Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Best Cinematography
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 34 17.00%
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 29 14.50%
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 52 26.00%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 20 10.00%
"Line Of Sight" - Created by Abused Productions 9 4.50%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 40 20.00%
"Status Quo Team Montage" - Produced by Prestigious Films 16 8.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
PackieIX
Empathy Overload
PackieIX's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: down under
Posts: 17,051
Subtract from PackieIX's ReputationAdd to PackieIX's Reputation PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to PackieIX
#41
07-31-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havey View Post
My vote went to Black Box, some of the angles were just so amazing.

you must be joking.

Some where good, but 'so amazing'. lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post

Edit: No penises. Not even clipart versions.
- Nv1




Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Nv1ncible's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,506
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
#42
07-31-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XXL View Post
Status Quo.
Ah, my bad. Forgot that was pTw. Just saw Prestigious Films up there and totally forgot.
eisy22
Level 31
eisy22's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 2,151
Subtract from eisy22's ReputationAdd to eisy22's Reputation eisy22 taps Cortana eisy22 taps Cortana eisy22 taps Cortana eisy22 taps Cortana eisy22 taps Cortana
#43
07-31-2010
Default

Line of Sight should really get this imo. so many beautiful angles.


Woodland King
Level 32
Woodland King's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 2,306
Subtract from Woodland King's ReputationAdd to Woodland King's Reputation Woodland King is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Woodland King Send a message via MSN to Woodland King
#44
07-31-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSpartan View Post
And what video would that be?
Yea, sQ, thanks andrew. Sorry it took so long, saw an FBF hall of fame thread on 4chan and almost sh.t myself. ;D
Though of course if you did that, i would respect your decision wholly ;], yours had superb cinematography, i just found that sor3's was more creating/better looking to me. <3




SAYOCEAN
Level 11
SAYOCEAN's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 51
Subtract from SAYOCEAN's ReputationAdd to SAYOCEAN's Reputation SAYOCEAN is a novice
#45
07-31-2010
Default

Black Box. I really feel the angles and cinematography max contributed to this video stands above all the rest (though this is quite a subjective category). This is the only category in which im voting for my own montage.

Everyone should rewatch all the videos before voting.
HZPxSillyGoose
Level 16
HZPxSillyGoose's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 317
Subtract from HZPxSillyGoose's ReputationAdd to HZPxSillyGoose's Reputation HZPxSillyGoose finally popped his Bubble Shield HZPxSillyGoose finally popped his Bubble Shield HZPxSillyGoose finally popped his Bubble Shield HZPxSillyGoose finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to HZPxSillyGoose
#46
07-31-2010
Default

OK! this is coming from a person who does alot of capping! I just got done capping for like 6 tages 3 weeks ago and ill tell you why LBYL3 should take this my a long shot.
Most if not ever angle in that tage was flying all around with the camera, and to record the jumps while making sure every movement of the camera is smooth, from the panning to the direction the camera is pointing, to controlling the speed of the cammera, to being in the right spot at the right time! I cap angles and when I try to get nice pans I still can't get them as good as GaryUK did when I capping for a normal montage and the angles is only going to be shown for about 3secs! I was in awh* when I saw the amazing camera work that GaryUK was pulling off, and I know for a fact that he had to of tried over and over to get those pans just right!
So not only do I think that LBYL3 should win this category, but I also think that GaryUK should be recognized as the best capper of panning angles! They are so good i hope that I can get my skill level to that 1 day!
So hope LBYL3 wins this, great video, great jumps, great panning! Big props to Gary!
Standards
Level 47
Standards's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Odessa, TX
Posts: 6,757
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
#47
07-31-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HZPxSillyGoose View Post
OK! this is coming from a person who does alot of capping! I just got done capping for like 6 tages 3 weeks ago and ill tell you why LBYL3 should take this my a long shot.
Most if not ever angle in that tage was flying all around with the camera, and to record the jumps while making sure every movement of the camera is smooth, from the panning to the direction the camera is pointing, to controlling the speed of the cammera, to being in the right spot at the right time! I cap angles and when I try to get nice pans I still can't get them as good as GaryUK did when I capping for a normal montage and the angles is only going to be shown for about 3secs! I was in awh* when I saw the amazing camera work that GaryUK was pulling off, and I know for a fact that he had to of tried over and over to get those pans just right!
So not only do I think that LBYL3 should win this category, but I also think that GaryUK should be recognized as the best capper of panning angles! They are so good i hope that I can get my skill level to that 1 day!
So hope LBYL3 wins this, great video, great jumps, great panning! Big props to Gary!
Someone that has a great view on this, thank you.
o Flood o
Level 19
o Flood o's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 484
Subtract from o Flood o's ReputationAdd to o Flood o's Reputation o Flood o is a novice
Send a message via Skype™ to o Flood o
#48
07-31-2010
Default

Hmm.. I voted for the Stat Quo Tage. Could be for personal reasons, idk.

"We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt,
But how we survive is what makes us who we are."
The West Virginia Tage! <3
Woodland King
Level 32
Woodland King's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 2,306
Subtract from Woodland King's ReputationAdd to Woodland King's Reputation Woodland King is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Woodland King Send a message via MSN to Woodland King
#49
07-31-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
Someone that has a great view on this, thank you.
Great jumps/video shouldnt make this win, it should all be about cinematography, which greatly helps make a video, but saying that as for why it should win, is flawed. More at Sillygoose, but was too lazy/didn't wanna quote a paragraph.

Whore.




Standards
Level 47
Standards's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Odessa, TX
Posts: 6,757
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
#50
07-31-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodland King View Post
Great jumps/video shouldnt make this win, it should all be about cinematography, which greatly helps make a video, but saying that as for why it should win, is flawed. More at Sillygoose, but was too lazy/didn't wanna quote a paragraph.

Whore.
Not saying the jumps should make it win, I'm agreeing with him on how precisely and well done the angles were should.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off