Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which videos deserve to advance?
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 141 59.24%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 96 40.34%
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 97 40.76%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 84 35.29%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 82 34.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Mattisson
Level 12
Subtract from Mattisson's ReputationAdd to Mattisson's Reputation Mattisson is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Mattisson
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSpartan View Post
And I'm sure you could edit either, nobody would debate that. Creativity on the other hand, that's a lot more subjective.

I had a longer response typed up, but I decided it's best if I just leave it alone at this point and time. (I would suggest you do the same)

Good luck.

Outside this comp, I have the best rating of any Halo on Movie vault by user rating and the fastest halo montage 3 too reach 100 000 views.
GLOBAL II
----------------------
AIM: Mattissondesign FACEBOOK: John Mattisson
LIVE: IvIattisson
TWITTER: imMattisson

Andrew
I am the liquor
Subtract from Andrew's ReputationAdd to Andrew's Reputation Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattisson View Post
Outside this comp, I have the best rating of any Halo on Movie vault by user rating and the fastest halo montage 3 too reach 100 000 views.
Holy shit you're a douche.
I'm so glad you're not going to get any money from this category.

Mattisson
Level 12
Subtract from Mattisson's ReputationAdd to Mattisson's Reputation Mattisson is a novice
08-27-2010

Holy sh.t you're a fanboy
I can say that im not douche, just know whats good or bad, Dutchy montage is just amazing. It's the best, I work with this every day, so i know what im talking about ...
GLOBAL II
----------------------

Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
08-27-2010

Quote:
You show a picture from the intro and you say that is the only thing that was special .. And I stuck with the same CC the whole montage though.
I work with CC everyday, Its my job. So I know what looks good and bad.
I stuck with my music and the theme though the whole montage, epic and destruction.
So random flares coming from no where pass as 'good' these days? Ah well, since it is your JOB to know. btw

mhm bro. Way to stick with the same type of CC.

bad 3D + inconsistent theme + Effects ripped from tutorials + reverse shatter on every clip + lacluster flow + random uses of form + random flares =/= good montage, no matter what the 'experts' at TMV say. As amazing as you think you are, you really don't compare to most of the good editors on this forum. The sooner you learn that the better off you'll be.

put the f**kin lotion in the basket
Andrew
I am the liquor
Subtract from Andrew's ReputationAdd to Andrew's Reputation Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000
08-27-2010

Quote:
Holy sh.t you're a fanboy
I can say that im not douche, just know whats good or bad, Dutchy montage is just amazing. It's the best, I work with this every day, so i know what im talking about ...
Fanboy?
And when did i ever mention M2?
Contractus is my favorite in this comp, not M2.
It just pisses me off when you come in here complaining on why you are not winning and then you go off saying how you get your dick sucked at TMV while being the fastest to 100k views and shit. Be happy that you won the judges choice award.

Mattisson
Level 12
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
So random flares coming from no where pass as 'good' these days? Ah well, since it is your JOB to know. btw

mhm bro. Way to stick with the same type of CC.

bad 3D + inconsistent theme + Effects ripped from tutorials + reverse shatter on every clip + lacluster flow + random uses of form + random flares =/= good montage, no matter what the 'experts' at TMV say. As amazing as you think you are, you really don't compare to most of the good editors on this forum. The sooner you learn that the better off you'll be.
You are pretty funny Flares create more epic scenes, 2 match my theme.
So you know, I didnt follow any tutorials. Im not pretty good at 3D my strong side is Photoshop
GLOBAL II
----------------------

Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
08-27-2010

lmfao wow mattison is an asshole.

You clearly didnt stick with the theme when you had angles of maps blown up and then the POV wasnt.

and like seraphic said, your video had no emotion. In roadblock and more in Contractus clips were edited perfectly to bring out the emotion from the songs.

also why would you brag about getting views on youtube? its a bunch of 12 year olds who think shit with tons of colours and stuff is really good.
Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
08-27-2010

Quote:
You are pretty funny Flares create more epic scenes, 2 match my theme.
Flares are supposed to add a sense of realism. Go outside and look that lens flares the sun casts. Tell me if it looks epic to you.

put the f**kin lotion in the basket
Mattisson
Level 12
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XXL View Post
Fanboy?
And when did i ever mention M2?
Contractus is my favorite in this comp, not M2.
It just pisses me off when you come in here complaining on why you are not winning and then you go off saying how you get your d.ck sucked at TMV while being the fastest to 100k views and sh.t. Be happy that you won the judges choice award.
M2, Its the best montage.
Im happy with my intro and jugdes choice award.
The judges awards means more then the best picture for me.
Most friends just voting on each other, Im not interested of the money.
GLOBAL II
----------------------

Mattisson
Level 12
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
Flares are supposed to add a sense of realism. Go outside and look that lens flares the sun casts. Tell me if it looks epic to you.
Depends of what movie you creating.
Video games is nothing about realsim, not Halo ..
GLOBAL II
----------------------