Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video has the best editing?
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 22 10.28%
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 15 7.01%
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 79 36.92%
".exe" - Edited by pTw 42 19.63%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 46 21.50%
"Rewind 3" - Edited by Void 6 2.80%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 4 1.87%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDuTchY View Post
Not to mention it was edited ALL-in-AE
The amount of time it took to edit just about doubled. I don't know why editors do this to themselves.
ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
08-10-2010

hes swedish, so he doesn't know any better.
regulargonzales
Level 11
Subtract from regulargonzales's ReputationAdd to regulargonzales's Reputation regulargonzales is a novice
Send a message via MSN to regulargonzales
08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDuTchY View Post
Your opinion. Also, read the post above you. There's pretty much 2 types of people who are voting for this category right now. The ones that don't know much of editing, and just vote for whatever looked best in their eyes. And the people who do know alot about editing, and know how much effort, talent and creativity everything costed. Alot of the top editors on this site (including pTw above you) sure as hell know how much effort went in this tage. I am not saying that time consuming editing always have to be the best editing, but I personally thought that was the case for M2. I believe M2 has a total of 350 perfectly masked out frames. Not to mention it was edited ALL-in-AE, wich I thought almost no one can properly do, and there is alot more.

And you might be a bit right as far a popularity go .. but how did I lose the category that had to do something with me(gameplay), but won 1 (almost 2) category(s) that have to do something with Exus? I don't think it's making that much of a difference.
Hm ok, I take your point. For the amazing effort exus clearly put in he deserves a big shout. And please don't get me wrong, the first time I saw the video I was absolutely amazed. I think I may actually have said to myself this will win it (based on the overall quality of editing and gameplay and the fact it's clearly one of those 'big' projects which have taken so much time it's just ridiculous) but I'm just not sure any more. I think overall creativity and uniqueness of a project is actually worth more than time taken to edit (even if it does have some amazing elements which are very advanced and professional). That's my opinion anyway. Overall I'm sure any of these could win. I'd personally prefer to see either BlackBox or .exe win.
iOpTiMuS
Level 30
Subtract from iOpTiMuS's ReputationAdd to iOpTiMuS's Reputation iOpTiMuS is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iOpTiMuS
08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
The amount of time it took to edit just about doubled. I don't know why editors do this to themselves.
Yeah... Renzo used AAE alot in .exe... You cant pull off alot of the effects he used in .exe in vegas... so.....

Vegas is mainly used for syncing and simple effects/rendering. Why use AAE to sync? Seems kind of idiotic to me. Especially if you are on a PC. Not as much integration.
Click my signature below for my mini snowboard video

Last edited by iOpTiMuS; 08-10-2010 at 01:46 PM.
BrunkarN
Level 10
Subtract from BrunkarN's ReputationAdd to BrunkarN's Reputation BrunkarN is a novice
08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoS Br33zY View Post
Dutchys winning no surprise there. I'm hating the 50 post thing.
i'm with you one that one
Phosphate
Level 28
Subtract from Phosphate's ReputationAdd to Phosphate's Reputation Phosphate is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Phosphate
08-10-2010

Exus by a long shot.
XbL:
JGint2

Twitter:
@JGint2

YouTube:
@JGint2

PackieIX
Empathy Overload
Subtract from PackieIX's ReputationAdd to PackieIX's Reputation PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to PackieIX
08-10-2010

sexus just earned 50 bucks. Nice job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post

Edit: No penises. Not even clipart versions.
- Nv1

5hausty
Level 13
Subtract from 5hausty's ReputationAdd to 5hausty's Reputation 5hausty is a novice
Send a message via AIM to 5hausty
08-10-2010

DAMN Dutchy.

O.o
Truth be told...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewtage View Post
Yeah shausty ur finals gonna suck
Final Montage V.1 Edited by Player 2 Productions/ Headache

Final Montage V.2 Edited by Astiun Media/ ViDoL

ExuS
【=◈︿◈=】
Subtract from ExuS's ReputationAdd to ExuS's Reputation ExuS is on the rise to fame ExuS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ExuS
08-10-2010

M2 is currently winning because I did almost everything in AE

herp derp

Kottiz
Level 33
Subtract from Kottiz's ReputationAdd to Kottiz's Reputation Kottiz is a novice
08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackieIX View Post
sexus just earned 50 bucks. Nice job.
And he's gonna spend everything on hookers.