Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video entry has the best gameplay?
-"Contractus" - starring Kampy, Slinky, and Nv1ncible 15 6.30%
-"Dutchy Montage 2" - starring Dutchy 68 28.57%
-"Look Before You Leap 3" - starring the Jump Theory clan 9 3.78%
-Neighbor & Hysteria Dualtage - starring Neighbor and Hysteria 41 17.23%
-"Roadblock's Final Montage" - starring Roadblock 80 33.61%
-"Status Quo Team Montage" - starring Ace, Flamesword, and Totz 12 5.04%
-"Tizoxic's Halo 3 Montage" - starring Tizoxic 13 5.46%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Woodland King
Level 32
Subtract from Woodland King's ReputationAdd to Woodland King's Reputation Woodland King is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Woodland King Send a message via MSN to Woodland King
08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithoutModem View Post
low sensitivity:
pros: easier to aim the br/sniper
cons: harder to hit people when they are jumping when they are close to you. hard to turn around when getting hit from the side/back.

high sensitivity:
pros: can turn around and have a better chance of putting up a fight vs. someone shooting you from the side. easier to pull off crazy snipes that you wouldn't be able to turn fast enough to hit on a low sensitivity. when someone is br'ing and jumping up close it is possible to keep your shot on them.
cons: need to have more hand eye coordination to win mid-long range br fights. harder to keep your sniper steady.
I agree wholeheartedly. These are definitely the pros/cons.

I might add that having a higher sensitivity requires much more finesse, as the higher speed makes it easier to completely turn over someone whereas at a lower one you'd have stopped.

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithoutModem View Post
low sensitivity:
pros: easier to aim the br/sniper
cons: harder to hit people when they are jumping when they are close to you. hard to turn around when getting hit from the side/back.

high sensitivity:
pros: can turn around and have a better chance of putting up a fight vs. someone shooting you from the side/back. easier to pull off crazy snipes that you wouldn't be able to turn fast enough to hit on a low sensitivity. when someone is br'ing and jumping up close it is possible to keep your shot on them.
cons: need to have more hand eye coordination to win mid/long range br fights. harder to keep your sniper steady.
Anyone can play on any sensitivity. It is not a variable for how sick a clip is. All that matters is a player's performance; people should play on what they're comfortable with. It could be 1, it could be 10. All that matters is their performance on it. This goes for both PC and console gaming. Any pro player will tell you that.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 08-03-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSpartan View Post
I agree to an extent, but could I not argue that having some of the best halo 3 players in the world as teammates make getting clips like that easier?

I'm playing devils advocate here, because everyone is so quick to bring up noobs in montages based on social gameplay (aka Kampy or Dutchy) yet nobody ever points out that having teammates like SK, Heinz, Neighbor, etc might also make getting clips much easier as well. Think about it this way, having a team spawn trapped in their base, or having complete map control probably provides better opportunities at getting clips.

Just saying...

Nobody?_______
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-03-2010

Quote:
Nobody?_______
I'd say the exact opposite. Having amazing players on your team makes getting clutch clips harder because you are never really put in many situations where you have to take on the entire other team. Everyone is doing their job as a team, and everyone on your team is amazing, so all you get most of the time are clean up kills, team shooting, and single out BRs.

I think this was the case with Cloud's montage.
Nv1ncible
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
I'd say the exact opposite. Having amazing players on your team makes getting clutch clips harder because you are never really put in many situations where you have to take on the entire other team. Everyone is doing their job as a team, and everyone on your team is amazing, so all you get most of the time are clean up kills, team shooting, and single out BRs.

I think this was the case with Cloud's montage.
But what about teamshotting, constantly weakened enemies, and exceptional callouts? Wouldn't you consider those as aids when it comes to getting clips?
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
08-03-2010

Quote:
Anyone can play on any sensitivity. It is not a variable in how sick a clip is. All that matters is a player's performance; people should play on what they're comfortable with. It could be 1, it could be 10. All that matters is their performance on it. This goes for both PC and console gaming. Any pro player will tell you that.
Sensitivity affects your performance...but yeah people should play with what they're comfortable with, however, that doesn't mean higher sensitivity kills don't look cooler cuz they do. A 180 no scope is much cooler on 10 sens than on 1.
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
08-03-2010

Quote:
But what about teamshotting, constantly weakened enemies, and exceptional callouts?
Oh yeah, you'll get a lot of clean-up kills, some of which will result in an exterm... but since when have clean-up multikills been considered "sick"? Very rarely are they put in a situation where they have to go clutch against the entire/most of the other team because their teamwork and team skill is so great.
vPhobia
Level 20
Subtract from vPhobia's ReputationAdd to vPhobia's Reputation vPhobia is a novice
08-03-2010

I voted for Three. Oh wait...

pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
08-03-2010

I dunno who to vote for. I'm hoping one of the pro tages wins it, bout the only other vid I'd consider voting for is Roadblock's.

Didn't vote in the last category either.
Nv1ncible
08-03-2010

Quote:
Oh yeah, you'll get a lot of clean-up kills, some of which will result in an exterm... but since when have clean-up multikills been considered "sick"? Very rarely are they put in a situation where they have to go clutch against the entire/most of the other team because their teamwork and team skill is so great.
And I completely agree, and most clips that are clean up kills are considered to be sick, or clutch. But to be completely honest, and as QSK had mentioned earlier, there are actually very few clips like that to begin with (clutch or truly skillful). I just watched N/H again, namely the last few clips BestMan pointed out, and in almost every case, the people Hysteria was shooting were either not looking at him (focusing on his teammates), weak from his teammates, being spawn trapped, or coming up a lift. I'm not saying that makes them bad clips. All I'm saying is.... just because he's playing other pros or MLG 50s (which everyone that is half way decent at this game should know means very little) doesn't automatically make their clips better than everyone else's.

I guess overall, it probably evens out, but I am simply saying to everyone, don't be so quick to put a pro's gameplay above guys like Dutchy or Kampy. There's no need to open that debate up again though. Like I said, just playing devils advocate.