Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video entry has the best gameplay?
-"Contractus" - starring Kampy, Slinky, and Nv1ncible 15 6.30%
-"Dutchy Montage 2" - starring Dutchy 68 28.57%
-"Look Before You Leap 3" - starring the Jump Theory clan 9 3.78%
-Neighbor & Hysteria Dualtage - starring Neighbor and Hysteria 41 17.23%
-"Roadblock's Final Montage" - starring Roadblock 80 33.61%
-"Status Quo Team Montage" - starring Ace, Flamesword, and Totz 12 5.04%
-"Tizoxic's Halo 3 Montage" - starring Tizoxic 13 5.46%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
Anyone can use any sensitivity. You cannot use someone's sensitivity as an excuse because if it did give him an advantage, you'd be more than welcome to use it yourself.

Most pros play on 3. Some play on 2, some play on 4. Sup.
actually none play on 2 but nice try. 3-5 is what every pro plays except for one or two that play on 6.
Brightened
Level 33
Subtract from Brightened's ReputationAdd to Brightened's Reputation Brightened is a n00b
08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesT MaN View Post
Hold on I'mma let you finish but, Hysteria had some of the best clips of all time!
amidoinitrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by belayet12 View Post

This site is crashing into troll hell, with elitist junkies, ignorant sports fans, pretentious douchebags swarming around and did i mention trolling?
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
08-03-2010

Frag, you're thinking I'm saying 10 sens>2 sens clip and skill wise bla bla. All I'm saying is higher sensitivities require better focus and spot-on reactions(dunno if im using the right word, but w/e)

And it's also just my personal preference, I know wayyyyy too many people that use lower sensitivities just because they're the cool thing to do etc.
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
08-03-2010

For the duration of this thread, would people please code their retarded arguments with the Olive color. Just so we know that you know how stupid they are.

Last edited by muRda; 08-03-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by muRda View Post
For the duration of this thread, would people please code their retarded arguments with the Olive color? Just so we know that you know how stupid they are.
Ever bother to reply to my comment in the Cinematography thread?
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithoutModem View Post
actually none play on 2 but nice try. 3-5 is what every pro plays except for one or two that play on 6.
Not true. Some used to, and some still do. What's more significant is that anyone can play on any sensitivity whenever they want, which is why this is a dumb argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
Frag, you're thinking I'm saying 10 sens>2 sens clip and skill wise bla bla. All I'm saying is higher sensitivities require better focus and spot-on reactions(dunno if im using the right word, but w/e)

And it's also just my personal preference, I know wayyyyy too many people that use lower sensitivities just because they're the cool thing to do etc.
If higher sensitivities require more focus, then why would anyone in their right mind use a high sensitivity? You play on what you're comfortable on, it has no impact on how good your gameplay is. All that matters is the actual performance. End of story.

And technically speaking, high sensitivity requires less reaction time that low sensitivity since your aimer is moving faster.
RoboSteeze
Level 37
Subtract from RoboSteeze's ReputationAdd to RoboSteeze's Reputation RoboSteeze is a novice
Send a message via AIM to RoboSteeze
08-03-2010

Such a tough call.

Neighbor/Hysteria had the most concentrated amount of good clips. Hardly any fillers.

SQ had a good amount of sick clips, but a lot of fillers.

Tizoxic had the best gameplay for just 1 player. Hardly any fillers.

Dutchy's gameplay was immensely entertaining but I don't think it compares to top MLG gameplay.

Pretty much the same goes for Contractus, but I'd say Dutchy is a hair better.

Now the catch. Most of these videos actually took away from the gameplay.
It's almost unavoidable and it does not mean the editor didn't do a good job. Here's where Roadblock comes in.
Roadblocks gameplay was a step down from Tizoxic's but on worse players. However,
the simple editing and epic bassline (perfect for snipe clips) adds a HUGE boost to the gameplay. So therefor,
even though I was impressed by Roadblock's gameplay, I don't
think it's better than Tizoxic or Neighbor/Hysteria.

I'm gonna go with Tizoxic.

Tizoxic > Neighbor/Hysteria > SQ/Roadblock > Dutchy > Contractus
3D services, mentoring, etc! Send me a PM

Aim: RobotikDesigns

muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSpartan View Post
Ever bother to reply to my comment in the Cinematography thread?
Nah. I've spent all that time not giving a shit.
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by muRda View Post
Nah. I've spent all that time not giving a sh.t.
k....
10 k's
ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
If higher sensitivities require more focus, then why would anyone in their right mind use a high sensitivity? You play on what you're comfortable on, it has no impact on how good your gameplay is. All that matters is the actual performance. End of story.

And technically speaking, high sensitivity requires less reaction time that low sensitivity since your aimer is moving faster.
low sensitivity:
pros: easier to aim the br/sniper
cons: harder to hit people when they are jumping when they are close to you. hard to turn around when getting hit from the side/back.

high sensitivity:
pros: can turn around and have a better chance of putting up a fight vs. someone shooting you from the side/back. easier to pull off crazy snipes that you wouldn't be able to turn fast enough to hit on a low sensitivity. when someone is br'ing and jumping up close it is possible to keep your shot on them.
cons: need to have more hand eye coordination to win mid/long range br fights. harder to keep your sniper steady.

Last edited by ManWithoutModem; 08-03-2010 at 05:27 PM.