Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which videos deserve to advance?
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 81 37.33%
".exe" - Edited by pTw 75 34.56%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 76 35.02%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 55 25.35%
"Phurion & Fluxy 2" - Edited by Phurion 56 25.81%
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 127 58.53%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 89 41.01%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 78 35.94%
"3" - Chig, Ace & Ghoster 60 27.65%
"Rewind 3" - Directed by Void 61 28.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
killerxjake
Level 11
Subtract from killerxjake's ReputationAdd to killerxjake's Reputation killerxjake is a novice
08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Well. Dutchy won the comp. That sucks.
ya, what ^^ he said, fanboy

Also, ive noticed that you (at least in your posts) don't vote for your own video. I mean you pretty much have already won it seems, but im just wondering why you don't vote for your own vid???
I really loved M2, it just wasn't my favorite.
Looking for anyone to play some H2 on XBC with.
~ killerxjake
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
08-23-2010

Idk, it doesn't feel good somehow.

I'm pretty sure I'm done making videos after my M3. Seeing all these comments saying I don't ''deserve'' sh.t.

I brought out about 30 videos. and I also edited ALOT for others and myself. I put out countless hours of effort into playing/editing and alot of more stuff.

I helped people getting better at the game. I made myself one of the most reachable montage makers (like everyone could just add and play with me). Same goes for talking on AIM, even tho I can't respond to most lately because I have an avarage of 45 IM's open. I made a huge thread with gameplays in it and a how-to-play guide next to each gameplay.

I never charged a single cent for anything I did for others. I never charged for playing, editing, FR's, or whatever. I made a sh.tload of threads for peole, helped them with editing. Uploaded alot of montage for people. I even made people their acounts a 50 for nothing.

Why did I not ''deserve'' this? I'm saying ''I'' right now because 0 of you people b..ching about M2 have mentioned Exus so far. It's always Dutchy this, Dutchy that. You know what that means? Well, I hope you people are smart enough to know what that means. Makes you quite a fanboy yourself because appearently you somehwat look up to me aswell. Are you guys really forgetting how many hours of effort Exus put into this?

I understand M2's wasn't everyone's favorite, and I really don't mind at all. I wouldn't even have made this post if 1000 people were saying ''I did not like M2'' instead of ''M2 did not deserve to.. blablabla ''

It's just sad to know that if Exus would have brought out M2 under a different name for the player, and nobody knew it was me, people would still vote this much for it (and probably even more). It makes people have quite a biased opinion actually. Wich is quite immature.
join the revolution.

Spoiler!
Wanny
Top Tier Director
Subtract from Wanny's ReputationAdd to Wanny's Reputation Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Wanny
08-23-2010

Deep sh.t right there bois.
But seriously dutchy its not that they think your video wasn't good its the fact that they thinks other videos are better. You must admit you have a lot of fan boys riding you hard. The video was great no doubt but the race imo should be much closer instead of you and exus and taking it easily. You do deserve what you get at all costs you built a fan base for yourself and this is what you get.
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
08-23-2010

I feel you Dutchy. What hurts most is when you don't sell out and turn into a tool, but people still treat you like one.

This competition isn't about who deserves anything because everyone has different opinions on things. Especially now that all the entries are amazing in this top 10, to say none of these tages deserve 1st place is ridiculous; it's all about who wins it.

EDIT: Wanny, why should the race be closer? M2 was a great tage. Dutchy has a good following, but if he releases a shit vid, or has shit gameplay people call him out on it just like anyone else. Everyone in the top 10 has their following, no one "deserves" the votes they get, it's all about how the audience feels. Quit being a doucher bro.

Last edited by pTw; 08-23-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Godson
Level 11
Subtract from Godson's ReputationAdd to Godson's Reputation Godson is a novice
08-23-2010

Dont feel bad dutch, i put two years into my vid, and it didnt even get nominated

i believe the montages that have made it thus far are because each montage has something that transcends mediocrite. and quite frankly; people are just tired of seeing re-wash and re-used montages. the vast majority of editors forgot why we make montages in the first place.... to be entertained.

good luck to all the finalists.

Last edited by Godson; 08-23-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanNy View Post
But seriously dutchy its not that they think your video wasn't good its the fact that they thinks other videos are better. You must admit you have a lot of fan boys riding you hard. The video was great no doubt but the race imo should be much closer instead of you and exus and taking it easily
You completely misunderstood my post.

It's not about M2 being better/worse than all the other videos. It's about the whole ''to deserve'' thing. I didn't like Tizoxic that much, Wanny. But I don't think it doesn't deserve to get anywhere. It deserves to get somewhere just as much as M2 and all the other vids did.

Also, I have a nice challenge for you people with the fanboy theory. Find those kids for me If you're really lucky they'll only have 40 posts too short to vote at all.

It's kinda obvious I became some kind of favorite player to alot of people for the quantity and quality of video's I brought out. So somehow that could have been an influence to the voting, yes, but NOT without having M2 to have an increased entertainment factor for those people. And that's what this comp is about right now, right? the ''best'' video, and with that I don't mean a specific category. I don't think anyone would be like: OH Shi- M2 was awful, Oh well, it's Dutchy, I'll stille vote for him. I enjoy watching my favorite sportsplayer the most aswell, despite the fact there are better players than him. Get it?

