"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 20 10.00%
"Line Of Sight" - Created by Abused Productions 9 4.50%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 40 20.00%
"Status Quo Team Montage" - Produced by Prestigious Films 16 8.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
killerxjake
Level 11
Subtract from killerxjake's ReputationAdd to killerxjake's Reputation killerxjake is a novice
08-02-2010

so many people are upset dutchy is winning, yet he's still up by 9. lol. best Gp? sure. best cinematography? i would give him 3rd or 4th place honestly. Doesnt anyone else love LOS' camera work? I think LOS or contractus is an easy second behind lbyl, so i guess I'm only upset because we arent even losing to one of them, but we're losing to my 4th choice...
Looking for anyone to play some H2 on XBC with.
~ killerxjake
NyCeSHoT
Level 26
Subtract from NyCeSHoT's ReputationAdd to NyCeSHoT's Reputation NyCeSHoT is a novice
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by .V!SCOSITY. View Post
Its really starting to aggravate me that people are STILL voting for Dutchys montage, when you figured there would be more sensible ppl here.

Hmmmmmmmmm - Sor3 gets mah vote
Why? Even if it is just his fan base winning it for him, he's still winning. I'm not letting that fact anger me at all. Why get mad when people don't even understand what they are voting for? The category names are a little bit meh. In "Most Original" all ppl did what argue about what "Originality" is. Same for this category. Halo vids are pretty much based off the kills in it imo. Originality, Cinematography are terms better associated w/ REAL movies. These tages do capture elements that are used in movies and it is a movie competition. But Halo vids and Movies are two COMPLETELY different things. Understand that.
Quantum in HD
Level 12
Subtract from Quantum in HD's ReputationAdd to Quantum in HD's Reputation Quantum in HD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Quantum in HD
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeHe 2the Ment View Post
Dutchy M2 gets it for the running spartan POV

Perfect.
did you make that sig? it's dope.

Add: Fraaaaaaaank
if you're feelin to run some dubbbbssss
JoshNgton
THF VIP Member
Subtract from JoshNgton's ReputationAdd to JoshNgton's Reputation JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to JoshNgton
08-02-2010

wtf how is dutchy winning lbyl3s cinematography f***ing raped!

Guess who I voted for?
SL0WandP41NFUL
Level 28
Subtract from SL0WandP41NFUL's ReputationAdd to SL0WandP41NFUL's Reputation SL0WandP41NFUL finally popped his Bubble Shield SL0WandP41NFUL finally popped his Bubble Shield SL0WandP41NFUL finally popped his Bubble Shield SL0WandP41NFUL finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to SL0WandP41NFUL Send a message via Skype™ to SL0WandP41NFUL
08-02-2010

Haters gonna hate... Voted for DM2.
Yahweh
Level 13
Subtract from Yahweh's ReputationAdd to Yahweh's Reputation Yahweh is a novice
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCeSHoT View Post
. These tages do capture elements that are used in movies and it is a movie competition. But Halo vids and Movies are two COMPLETELY different things. Understand that.
I don't think you understand how similar they are. Think of the kills the same way that you think of a storyline in a film. Both need to be showcased. Getting either of them to spark interest in your viewer is directly correlated to the same sub-genres that you don't seem to care about.

Quote:
Even if it is just his fan base winning it for him, he's still winning. I'm not letting that fact anger me at all. Why get mad when people don't even understand what they are voting for?
When people are voting for the wrong reasons, it makes sense that other people will get bent. It's kind of like voting for Obama, simply so he could be the first black president, with complete disregard to what his politics were (Let's not actually bring his up politics. I'm just using this as an example.).

Quote:
The category names are a little bit meh. In "Most Original" all ppl did what argue about what "Originality" is. Same for this category. Halo vids are pretty much based off the kills in it imo. Originality, Cinematography are terms better associated w/ REAL movies
If you don't understand the genres, or the point of them, then don't vote. This isn't the contest for the best overall video, or best gameplay, it's for the best filming. While the terms are more common with large scale films (simply because there is a wider fan-base), they still work with halo cinema.

What's more, to anyone that thinks the arguing in here is retarded:
It simply isn't. Arguing/debate is the fastest way to spread knowledge and share perspective. In a competition dedicated entirely to perspective, it's actually a quite healthy thing to see. Trying to say it's immature to argue and defend your position is immature in itself.

OT: Just re-watched LoS, and holy damn, that video deserves more votes in this category.

kapowftw 2:32 pm
(2:32:45 PM): you should have said you could find jesus in her ass
ExuS
【=◈︿◈=】
Subtract from ExuS's ReputationAdd to ExuS's Reputation ExuS is on the rise to fame ExuS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ExuS
08-02-2010

I'm getting tired of this "Dutchy-only-in-the-lead-bcuz-of-fanbase" stuff. If you guys don't bring us a solid FBI report on it you're just spreading rumours and mainly making the video look bad. Very disrespectful.

N1vincble & Synergy did great work and everyone has right to their own opinion.

ImyourPhobia
Level 26
Subtract from ImyourPhobia's ReputationAdd to ImyourPhobia's Reputation ImyourPhobia is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ImyourPhobia
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExuS View Post
N1vincble & Synergy did great work and everyone has right to their own opinion.
Its sad because most people don't even know Jake capped mostly for M2.

Plus synergy's angles are awesome.
Projects I've done that don't completely suck:
Sebsation
Atrophy 2
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahweh View Post
I don't think you understand how similar they are. Think of the kills the same way that you think of a storyline in a film. Both need to be showcased. Getting either of them to spark interest in your viewer is directly correlated to the same sub-genres that you don't seem to care about.

When people are voting for the wrong reasons, it makes sense that other people will get bent. It's kind of like voting for Obama, simply so he could be the first black president, with complete disregard to what his politics were (Let's not actually bring his up politics. I'm just using this as an example.).

If you don't understand the genres, or the point of them, then don't vote. This isn't the contest for the best overall video, or best gameplay, it's for the best filming. While the terms are more common with large scale films (simply because there is a wider fan-base), they still work with halo cinema.

It simply isn't. Arguing/debate is the fastest way to spread knowledge and share perspective. In a competition dedicated entirely to perspective, it's actually a quite healthy thing to see. Trying to say it's immature to argue and defend your position is immature in itself.

OT: Just re-watched LoS, and holy damn, that video deserves more votes in this category.
Ok hold up.
Please, and i am begging you please for the sake of us all. Do NOT get another debate and dumb ass argument going about something totally different. The debating is perfectly fine. But arguing over these videos arent making the polls any different and some of the arguments are here are completely pointless man.
But dont start by comparing this competition and bandwagon to the Presidential debate. Because i KNOW that argument will get out of hand fast and it will because you had to start about it.

So for the sake of all of us. Dont compare this comp. to the election, because i know it would get out of hand. I would just keep it to the argument of the videos.
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!
killerxjake
Level 11
Subtract from killerxjake's ReputationAdd to killerxjake's Reputation killerxjake is a novice
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahweh View Post

This so perfectly coincides with my own thoughts. The first four paragraphs, and that last comment is also spot on. I think that LOS should easily be second or competing for first with LBYL.

And i dont think anyone is trying to condescend your video Exus...after all it's in the lead, and it got nominated for this category so it has been recognized for sure. Some people here, including myself, just happen to believe that M2 wasn't the best video in cinematography. I think it possibly had the best gameplay, and it possibly had the best editing, and i voted for it for best intro....cinematography though? not imo. Those guys did a great job, but do you personally also believe that M2 had the best cinematography? j/w
Looking for anyone to play some H2 on XBC with.
~ killerxjake