Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which videos deserve to advance?
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 81 37.33%
".exe" - Edited by pTw 75 34.56%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 76 35.02%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 55 25.35%
"Phurion & Fluxy 2" - Edited by Phurion 56 25.81%
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 127 58.53%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 89 41.01%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 78 35.94%
"3" - Chig, Ace & Ghoster 60 27.65%
"Rewind 3" - Directed by Void 61 28.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
KennethlongnecK
Goin' huge.
KennethlongnecK's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Inglaterra
Posts: 5,501
Subtract from KennethlongnecK's ReputationAdd to KennethlongnecK's Reputation KennethlongnecK is a novice
Send a message via AIM to KennethlongnecK Send a message via MSN to KennethlongnecK
#191
08-25-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radic View Post
I think at a certain point when you're receiving this much bullsh.t being thrown your way for no good reason other than winning something that it's tough to keep your mouth shut.
I disagree completely, if our video was winning this thing I would be doing nothing but sitting back and smiling, whilst laughing at the kids who care more than they should.

AIM: Kennethlongneck
Quantum in HD
Level 12
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 122
Subtract from Quantum in HD's ReputationAdd to Quantum in HD's Reputation Quantum in HD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Quantum in HD
#192
08-25-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XXL View Post
Fanboyism.
not ashamed to say i'd do phurion. fanboyism? nahhhh, loyalty.

Add: Fraaaaaaaank
if you're feelin to run some dubbbbssss
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
FraGTaLiTy's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Limbo
Posts: 7,716
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
#193
08-25-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTw View Post
People also wont mention how Roadblock's vid could be thrown together in a couple hours and beat out pro videos because of it's gameplay...
Gameplay is a very important part of a video, so that's not a bad thing. There's usually a video or 2 in every competition the revolves solely around amazing gameplay, and they always turn out incredibly entertaining. IWL 5, Eclectic, Apex, Roadblock.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Eamonn's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 13,678
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
#194
08-25-2010
Default

I wish Rush was eligible.

Next movie comp I think there should be a subcategory for most enjoyable or something. All these chills videos are my favourites but they don't get the spotlight. Well some do, but not all.

Is there plans for a Reach movie comp? In like Summer 2011?
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
xOVERKiLLx117x's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,236
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
#195
08-25-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXpiReD v2 View Post
I wish Rush was eligible.
I think Kblocker didn't enter rush, well, because he's a judge, but also because it wouldn't have been fair to the other competitors.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Eamonn's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 13,678
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
#196
08-25-2010
Default

no its not eligible because he is a judge. thats what i meant.

its top 3 alltime videos for me. Enjoyable videos are always better.
pTw
Level 28
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,313
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
#197
08-25-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
Gameplay is a very important part of a video, so that's not a bad thing. There's usually a video or 2 in every competition the revolves solely around amazing gameplay, and they always turn out incredibly entertaining. IWL 5, Eclectic, Apex, Roadblock.
Roadblock beat out pro videos like SQ, 3, Cloud, Tizoxic, Makowski, Robbie B, N&H...all of those videos main focus was the gameplay, except 3, which surprisingly is the only one of those vids in the top 10.
Lets be realistic too...everyone knows Apex wouldn't have been the video it was if it wasn't Kampy's last video and served as a nostalgic adventure/reminder of all the great things he's brought to this community...Imagine if it was Vidol's Apex...LOL
Archonize
Level 29
Archonize's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,563
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
#198
08-25-2010
Default

I honestly don't think 3 compares to the tages like M2 and Fray because nothing stuck out. I found myself bored when watching it for some reason...


Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
FraGTaLiTy's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Limbo
Posts: 7,716
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
#199
08-25-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTw View Post
Roadblock beat out pro videos like SQ, 3, Cloud, Tizoxic, Makowski, Robbie B, N&H...all of those videos main focus was the gameplay, except 3, which surprisingly is the only one of those vids in the top 10.
Lets be realistic too...everyone knows Apex wouldn't have been the video it was if it wasn't Kampy's last video and served as a nostalgic adventure/reminder of all the great things he's brought to this community...Imagine if it was Vidol's Apex...LOL
Yes, but to be honest, Roadblock's gameplay was more impressive IMO. And that's coming from a guy who, as you know, completely takes the opponents into consideration for how impressive the footage is. I think many others share that opinion.

I liked Apex, but it's not my cup of tea. However, I do recognize how popular the social video genre is, and Apex was the best damn social video to ever come out. I don't think it being Kampy's last video has much to do with how successful it was. If you watch social montages, regardless if you love em or hate em, after watching Apex you know it was a mile stone video within that very popular genre.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 08-25-2010 at 04:15 PM.
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
FraGTaLiTy's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Limbo
Posts: 7,716
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
#200
08-25-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXpiReD v2 View Post
Next movie comp I think there should be a subcategory for most enjoyable or something.
There already is, you're voting in it now.

And yes, there will be a Halo Reach competition. There will not be another Halo 3 competition.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off