Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which videos deserve to advance?
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 141 59.24%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 96 40.34%
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 97 40.76%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 84 35.29%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 82 34.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Spence
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Spence's ReputationAdd to Spence's Reputation Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Spence
08-27-2010

m2 and contractus. both really awesome. roadblocks was really good too but i dont know i just cant watch it a lot. fa wasnt too good imo
Mattisson
Level 12
Subtract from Mattisson's ReputationAdd to Mattisson's Reputation Mattisson is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Mattisson
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXpiReD v2 View Post
it was edited in a week .

I duno just the overall feel was good. It doesnt need crazy effects and all this epic music to be a really enjoyable video.

Its sorta like comedy movies. Some are really funny so you watch them a lot. But then movies that are serious and stuff you dont watch as many times as the comedy because you get more enjoyment watching the comedy.

/imretarded

@standards, still need to give out 2nd and third place.. 2nd gets $150, third get $50
Ye, I can see that, clips and music.
You have the crazy gameplay, I guess that gameplay is 80% of any video.
GLOBAL II
----------------------
AIM: Mattissondesign FACEBOOK: John Mattisson
LIVE: IvIattisson
TWITTER: imMattisson

Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
08-27-2010

How epic would it be if this thread got locked?
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
Seems like a popularity contest here.

Anyways, seriouslly, why don't you guys go ahead and end it? M2 is winning by at least 40 votes every round, so seriously.

End it guys, this competition is jsut a waste of time/effort, we all knew dutchy was going to win, and he's landslid every round
Yeah, they could end it after this round ends on Monday. Dragging it on for 2 more weeks is ridiculous. What ever comes in 1st and 2nd at the end of this round is probably (and by probably, I mean 100% likely)gonna come in 1st and 2nd in the fifth round. And whatever comes in first this round, aka dutchy, is gonna win round 5.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvirahel View Post
I find it funny that everyone is knocking on Mattisson for saying what he thinks, all the while forgetting the whole "Not his first language" thing. Face it, people tend to be more direct and sound more doucheish when they're not speaking their first language.

On the other hand, I agree that the editing is too simple with the other two montages. He put a hell of a lot of effort into his montage, whereas to be honest those other two feel like the editor didn't do much at all. This is a Halo 3 MOVIE competition, not a gameplay competition. I think that got forgotten somewhere along the way.

After reading all the threads along the way, I'd say that the majority of fanboys in this competition are anti-Fray ones. Omg, they're not pro, they're Australian, blah blah blah.
uh waht.. That tage is te only one in the top 5 that featured people that have even been to an mlg event.. so..
ye i will admit when i first watched frenetic array i thought theg ameplay sucked because every clip was on an Aussie host. When I play MLG i get matched with australians and they pull host EVERYGAME. But then i rewatched and it was actually really sick, minus the aussie host.

also yeah its a movie contest.. not an editing contest. Most enjoyable video will win.

@mattison, yeah gameplay is important, its a video game montage.
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
08-27-2010

Quote:
uh waht.. That tage is te only one in the top 5 that featured people that have even been to an mlg event.. so..

also yeah its a movie contest.. not an editing contest. Most enjoyable video should win.

Fixed .
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOVERKiLLx117x View Post
Fixed .
pretty much the same thing.. dutchy was pretty enjoyable, although i enjoyed roadblocks a bit more.
Mattisson
Level 12
Subtract from Mattisson's ReputationAdd to Mattisson's Reputation Mattisson is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Mattisson
08-27-2010

Quote:
ye i will admit when i first watched frenetic array i thought theg ameplay sucked because every clip was on an Aussie host. When I play MLG i get matched with australians and they pull host EVERYGAME. But then i rewatched and it was actually really sick, minus the aussie host.

also yeah its a movie contest.. not an editing contest. Most enjoyable video will win.

Fray got top 17 on their first MLG event.
50% of their clips are on custom games or on LAN.
Some are off host, I fixed some of the clips so it wouldnt lagg.
GLOBAL II
----------------------
AIM: Mattissondesign FACEBOOK: John Mattisson
LIVE: IvIattisson
TWITTER: imMattisson

Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
08-27-2010

put the f**kin lotion in the basket
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
\.

End it guys, this competition is jsut a waste of time/effort, we all knew dutchy was going to win, and he's landslid every round
Not going to happen. 1st place isn't the only prize.