Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which videos deserve to advance?
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 141 59.24%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 96 40.34%
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 97 40.76%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 84 35.29%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 82 34.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Faint
Level 43
Subtract from Faint's ReputationAdd to Faint's Reputation Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Faint Send a message via MSN to Faint
08-27-2010

Oh boy....
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
08-27-2010

just because the visuals were pretty cool doesnt mean it was a good video.

There is a reason you arent winning. If it had emotion in it it would be winning the contest. But tehre wasnt.. iblame that on the music but yeah.

lrn2notbeanelitesteuropeanfag
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattisson View Post
Yes i can, its nothing special about it, just angles, clips and music.
The sync with the music is decent, zero creativity in both of the montages.
It's H3F man...

Lets all judge the top 5 TMV style, then we'll see who is bullshitting or not lol
Andrew
I am the liquor
Subtract from Andrew's ReputationAdd to Andrew's Reputation Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000
08-27-2010

Quote:
M2, Its the best montage.
Im happy with my intro and jugdes choice award.
The judges awards means more then the best picture for me.
Most friends just voting on each other, Im not interested of the money.
Why would the judges award mean more to you?
And no, this is not friends voting for each other. Roadblock is my nigga, but i didn't vote for him. We vote on the best videos.
And you say you aren't interested in the money? Well, you are either really interested in the money or just saying you won because after all you did come in here and b..ch on how you were shocked you weren't winning.

Edit - And for being some genius editor that is better then everyone your dumb ass really doesn't know how to edit a post.

Mattisson
Level 12
Subtract from Mattisson's ReputationAdd to Mattisson's Reputation Mattisson is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Mattisson
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXpiReD v2 View Post
just because the visuals were pretty cool doesnt mean it was a good video.

There is a reason you arent winning. If it had emotion in it it would be winning the contest. But tehre wasnt.. iblame that on the music but yeah.

lrn2notbeanelitesteuropeanfag
I didnt expect 2 win Personally I think that I have more emotion then the Eminem Rihanna Montage ..
GLOBAL II
----------------------
AIM: Mattissondesign FACEBOOK: John Mattisson
LIVE: IvIattisson
TWITTER: imMattisson

Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
08-27-2010

Quote:
I didnt expect 2 win Personally I think that I have more emotion then the Eminem Rihanna Montage ..
nah, i duno. The clips in that tage just went so perfect with the simple editing and sync.

There is a reason why some tages with little editing get better reviews then videos with tons of editing.

Some people, like you, over do it.

To me, Zicknex was your best edited video.

@inxy if you are talking to me im not really downing his work.. he just came in here acting like an asshole so i figured id tell him why other videos are beating him. His video was good, but its not something that I would watch more than 3 times.
Mattisson
Level 12
Subtract from Mattisson's ReputationAdd to Mattisson's Reputation Mattisson is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Mattisson
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XXL View Post
Why would the judges award mean more to you?
And no, this is not friends voting for each other. Roadblock is my nigga, but i didn't vote for him. We vote on the best videos.
And you say you aren't interested in the money? Well, you are either really interested in the money or just saying you won because after all you did come in here and b..ch on how you were shocked you weren't winning.

Edit - And for being some genius editor that is better then everyone your dumb ass really doesn't know how to edit a post.
Still, I dont have the best video here, So I dont except 2 win :P
I said most, not you. Most editors vote on thiers own montage.
GLOBAL II
----------------------
AIM: Mattissondesign FACEBOOK: John Mattisson
LIVE: IvIattisson
TWITTER: imMattisson

SpaZZ
Level 26
Subtract from SpaZZ's ReputationAdd to SpaZZ's Reputation SpaZZ is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SpaZZ
08-27-2010

Quote:
Holy sh.t you're a fanboy
I can say that im not douche, just know whats good or bad, Dutchy montage is just amazing. It's the best, I work with this every day, so i know what im talking about ...
You fkn kidding me? How are you gonna tell anyone what's good. Editing is nothing but subjective. There is no set way to do anything and I am appauled that you would try to tell us that you know best because you "work on this kind of stuff daily". I take an editing class and we edit everyday, I know whats best for videos because I edit everyday. Right, right?
You speaking as if you're some top editor from Europe is shocking and you need to hop off the ego train. Let's face it your montage,in others and my own opinion, was complete shit and there was nothing original in there. Please stop talking like you know everything about editing because you must think you're on some sort of pedestal because OH MY GUH GUIZ FASTEST TO 100k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
My polo game isn't even fair.
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
08-27-2010

How is roadblock outdoing FA?

Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaZZ View Post
You fkn kidding me? How are you gonna tell anyone what's good. Editing is nothing but subjective. There is no set way to do anything and I am appauled that you would try to tell us that you know best because you "work on this kind of stuff daily". I take an editing class and we edit everyday, I know whats best for videos because I edit everyday. Right, right?
You speaking as if you're some top editor from Europe is shocking and you need to hop off the ego train. Let's face it your montage,in others and my own opinion, was complete sh.t and there was nothing original in there. Please stop talking like you know everything about editing because you must think you're on some sort of pedestal because OH MY GUH GUIZ FASTEST TO 100k.
Your just mad cause mattison made it to 100k before you, d00d

put the f**kin lotion in the basket