Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010

Display Modes Thread Tools
Quantum in HD
Level 12
Subtract from Quantum in HD's ReputationAdd to Quantum in HD's Reputation Quantum in HD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Quantum in HD
08-12-2010

i liked the soundtrack. congrats you guys.

Add: Fraaaaaaaank
if you're feelin to run some dubbbbssss
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kottiz View Post
Maybe next time we'll get judges who does not only care about editing.
We don't only care about editing, we look at each video in its entirety. Gameplay, editing, and presentation.
Kottiz
Level 33
Subtract from Kottiz's ReputationAdd to Kottiz's Reputation Kottiz is a novice
08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
We don't only care about editing, we look at each video in its entirety. Gameplay, editing, and presentation.
Ok, maybe FA had everything but gameplay. 'Cuz seriously. The gameplay was not good. Clean up triples on their own teammates?

I understand it's hard to choose 1 out of 44 videos but still, there were videos who had all of that.

Quantum in HD
Level 12
Subtract from Quantum in HD's ReputationAdd to Quantum in HD's Reputation Quantum in HD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Quantum in HD
08-12-2010

Quote:
Maybe next time we'll get judges who does not only care about editing.
what an ill founded post. quite the accusations you're pullin out against some top editors, who can back their shit up.

Add: Fraaaaaaaank
if you're feelin to run some dubbbbssss
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-12-2010

Quote:
Ok, maybe FA had everything but gameplay. 'Cuz seriously. The gameplay was not good. Clean up triples on their own teammates?

I understand it's hard to choose 1 out of 44 videos but still, there were videos who had all of that.
Frenetic Array had very good gameplay. In fact, I found a few posts that wanted it nominated for Best Gameplay when we announced the nominations. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was in the top 7 of the competition, but IMO definitely in the top 10 when it comes to the gameplay.

You're using the weakest clip in the video to represent its entire gameplay. Even the Str8 Rippin montage had a clean up triple kill. Look at the other clips (IE, the majority). They're really really good. In my opinion, Frenetic Array overall is the best video in the competition. That's taking gameplay, editing, and presentation into consideration. That also happened to be the consensus of the judges.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 08-12-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
08-12-2010

Thanks Kblocker and Bjorn for the votes (Yes Kblocker, I appreciate it, really). I feel like overall, my video was a bit over looked, but I'm glad to see all the support it's getting here. I just went back and read through the comments in the Contractus thread, and I could only find a handful of neutral or negative comments.

Thanks alot guys, and congrats to Mattison, definitely a deserving winner.
ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
08-12-2010

^sorry but the video is not top 1 in my eyes. it was obviously very good and deserves to be near the top but imo it doesn't deserve to win best picture for judges. FA was too good.

Last edited by ManWithoutModem; 08-12-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Andrew
I am the liquor
Subtract from Andrew's ReputationAdd to Andrew's Reputation Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000
08-12-2010

Contractus is incredible.
The last song is perfection.

BrunkarN
Level 10
Subtract from BrunkarN's ReputationAdd to BrunkarN's Reputation BrunkarN is a novice
08-12-2010

ett stort grattis till mattinsson!
and for those who doesn't understand swedish
a big congrats to mattinsson!
Kottiz
Level 33
Subtract from Kottiz's ReputationAdd to Kottiz's Reputation Kottiz is a novice
08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithoutModem View Post
^sorry but the video isn't as good as you think it is
Yes it is.