And oh, we should also all hate on Michael Jackson, because after having to released over 9000 hits, he had 6 trillion fanboys. He doesn't deserve to win any kind of money for his effort he put into music.
join the revolution.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Dutchy; 08-23-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanNy View Post
But seriously dutchy its not that they think your video wasn't good its the fact that they thinks other videos are better. You must admit you have a lot of fan boys riding you hard. The video was great no doubt but the race imo should be much closer instead of you and exus and taking it easily. You do deserve what you get at all costs you built a fan base for yourself and this is what you get.
The pinnacle of H3F idiocy. I don't even think you read his post.

He GOT his fanbase by putting out amazing videos. If you can name a single person who's voted for dutchy and hasn't sincerely thought it was best overall I'd love to hear it. Please. If you can't this whole "theory" you guys have been complaining about is as moronic as it sounds.

Honestly in my mind, in terms of best overall FA Contractus and M2 are in a league all their own. Does that make me a fanboy? Of course not. Gameplay in R3, exe and blackbox sucked. I wouldn't exactly say the editing in 3, Roadblock, or P&F 2 were paticularly amazing either. Of course Dennis has a fanbase, he earned it. But I'd be willing to bet that almot all of his votes are from people who seriously thought he had the best vid. Prove me wrong.

put the f**kin lotion in the basket
Archonize
Level 29
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDuTchY View Post
You completely misunderstood my post.

It's not about M2 being better/worse than all the other videos. It's about the whole ''to deserve'' thing. I didn't like Tizoxic that much, Wanny. But I don't think it doesn't deserve to get anywhere. It deserves to get somewhere just as much as M2 and all the other vids did.

Also, I have a nice challenge for you people with the fanboy theory. Find those kids for me If you're really lucky they'll only have 40 posts too short to vote at all.

It's kinda obvious I became some kind of favorite player to alot of people for the quantity and quality of video's I brought out. So somehow that could have been an influence to the voting, yes, but NOT without having M2 to have an increased entertainment factor for those people. And that's what this comp is about right now, right? the ''best'' video, and with that I don't mean a specific category. I don't think anyone would be like: OH Shi- M2 was awful, Oh well, it's Dutchy, I'll stille vote for him. I enjoy watching my favorite sportsplayer the most aswell, despite the fact there are better players than him. Get it?

And oh, we should also all hate on Michael Jackson, because after having to released over 9000 hits, he had 6 trillion fanboys. He doesn't deserve to win any kind of money for his effort he put into music.
You and Exus both created one of the best Halo 3 montages of all time. People always hate on the better videos, because they are better. It's like veterans in a war with rookie recruits; they don't think you deserve the credit as a war hero because you have experience over them. Not to say the other competitors are unexperienced, or whatever...

Anyways, Dutchy, you like M2, Exus likes M2, anyone with a sane mind likes M2, whats done is done :P

Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
08-23-2010

I'm not going to go into a long debate with anyone on this, but......

I think everyone is putting WAY too much thought into why M2 is winning, and whether or not fan boys are skewing the voting results, etc. Honestly, you need to realize that there are about 200 or so voters in every round. Of those 200 or so voters, a very good majority are members who have been around this site long enough, have been involved, or have contributed enough to recognized a good halo montage when they see it. Honestly, I just can't see there being more than a handful of voters voting for Dutchy simply for the fact that he's Dutchy. And that obviously isn't going to push M2 ahead of the rest of the videos by the margin it currently is.

And one last thought, even if the fanboys are "skewing" the results, too bad. They are members with 50+ post that are entitled to their opinion, so stop crying. Don't like it? Don't participate in this competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
The pinnacle of H3F idiocy. I don't even think you read his post.

He GOT his fanbase by putting out amazing videos. If you can name a single person who's voted for dutchy and hasn't sincerely thought it was best overall I'd love to hear it. Please. If you can't this whole "theory" you guys have been complaining about is as moronic as it sounds.

Honestly in my mind, in terms of best overall FA Contractus and M2 are in a league all their own. Does that make me a fanboy? Of course not. Gameplay in R3, exe and blackbox sucked. I wouldn't exactly say the editing in 3, Roadblock, or P&F 2 were paticularly amazing either. Of course Dennis has a fanbase, he earned it. But I'd be willing to bet that almot all of his votes are from people who seriously thought he had the best vid. Prove me wrong.
You posted this while I was typing my reply, but this is 100% how I feel.

Last edited by Nv1ncible; 08-23-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Barak Drobama
Level 49
Subtract from Barak Drobama's ReputationAdd to Barak Drobama's Reputation Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000
08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonize View Post
You and Exus both created one of the best Halo 3 montages of all time. People always hate on the better videos, because they are better. It's like veterans in a war with rookie recruits; they don't think you deserve the credit as a war hero because you have experience over them. Not to say the other competitors are unexperienced, or whatever...

Anyways, Dutchy, you like M2, Exus likes M2, anyone with a sane mind likes M2, whats done is done :P
This guy knows what's up.