"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 20 10.00%
"Line Of Sight" - Created by Abused Productions 9 4.50%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 40 20.00%
"Status Quo Team Montage" - Produced by Prestigious Films 16 8.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
08-02-2010

Dennis, you're back from wherever the fuck you've been?

I'm also dissapoint, expected more flame when I woke up.
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
08-02-2010

I'm not back :P Sippin' on Malibu's in the café right now. Expect lots of typo's 60 minutes from now
join the revolution.

Spoiler!
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDuTchY View Post
I'm not back :P Sippin' on Malibu's in the café right now. Expect lots of typo's 60 minutes from now
Hahaha i hear you bro
Be sure to stay on the site so we can see your progress
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
08-02-2010

Meh, I'm on the laptop only because this is the first rainy day we've had. I'll be back on friday, ready to do whatever you guys want me to do
join the revolution.

Spoiler!
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
08-02-2010

Keep that in mind baby
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCeSHoT View Post
The category names are a little bit meh. In "Most Original" all ppl did what argue about what "Originality" is. Same for this category.
You can lead a retard to water, but he'll probably drown. Stupidity shouldn't hold people from reading the definition supplied in the first post.

Quote:
Originality, Cinematography are terms better associated w/ REAL movies.
As opposed to the fake movies that Halo videos are?

Also, for everyone getting insulted with all the stupid high school bullshit that has to happen every time someone gets offended because they cast a vote and made their decision publicly known without any explanation, I'll just supply the following (and probably do this in each thread):
You're a fkn retard for voting for Black Box, unless you can explain why in some detail.
You're a fkn retard for voting for Contractus, unless you can explain why in some detail.
You're a fkn retard for voting for M2, unless you can explain why in some detail.
You're a fkn retard for voting for Frenetic Array, unless you can explain why in some detail.
You're a fkn retard for voting for Line of Sight, unless you can explain why in some detail.
You're a fkn retard for voting for LBYL3, unless you can explain why in some detail.
You're a fkn retard for voting for SQ, unless you can explain why in some detail.

For all the goddam crying everyone does in threads like these, you would be hardpressed to get you bitches to put similar effort into actually validating your own opinion, instead of stomping your feet waiting for people to respect your decision when you refuse to offer any substance behind your reasoning other than a useless, empty sentence.
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by muRda View Post

Contractus: Felt like angles just weren't as smooth and didn't flow with the movements or feel you were trying to get. The switch at 2:45 seemed extremely forced and randomly done. The chase scene on the Pit I felt also had a player leave the screen too often; usually art dictates filling the empty space, and I think that would have worked better for that part.
I appreciate you taking the time to write up your thoughts on each nomination, but obviously with Contractus being my video, and having put in many hours into creating it, and hearing what others have had to say about the angle work, I can't say that I agree with much you said.

Your first point was that the angles weren't smooth, and did not flow with the "feel you were trying to get". I don't quite know what "feel" you think I was trying to get, but every angle was plotted and planned according to what I wanted to do within the video. That brings me to your next point, about the angle at 2:45 being "forced and randomly done". That could not be further from the truth. As I said before, each angle was planned, each transition thought out. The map to map transition on Narrows that you are referring to is very well done in my, and many others, opinion. And when you talk about flow, how can you better keep flow in a transition than to make a seamless change from one clip to another on the same map as the way I did there? Lastly, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at with the art reference, and blank space. A player leaving the scene is not something that was done by accident, or because of lack of attention to detail. It's actually a technique used in lots of films. You see an actor, or car fly past the camera all the time. That's what I was going for. The sense of the chase. The camera not being able to keep up, so to speak.

I'm sorry if my angles didn't fit your intended feel for the video, but they fit mine perfectly. I personally know many people here that would back me up in saying, my angles were very smooth, planned out, and fit the feel and emotion that I was going for in this video. And trust me, I can point out specifics to each angle that would prove the attention to detail I put into these. I don't think anyone on this site quite fully understands the amount of thought I put into this video. Sure, the editing might be simple relative to other entries, but I can tell you I created a video that exactly matched the emotion and feel I was going for.

Edit: You are entitled to your opinion, and I do appreciate you taking the time to write up your thoughts. That is better than I can say about most of the posts in this thread.

Last edited by Nv1ncible; 08-02-2010 at 02:46 PM.
HAble
Praying for tidal waves..
Subtract from HAble's ReputationAdd to HAble's Reputation HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to HAble
08-02-2010

I voted for LPYL just because when I think of all of the montages here, that one stands out the most with all of the moving angles and cool ways to show the jumps.

If I had 3 votes I could easily vote for 3 more, they are all good.
Xyox is gay
Yahweh
Level 13
Subtract from Yahweh's ReputationAdd to Yahweh's Reputation Yahweh is a novice
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSpartan View Post
Long Post.
People never truly appreciate the hard work put into a video unless it's their own. It's easy to downplay the effort that was put into it. Shot lists and filming are very time consuming and difficult to partake in, so I can see why you may take offense to what he said. Keep in mind, he probably didn't mean it to sound so harsh. He just found small, personal, gripes. And since this is an artform, those gripes detract from his overall opinion on the artistic value of the video, personally. Not everyone will share his opinion as though it were fact.

kapowftw 2:32 pm
(2:32:45 PM): you should have said you could find jesus in her ass
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahweh View Post
People never truly appreciate the hard work put into a video unless it's their own. It's easy to downplay the effort that was put into it. Shot lists and filming are very time consuming and difficult to partake in, so I can see why you may take offense to what he said. Keep in mind, he probably didn't mean it to sound so harsh. He just found small, personal, gripes. And since this is an artform, those gripes detract from his overall opinion on the artistic value of the video, personally. Not everyone will share his opinion as though it were fact.
Understood. That's part of the reason I added the edit at the end of my post. Good points though.