Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is your favorite?
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 65 27.78%
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 125 53.42%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 44 18.80%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Stagga
Level 48
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Stagga
09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansoupy View Post
Probably not actually. GY!BE, Explosions in the Sky, God Is and Astronaut, 65daysofstatic, Mogwai, Talk Talk, Tortoise. Those are the like the big ones, and the only ones I'm familiar with. and I'm not even familiar with the last three lol. I just really dig GY!BE.
So far I've listened to Young Team, The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place, F#A#8, Happy Songs for Happy People, part of Spiderland, part of Lift Your Skinny Fists, Laughing Stock, Are You There, and the first song off of Millions Now Living. Probably have listened to a lot more but those are the first that pop into my head.

Check out Ascension Day and Myrrhman off of Laughing Stock, I love the jazz aspect, kinda weird to think they are the same people who did It's my Life.

The thing about "generic" post-rock...... I enjoyed The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place, but it does sound "the same" after a while. Thanks for reminding me about 65daysofstatic, Standards, I'm gonna check them out now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
stagga stood with his palms in a sweat
wetter than eminems, i would bet
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
he'll be drowned in a pussy quartet
JShort
Level 28
Subtract from JShort's ReputationAdd to JShort's Reputation JShort is on the rise to fame JShort is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to JShort Send a message via MSN to JShort Send a message via Yahoo to JShort
09-02-2010

Well, Roadblock is getting at least $50 so he can pay me back for 1 year he stole from me

GT - Hi iM JShort

Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
That has absolutely nothing to do with the kids his clips are on. Cool, you go into social etc and get tryhards, me too. That doesn't make his clips instantly on tryhards, because they are far from it, they are absolutely horrible, and msot arent even near hitting him with their shots etc.
Wasn't talking about dutchy. You're saying you see people get jaros in social and low level overkills (low levels are nonexistent these days btw) everyday, which you don't, and that getting good clips in social is easy which it isn't. A good portion of Dutchy's clips were on straight tards, but he doesn't reflect all of social gameplay as a whole. Some of his clips like the tastrophe on valhalla were amazing because he was under pressure the entire time.

Good clips are good clips, the playlist and rank are insignificant. I realize now why people loved roadblocks gameplay as much as N/H.

I also think its funny how whenever someone quotes you you feel inclined to start off by saying "DUTCHY SUCKS" even if he wasn't the person being discussed.

edit 999 posts holy f..k

put the f**kin lotion in the basket

Last edited by Seraphic; 09-02-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XXL View Post
Yeah, it's best quality.
lol if you're saying what I think you're saying.
Andrew
I am the liquor
Subtract from Andrew's ReputationAdd to Andrew's Reputation Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000
09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSpartan View Post
lol if you're saying what I think you're saying.
I was joking >_>

Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
09-02-2010

Quote:
When the heck did i say "dutchy sucks"
We were talking about social gameplay and you randomly started talking about how the gameplay in M2 wasn't good because the clips were of BKz. Same thing before when we were talking about the use of form in FA and you felt oblidged to come in and say that the use of form in M2 was random and stupid (which it wasn't, if you payed attention you would have caught the subliminal message and connected it to the motif shown throughout the tage). I'm not sure why you keep saying "exus did a great job" and it was "the gameplay was the best of its kind" but never miss an opportunity to tell everyone who will listen how much you hate it. We get your point, you don't have to repeat it over and over.

Quote:
And, you can't tell me social tages as a whole, minus dutchy bla bla, don't have anything but clips on complete idiots etc, some are jsut straight host clips, though.
Idiocy is subjective, I usually look at whether or not a clip is under pressure of if the kids are just staring at the ground running in straight lines. Can you honestly watch roadblocks tage and tell me that most of those clips weren't under pressure? Sure they were low levels, but the people he was playing weren't stupid. The same goes for a lot of clips that have 'low level' MLG. You will never find someone who isn't a 50 at any level of MLG, and yet you think getting clips is easy? As far as social goes it varies a lot more, but look at P&F2 and Kampy's M4. Mostly social, and the people they were playing weren't as good as the people you'd find in MLG, but they were far from 'complete idiots' and a good number of the clips were under pressure and required a lot of skill.

Also there's no point in making a fuss over host, its not like they have any control over it.

Seraphic
Level 30
09-02-2010

Quote:
Not gonna bother reading all that, really
Right, because trolling H3F idiots is a much more productive use of your valuable time than listening to reason.

1000 b..ches. I'd like to thank my mom, my goat, Chuck and Bill at the studio for giving me the motivation to put up with sh.t like this ^ for this long.

Chao
Damn, I love mai waifu.
Subtract from Chao's ReputationAdd to Chao's Reputation Chao IS OVER 9000 Chao IS OVER 9000 Chao IS OVER 9000 Chao IS OVER 9000 Chao IS OVER 9000 Chao IS OVER 9000 Chao IS OVER 9000 Chao IS OVER 9000 Chao IS OVER 9000 Chao IS OVER 9000 Chao IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Chao Send a message via Skype™ to Chao
09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
words.

No, I actually read that and it was pretty deep. Even if this is a video competition for a video game.
xDu5tiN
Level 25
Subtract from xDu5tiN's ReputationAdd to xDu5tiN's Reputation xDu5tiN is a novice
09-02-2010

I say Exus takes $400 of that money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraynium View Post
The warthog hit snipe on Coag is simply rediculous.

--------------------------------

XBC: Du5tin

--------------------------------

Huck nades like babes.

Seraphic
Level 30
09-02-2010

Quote:
Making 15 year olds that have an average IQ of 70, rage, is f..king great man.
You've been reduced to dishing out insults and accusing me of raging when I'm not? Pathetic, I'm not the one whose acting like a kid.

If you believe that your way is right then prove it.