Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video entry has the best gameplay?
-"Contractus" - starring Kampy, Slinky, and Nv1ncible 15 6.30%
-"Dutchy Montage 2" - starring Dutchy 68 28.57%
-"Look Before You Leap 3" - starring the Jump Theory clan 9 3.78%
-Neighbor & Hysteria Dualtage - starring Neighbor and Hysteria 41 17.23%
-"Roadblock's Final Montage" - starring Roadblock 80 33.61%
-"Status Quo Team Montage" - starring Ace, Flamesword, and Totz 12 5.04%
-"Tizoxic's Halo 3 Montage" - starring Tizoxic 13 5.46%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Mars
Level 31
Subtract from Mars's ReputationAdd to Mars's Reputation Mars is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Mars Send a message via MSN to Mars
08-04-2010

It's hard to vote for best gameplay because I think tD's gameplay is the best (since the plays are amazing and mostly on pros) but Roadblock's gameplay is maybe more enjoyable to watch. It's like it rather should be "Most Enjoyable Gameplay" award or something.

MR

Last edited by Mars; 08-04-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Trendkill
A Bitter Old Man
Subtract from Trendkill's ReputationAdd to Trendkill's Reputation Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000
08-04-2010

i honestly think if Kblockers montage was in here i would have voted for it.
Jewtage
✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡
Subtract from Jewtage's ReputationAdd to Jewtage's Reputation Jewtage still downloads from Mythica Jewtage still downloads from Mythica Jewtage still downloads from Mythica Jewtage still downloads from Mythica Jewtage still downloads from Mythica Jewtage still downloads from Mythica
Send a message via AIM to Jewtage
08-04-2010

I think people here aren't looking at the Gameplay so much as the way they are presented.

For example: since N/H had a lot of IRl footage that people are calling 'homo', the Showstopper part isn't taking over, even though it had like 5 killtacs on pro teams.

Also, since dutchy's m2 was so fastly edited, the gameplay was hard to see and take from, but if you've watched it as much as I did, you'd notice that it had a lot of the same plays as Roadblock's did, including several swipe no scopes in an overkill etc, but it also had DIRTY social gameplay.

Since SQ had a huge hype, people are overexaggerating the gameplay, even if the non-filler were still filthy.

LBYL 3 can't really be compared to way of these, the same way you can't compare a naire in multi-hill to an exterm on pros, both take an equal amount of immense skill. Since no MLG fanboys will vote for jumps over triples on pros, it doesn't really have a shot, even thugh 99% of people couldn't even think about landing a jump.

So not many people are voting for the 'best' gameplay, because they are all presented differently, and people are voting on what they are biased towards...

And Frag, stop crying about sensitivity, people are only bringing it up again to make you mad...
drschlies
Level 11
Subtract from drschlies's ReputationAdd to drschlies's Reputation drschlies is a novice
08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hausty View Post
A lot of people are voting for Roadblock for his so called "AMAZING Gameplay". I mean, it was a good montage, but I myself wouldn't call it AMAZING, his clips were decent and of course some cool exterms here and there but not enough IMO.

I'd say Dutchy but whenever I watch a clip of his it's like "they" just GIVE IT TO HIM (the clip). As if he doesn't work for it, (flame if you want/don't understand me). IDK how to really explain it...

So Conractus gets it. 2 for 1 snipes, sick exterms, high multikills, and from my POV IDK why it just makes me see as if they're actually WORKING FOR THE CLIP. (Not saying all the other competitors did).
I completely agree. I've always thought of Dutchy as really talented and have been blown away by his high multi kills, but I think the caliber of his clips drops somewhat because of how his opponents act. also he's really good at getting long distance headshots which is cool and all but I like the ballsy up front multi kills better. not like he doesn't have those but yeah
QsK Carnage
Level 33
Subtract from QsK Carnage's ReputationAdd to QsK Carnage's Reputation QsK Carnage is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QsK Carnage
08-04-2010

Dutchy for best gameplay is uhhh...surprising to say the least.

ExuS
【=◈︿◈=】
Subtract from ExuS's ReputationAdd to ExuS's Reputation ExuS is on the rise to fame ExuS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ExuS
08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QsK Carnage View Post
Dutchy for best gameplay is uhhh...surprising to say the least.
Then why is it nominated?

Kottiz
Level 33
Subtract from Kottiz's ReputationAdd to Kottiz's Reputation Kottiz is a novice
08-04-2010

I'm just glad FA wasn't nominated.

Kill454
Level 15
Subtract from Kill454's ReputationAdd to Kill454's Reputation Kill454 is a novice
08-04-2010

Oh, wow, M2 takes the lead once again, even though Roadblock was winning by so much in the beginning -_-

Seriously, only best video should be a vote-able category, leave the sub-categories to the judges next time.

Wanny
Top Tier Director
Subtract from Wanny's ReputationAdd to Wanny's Reputation Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Wanny
08-04-2010

The horde of fanbois just rolled in. Seriously, M2 winning best gameplay out of all of these choices. Lol h3f comes through again
Kottiz
Level 33
Subtract from Kottiz's ReputationAdd to Kottiz's Reputation Kottiz is a novice
08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanNy View Post
The horde of fanbois just rolled in. Seriously, M2 winning best gameplay out of all of these choices. Lol h3f comes through again
Not everyone likes cleanup triples. I'm sorry, man.

M2 had the best gameplay in my opinion.