Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which videos deserve to advance?
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 141 59.24%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 96 40.34%
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 97 40.76%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 84 35.29%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 82 34.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Mattisson
Level 12
Subtract from Mattisson's ReputationAdd to Mattisson's Reputation Mattisson is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Mattisson
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXpiReD v2 View Post
nah, i duno. The clips in that tage just went so perfect with the simple editing and sync.

There is a reason why some tages with little editing get better reviews then videos with tons of editing.

Some people, like you, over do it.

To me, Zicknex was your best edited video.

@inxy if you are talking to me im not really downing his work.. he just came in here acting like an asshole so i figured id tell him why other videos are beating him. His video was good, but its not something that I would watch more than 3 times.
Cant say that Roadblock was good syncing,the gameplay was amazing.
On some parts the syncing aren't that good.
GLOBAL II
----------------------
AIM: Mattissondesign FACEBOOK: John Mattisson
LIVE: IvIattisson
TWITTER: imMattisson

TheMarioKarters
Level 29
Subtract from TheMarioKarters's ReputationAdd to TheMarioKarters's Reputation TheMarioKarters is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TheMarioKarters
08-27-2010

FA > Roadblock.

I fail to see how Fray doesn't have more votes.

I do graphic design. Requests? AIM: TheMarioKarters
Gamertag: TMK iZ SoCiAl
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
08-27-2010

I see this thread has taken a good direction. It is a nice break from the M2 Fanboy controversy though

Mattisson, Franetic Array was an amazing video, I don't think many people would disagree with that. Why don't you just be content with that? If you like your video, and are pleased with your work, what does it matter?

I've already made the mistake of criticizing other's videos, and I realized afterwards, "who am I to rip on someone else's work". I mean, there's absolutely nothing wrong with stating your opinion, and even I will defend my own work if I feel others are misinterpreting something I did. But to just come into this thread and degrade Roadblock's and my video is pretty arrogant.
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
Flares are supposed to add a sense of realism. Go outside and look that lens flares the sun casts. Tell me if it looks epic to you.
Don't make me debate you.

Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
How in gods f..king name is Roadblock in Top 3? Top 10, even?
It deserves to win. Trust me I know whats good since I do this every day.

put the f**kin lotion in the basket
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
08-27-2010

Seems like a popularity contest here.

Anyways, seriouslly, why don't you guys go ahead and end it? M2 is winning by at least 40 votes every round, so seriously.

End it guys, this competition is jsut a waste of time/effort, we all knew dutchy was going to win, and he's landslid every round
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
How in gods f..king name is Roadblock in Top 3? Top 10, even?
I think after this comp everyone needs to have a big discussion on the outcome of this competition.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattisson View Post
Cant say that Roadblock was good syncing,the gameplay was amazing.
On some parts the syncing aren't that good.
it was edited in a week .

I duno just the overall feel was good. It doesnt need crazy effects and all this epic music to be a really enjoyable video.

Its sorta like comedy movies. Some are really funny so you watch them a lot. But then movies that are serious and stuff you dont watch as many times as the comedy because you get more enjoyment watching the comedy.

/imretarded

@standards, still need to give out 2nd and third place.. 2nd gets $150, third get $50
Mattisson
Level 12
Subtract from Mattisson's ReputationAdd to Mattisson's Reputation Mattisson is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Mattisson
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
It deserves to win. Trust me I know whats good since I do this every day.
Yeah I can see that on your deviantart work ..
GLOBAL II
----------------------
AIM: Mattissondesign FACEBOOK: John Mattisson
LIVE: IvIattisson
TWITTER: imMattisson

Helvirahel
Level 12
Subtract from Helvirahel's ReputationAdd to Helvirahel's Reputation Helvirahel is a novice
08-27-2010

I find it funny that everyone is knocking on Mattisson for saying what he thinks, all the while forgetting the whole "Not his first language" thing. Face it, people tend to be more direct and sound more doucheish when they're not speaking their first language.

On the other hand, I agree that the editing is too simple with the other two montages. He put a hell of a lot of effort into his montage, whereas to be honest those other two feel like the editor didn't do much at all. This is a Halo 3 MOVIE competition, not a gameplay competition. I think that got forgotten somewhere along the way.

After reading all the threads along the way, I'd say that the majority of fanboys in this competition are anti-Fray ones. Omg, they're not pro, they're Australian, blah blah blah.