ReputationAdd to Tacos.'s Reputation Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Tacos. Send a message via Skype™ to Tacos.
05-12-2014

definitely looks promising. it's great to see a more laid-back approach being taken towards the regulations as opposed to previous comps. not sure why people are pushing for a sooner deadline or entry fees tho.

will hopefully get my shit together and release an m1

BAKSMAK
Level 17
Subtract from BAKSMAK's ReputationAdd to BAKSMAK's Reputation BAKSMAK taps Cortana BAKSMAK taps Cortana BAKSMAK taps Cortana BAKSMAK taps Cortana BAKSMAK taps Cortana
05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klima View Post
The deadline will not get brought forward. Everyone who has edited a video knows this stuff takes up a lot time. Some people edit fast, some edit slow for different reasons and we chose to take the latter into consideration when presenting the deadline.

We want everyone to have a fair go at this so we're giving a solid time frame. I hope everyone understands.
I'm sorry but I still believe December to be a ridiculous deadline. For one, being in the middle of the holiday season is a bad time to have a deadline for something like this since people will be dealing with school/finals, and all of their family stuff outside of this competition around that time. For two, regardless of how quickly you edit, if the deadline was moved up to say, the end of October, there's no way someone wouldn't have enough time to finish their video, especially since it's summer time now. I can't think of any video that someone actually spent over 6 months editing consistently. The only time that is the case is if someone is just super lazy and disinterested in their video to begin with. For 3, as someone else pointed out, when you have a deadline that far away, people are going to lose interest and videos released in two months will have far less of a chance than videos made in 6 months because the first videos to come out will be gradually forgotten about as more and more videos come out.

I really wish you guys would reconsider your position. I mean seriously, if someone can't put together the kind of video they want to enter between now, and say October 31st, 5 1/2 months from now, their entry really isn't necessary. I mean heck, maybe even have a poll. October 31st vs December 31st. See what the response is. It couldn't hurt.

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for consistent and enjoyable Halo content! :)
( http://http://www.youtube.com/user/IBAKSMAK )

Tacos.
Level 13
Subtract from Tacos.'s ReputationAdd to Tacos.'s Reputation Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000 Tacos. IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Tacos. Send a message via Skype™ to Tacos.
05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKSMAK View Post
Just curious, why is the deadline so late? I mean December 31st in an absurdly long time from now.
it really isn't.

Quote:
For one, being in the middle of the holiday season is a bad time to have a deadline for something like this since people will be dealing with school/finals, and all of their family stuff outside of this competition around that time.
said people can release their videos earlier, if the extra few months is beneficiary to the development of the next m2 than it is well worth the wait.

Quote:
For two, regardless of how quickly you edit, if the deadline was moved up to say, the end of October, there's no way someone wouldn't have enough time to finish their video, especially since it's summer time now.
speak for yourself, bud. i'm sure plenty of people, myself included, rarely have the time to play the game to begin with, nonetheless play consistently enough to get high-quality gp (which you seemingly forgot people still hope to do) or improve editing skills they may be lack thereof.

Quote:
I can't think of any video that someone actually spent over 6 months editing consistently. The only time that is the case is if someone is just super lazy and disinterested in their video to begin with.
that's pretty ignorant. depending on what you define as "consistently", people have worked on videos for well over a year on numerous occasions. everyone has varying degrees of work-pace/availability and it's good to see klima acknowledging that.

Quote:
For 3, as someone else pointed out, when you have a deadline that far away, people are going to lose interest
people have been saying that "we're going to lose interest eventually" shit for years and for the most part it's yet to happen. this thread is proof of that, not that two months would make even the slightest difference to begin with.

Quote:
videos released in two months will have far less of a chance than videos made in 6 months because the first videos to come out will be gradually forgotten about as more and more videos come out.
videos that are worthwhile will stand the test of time regardless. otherwise just release your video closer to the deadline, nbd.

Quote:
I mean seriously, if someone can't put together the kind of video they want to enter between now, and say October 31st, 5 1/2 months from now, their entry really isn't necessary.
Spoiler!

it sounds as if you're trying to cut back on competition.

Spence
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Spence's ReputationAdd to Spence's Reputation Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Spence
05-12-2014

yeah, I think the december deadline is better. Mainly for the reasons tacos just posted

Last edited by Spence; 05-12-2014 at 08:03 PM.
mk is rippin
Level 27
Subtract from mk is rippin's ReputationAdd to mk is rippin's Reputation mk is rippin IS OVER 9000 mk is rippin IS OVER 9000 mk is rippin IS OVER 9000 mk is rippin IS OVER 9000 mk is rippin IS OVER 9000 mk is rippin IS OVER 9000 mk is rippin IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mk is rippin Send a message via Skype™ to mk is rippin
05-12-2014

back off I like the late deadline, then I can make more than one entry
GT- little MK
BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
05-12-2014

Quote:
I'm sorry but I still believe December to be a ridiculous deadline. For one, being in the middle of the holiday season is a bad time to have a deadline for something like this since people will be dealing with school/finals, and all of their family stuff outside of this competition around that time. For two, regardless of how quickly you edit, if the deadline was moved up to say, the end of October, there's no way someone wouldn't have enough time to finish their video, especially since it's summer time now. I can't think of any video that someone actually spent over 6 months editing consistently. The only time that is the case is if someone is just super lazy and disinterested in their video to begin with. For 3, as someone else pointed out, when you have a deadline that far away, people are going to lose interest and videos released in two months will have far less of a chance than videos made in 6 months because the first videos to come out will be gradually forgotten about as more and more videos come out.

I really wish you guys would reconsider your position. I mean seriously, if someone can't put together the kind of video they want to enter between now, and say October 31st, 5 1/2 months from now, their entry really isn't necessary. I mean heck, maybe even have a poll. October 31st vs December 31st. See what the response is. It couldn't hurt.
I completely agree with BAKSMAK.