"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 20 10.00%
"Line Of Sight" - Created by Abused Productions 9 4.50%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 40 20.00%
"Status Quo Team Montage" - Produced by Prestigious Films 16 8.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithoutModem View Post

no but seriously lemme retry explaining my point.

Ok so in movies Cinematography is like how the camera is used.

In movies it is never 1st person view.

So in a halo montage since it is pretty much all first person the cinematography is the actual gameplay. So pretty much the person playing the game is like the camera recording angles in movies, it is showing the footage of the movie. Not sure if you guys get what im trying to say but yeah. Makes complete sense to me.

oh here is another thing that might make you understand:

imagine if there was no HUD. What does it look like? It would pretty much look like a camera going around the map showing people die, just like an angle would.

ANYONE GET WHAT I AM TYPING!!?

Last edited by Eamonn; 08-01-2010 at 02:19 AM.
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXpiReD v2 View Post
But to me 1st person gameplay is apart of the camera recording.
*facepalm*

That has nothing to do with this competition's intention of the award. Please vote based on the definition we give you, otherwise these sub-awards are meaningless. Refer back to the original post, don't make up your own inaccurate interpretation.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
08-01-2010

it says the award is for best angles and how the editor used them. I am saying that the clips are in fact angles as well. So I am voting for which video used all the footage the best.

anyways my opinion of what it is aside, best "angles" goes to Contractus.

oh and i redid my post above you frag.
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-01-2010

Quote:
it says the award is for best angles and how the editor used them. I am saying that the clips are in fact angles as well. So I am voting for which video used all the footage the best.

That's great.

but that's not what this award is about. When you read a sign that says "STOP" when you're driving, you don't say "Oh hey, maybe it's telling me to STOP driving so slow", and then speed up. You stop your f..king car because that's the meaning the government assigned to that sign.

Read the OP. Understand what the award is about. Vote accordingly.
Stop with your nonsense interpretations, clip placement has NOTHING to do with this award. That is for Best Editing award, and the gameplay itself is for Best Gameplay.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
08-01-2010

make the award best angles not best cinematography.

anyways im done. you typing in bold doesnt mean you are right.
ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
08-01-2010

ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
08-01-2010

Quote:

dude, you are not voting on the first person point of view footage. you are voting on the 3rd person views with the f..king theater camera. cinematography has nothing to do with some kid in theater pressing the A button once and then 10 seconds later pressing A again to stop it. first person views=its either perfect or its messed up because you captured it wrong. it has absolutely nothing to do with cinematography.

Last edited by ManWithoutModem; 08-01-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
08-01-2010

i know that.. i said i voted on that.. even though i dont agree with the definition they supplied..
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
08-01-2010

Quote:
make the award best angles not best cinematography.

anyways im done. you typing in bold doesnt mean you are right.
No, because this award has nothing to do with math.

Either way, the name isn't important. I could call this award BEST GAY SEX award, and it wouldn't matter. What's important is the explanation of the award WE, the contest runners, supply you with.

I don't care if your interpretation of the word we used for this award makes complete sense (which it doesn't), all that matters is the definition we give you. You know why? Because it's our competition, our rules, and our award. That's what makes you wrong.

Gameplay and editing have nothing to do with this award, so please do not take that into consideration when voting. Only abide by the definition we, the competition runners, give you. If you still don't understand why, refer back to the stop sign analogy.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 08-01-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Et3rnix
Level 12
Subtract from Et3rnix's ReputationAdd to Et3rnix's Reputation Et3rnix is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Et3rnix Send a message via Skype™ to Et3rnix
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
No, because this award has nothing to do with math.

Either way, the name isn't important. I could call this award BEST GAY SEX award, and it wouldn't matter. What's important is the explanation of the award WE, the contest runners, supply you with.

I don't care if your interpretation of the word we used for this award makes complete sense (which it doesn't), all that matters is the definition we give you. You know why? Because it's our competition, our rules, and our award. That's what makes you wrong.

Gameplay and editing have nothing to do with this award, so please do not take that into consideration when voting. Only abide by the definition we, the competition runners, give you. If you still don't understand why, refer back to the stop sign analogy.
I think that you could also add that Cinematography depends on how the use of the angles was used in creating the flow and structure of the video. Sure someone can sit there moving a camera around, but in my opinion it's how the angles were used and why they were used that defines it for me.

Correct me if you think I'm wrong. I'm very open minded to all of this and I think all the contestants did very well with their cinematography.
Edits unlike no Others