Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which videos deserve to advance?
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 81 37.33%
".exe" - Edited by pTw 75 34.56%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 76 35.02%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 55 25.35%
"Phurion & Fluxy 2" - Edited by Phurion 56 25.81%
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 127 58.53%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 89 41.01%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 78 35.94%
"3" - Chig, Ace & Ghoster 60 27.65%
"Rewind 3" - Directed by Void 61 28.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Archonize
Level 29
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSpartan View Post
I'm not going to go into a long debate with anyone on this, but......

I think everyone is putting WAY too much thought into why M2 is winning, and whether or not fan boys are skewing the voting results, etc. Honestly, you need to realize that there are about 200 or so voters in every round. Of those 200 or so voters, a very good majority are members who have been around this site long enough, have been involved, or have contributed enough to recognized a good halo montage when they see it. Honestly, I just can't see there being more than a handful of voters voting for Dutchy simply for the fact that he's Dutchy. And that obviously isn't going to push M2 ahead of the rest of the videos by the margin it currently is.

And one last thought, even if the fanboys are "skewing" the results, too bad. They are members with 50+ post that are entitled to their opinion, so stop crying. Don't like it? Don't participate in this competition.

How I feel too.

EDIT: That's just how I roll playa'.

Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
08-23-2010

.exe or Black box.. which will get the 5th spot

i think both of these are better then frenetic but oh well.
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonize View Post
You and Exus both created one of the best Halo 3 montages of all time. People always hate on the better videos, because they are better. It's like veterans in a war with rookie recruits; they don't think you deserve the credit as a war hero because you have experience over them. Not to say the other competitors are unexperienced, or whatever...

Anyways, Dutchy, you like M2, Exus likes M2, anyone with a sane mind likes M2, whats done is done :P
I don't hate M2 because it is better, i dislike it somewhat because I expected some crazy original sick editing from exus because Dennis was being so fucking stuck up for 17000 years before the release, then he released that extremely generic video. Sure, the editing is good, he masked some shit to perfection, and did some neat effects, and then soem really generic ones. But it's only difference from the average social tage thats released every day, is it's doen a little bit better. I mean come on, generic rock, overused effects (He even took an effect from Alive, my favorite CSS movie) and your run-of-the-mill social gameplay. Sure, you might have enjoyed it, to each their own, but I don't think something that has been done (generic tage hurr) 500 times should win a competition, I would much rather see something that's new, original, and still good, win.

That's why I vote for things other than M2.
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
08-23-2010

Exus did that Alive effect before even knowing of Alive. So wait .. you don't like generic, but you do like Fray? lolol. Also, idk why you even brought that post up, it has completely nothing to do with what we've been talking about. You just repeated what you've said in 19 other threads? Also people should stop thinking that if the music is generic for them, the concept of the video it's editing is automatically generic aswell. Exus his editig wasn't generic, except for some of the screenshakes and 1 graph at the end of the 1st song (wich was still done much better that most ones.)
join the revolution.

Spoiler!
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDuTchY View Post
Exus did that Alive effect before even knowing of Alive. So wait .. you don't like generic, but you do like Fray? lolol. Also, idk why you even brought that post up, it has completely nothing to do with what we've been talking about. You just repeated what you've said in 19 other threads?
No, I hate fray. The editign was superb, just like in M2, but i dont like the video overall.
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
No, I hate fray. The editign was superb, just like in M2, but i dont like the video overall.
It's fa. or possibly frar is acceptable
Standards
Level 47
08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOVERKiLLx117x View Post
It's fa. or possibly frar is acceptable
You know what i mean homo
Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
08-23-2010

Quote:
But it's only difference from the average social tage thats released every day, is it's doen a little bit better.
What are you talking about? M2 is the only social tage (if you can call it that, the majority of the clips were MLG) that has editing thats even close to that caliper. Everything else is like apex or G2G or fun things that focus mainly on GP.

Quote:
Sure, you might have enjoyed it, to each their own, but I don't think something that has been done (generic tage hurr) 500 times should win a competition, I would much rather see something that's new, original, and still good, win.
You're taking the minority of the tage and waving off the entire video as generic. We've had this discussion. 70-80% of the effects were original and served a purpose, the sync and flow were golden, the intro was original and powerful, blah blah blah to much to get into. It was a good vid that didn't completely break the norm but pushed it to new heights, which is something I haven't seen since the str8 tage, which also was overedited. You have a different opinion and thats fine, but we're just talking about how fanboyism is influencing the voting, which is laughable if you think about it.

put the f**kin lotion in the basket
Rhis
Gucci Bacchae
Subtract from Rhis's ReputationAdd to Rhis's Reputation Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000
08-23-2010

Dutchy's montage is the best. If you don't accept that, you're ignorant.

Regards,
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
08-23-2010

Dutchy's intro and the countdown was amazing, but after that I enjoyed it but not as much as Contractus. The intro brought out emotion but the body didnt. Contractus' body did. Nv1ncible edited the climaxes in the second song so well.