"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 20 10.00%
"Line Of Sight" - Created by Abused Productions 9 4.50%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 40 20.00%
"Status Quo Team Montage" - Produced by Prestigious Films 16 8.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Andrew
I am the liquor
Subtract from Andrew's ReputationAdd to Andrew's Reputation Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000
08-01-2010

Superfly made a good point.
And for the best gameplay, i have to say Roadblock.

Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XXL View Post
Superfly made a good point.
And for the best gameplay, i have to say Roadblock.
Im going with Roadblock too for gameplay.
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!
Yahweh
Level 13
Subtract from Yahweh's ReputationAdd to Yahweh's Reputation Yahweh is a novice
08-01-2010

I am disappoint.

As a professional photographer and freelance wedding videographer, I spend a lot of time behind the camera. I love most of the entries in here, because it seems that those who took the time to capture the shots for each montage, really took time to think out and present each shot. With the exception of one.

Unfortunately, that montage is the one that is winning. Dutchy M2 is an excellent montage, with amazing frags, and mindblowing editing. However, the shots themselves bring nothing revolutionary - or even slightly different - from pretty much any other video before it. I was actually surprised this made it as a nomination. The shots were by no means awful. They were captured excellently, but I found them droll and boring in their execution. Which is okay, because in a montage it's really about the first person views and the killing. The cinematics should come second in a fast-paced video that's all about clip presentation.

I can't help but get the sneaking suspicion, that Dutchy is only winning because of his fan-base, and their lack of knowledge on the subject of cinematography. An ignorance proven more than once in this thread. I strongly urge everyone who has yet to vote, to go look into some terminology ( ie, panning, trucking, dollying, rule of thirds, rule of 180, etc.), then watch the video.
Turn off the music and watch the videos for just the camerawork.

Dutchy and all those involved in the production of your video:
Please take no offense to this. Your video is excellent, I just think it's a crime that it's winning over excellent entries like the BB, SQ, or LBYL.

Edit:
To whoever said something about mapping out every shot to fit the video: Welcome to every cinematographers' world. It's called a shot list, and it's not all too uncommon for people to draw out the shots and their movements before filming them.

kapowftw 2:32 pm
(2:32:45 PM): you should have said you could find jesus in her ass

Last edited by Yahweh; 08-01-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Ticket
Level 16
Subtract from Ticket's ReputationAdd to Ticket's Reputation Ticket is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Ticket
08-01-2010

contractus for sure

but im kinda surprised that sebsation didnt get nominated in this section
ManchesterUtd77
Level 29
Subtract from ManchesterUtd77's ReputationAdd to ManchesterUtd77's Reputation ManchesterUtd77 is stuck in campaign mode
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahweh View Post
I am disappoint.

As a professional photographer and freelance wedding videographer, I spend a lot of time behind the camera. I love most of the entries in here, because it seems that those who took the time to capture the shots for each montage, really took time to think out and present each shot. With the exception of one.

Unfortunately, that montage is the one that is winning. Dutchy M2 is an excellent montage, with amazing frags, and mindblowing editing. However, the shots themselves bring nothing revolutionary - or even slightly different - from pretty much any other video before it. I was actually surprised this made it as a nomination. The shots were by no means awful. They were captured excellently, but I found them droll and boring in their execution. Which is okay, because in a montage it's really about the first person views and the killing. The cinematics should come second in a fast-paced video that's all about clip presentation.

I can't help but get the sneaking suspicion, that Dutchy is only winning because of his fan-base, and their lack of knowledge on the subject of cinematography. An ignorance proven more than once in this thread. I strongly urge everyone who has yet to vote, to go look into some terminology ( ie, panning, trucking, dollying, rule of thirds, rule of 180, etc.), then watch the video.
Turn off the music and watch the videos for just the camerawork.

Dutchy and all those involved in the production of your video:
Please take no offense to this. Your video is excellent, I just think it's a crime that it's winning over excellent entries like the BB, SQ, or LBYL.

Edit:
To whoever said something about mapping out every shot to fit the video: Welcome to every cinematographers' world. It's called a shot list, and it's not all too uncommon for people to draw out the shots and their movements before filming them.
This^^^

I also agree that Dutchy is probably just winning because of his fan base unfortunately.
Wanny
Top Tier Director
Subtract from Wanny's ReputationAdd to Wanny's Reputation Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Wanny
08-01-2010

I can't believe dutchy is winning over LBYL,sQ, and Contractus. Sorry but it should be behind all of those, my vote went to LBYL
iOpTiMuS
Level 30
Subtract from iOpTiMuS's ReputationAdd to iOpTiMuS's Reputation iOpTiMuS is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iOpTiMuS
08-01-2010

This is really ridiculous. If this category was for editing, Dutchy's may be fit. This is almost like the last comp when Dualtality was close to Kampys Final (Nothing against kampy, I voted for contractus). Dualtality had art. It was elegant. This award is much like that, which makes me think why should Dutchy's be winning this category...

The fan base has alot to do with it.
Click my signature below for my mini snowboard video

Last edited by iOpTiMuS; 08-01-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxsuperflyxxx View Post
Jesus Christ this is ridiculous, how is Dutchy's montage winning? I feel like kids are just voting for the video they like the most and not really considering the actual sub category or putting any real thought into their decisions.
This is a valid reason for putting the sub categories after the main competition. But Hindsight is 20:20.

Once people vote on the real thing they might keep it in their mind that it's a different poll. But we can't cater to morons.

killerxjake
Level 11
Subtract from killerxjake's ReputationAdd to killerxjake's Reputation killerxjake is a novice
08-01-2010

Guys! I found out why everyone is confused about the entries to vote for and stuff. I just hope this already hasnt been quoted from the OP, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by || TM22 || View Post
The voting period ends on August 3rd. Please watch ALL Best Intro Award nominees again before voting. They've spent months creating these videos, and they deserve a few minutes out of your day before you finalize your choices.
people arent watching the right nominations i think.
Looking for anyone to play some H2 on XBC with.
~ killerxjake
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerxjake View Post
Guys! I found out why everyone is confused about the entries to vote for and stuff. I just hope this already hasnt been quoted from the OP, but...

people arent watching the right nominations i think.
Competitions will never be the same.