Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Shif7eh
10 ppp
Subtract from Shif7eh's ReputationAdd to Shif7eh's Reputation Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

My vote goes to LBYL3; most original for this competition.

VVV isn't original in any sense by Atiemark's means, but mad props to rhis for those disgusting multi's.

Lovin H2A

Last edited by Shif7eh; 07-27-2010 at 07:13 AM.
ReBirTh vTwo
Level 28
Subtract from ReBirTh vTwo's ReputationAdd to ReBirTh vTwo's Reputation ReBirTh vTwo is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ReBirTh vTwo Send a message via MSN to ReBirTh vTwo
07-27-2010

Why isnt neighbor and hysterias tage a nominee? what phurion done with introducing real life into the montage and the phone call, seemed pretty new and unique to me? I know it was done before, but no where near to this level. They would get my vote, but i guess ill give it to the animatage, just because it would be nice to see you get something out of your hard work. 10 months? jesus thats a long time :P

iOpTiMuS
Level 30
Subtract from iOpTiMuS's ReputationAdd to iOpTiMuS's Reputation iOpTiMuS is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iOpTiMuS
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBirTh vTwo View Post
Why isnt neighbor and hysterias tage a nominee? what phurion done with introducing real life into the montage and the phone call, seemed pretty new and unique to me? I know it was done before, but no where near to this level. They would get my vote, but i guess ill give it to the animatage, just because it would be nice to see you get something out of your hard work. 10 months? jesus thats a long time :P
Original, yes, but there has been real life content in videos before.

LBYL3 is creative in its jumps, but I just liked bipolar nicks more. It was really different from any montage I had seen before.
Click my signature below for my mini snowboard video
Smite
Origins 2015
Subtract from Smite's ReputationAdd to Smite's Reputation Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Smite Send a message via MSN to Smite
07-27-2010

Honestly.. i give props to LBYL3. But anyone can sit in a custom game all day and practice jumps to perfection. Plus ive seen stuff like that before. Seagull is the only reason im not completely pissed it made most original. I in all honesty would love to see animatage win this. I believe he deserves it more.

ReziLienT
Level 28
Subtract from ReziLienT's ReputationAdd to ReziLienT's Reputation ReziLienT is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ReziLienT
07-27-2010

Voted for Black Box. I love that tagey for its originality.
Zhestal
Mondo Cool
Subtract from Zhestal's ReputationAdd to Zhestal's Reputation Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Zhestal Send a message via Skype™ to Zhestal
07-27-2010

I was kinda expecting Salaya's 4th to be nominee, but w/e

Animatage has my vote
CaptainCrunch
Level 13
Subtract from CaptainCrunch's ReputationAdd to CaptainCrunch's Reputation CaptainCrunch is a novice
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVI Smite IVI View Post
Honestly.. i give props to LBYL3. But anyone can sit in a custom game all day and practice jumps to perfection.
you are just so wrong!

The originality is in FINDING the jumps and the IDEAS. Being able to "sit in a custom game all day" has nothing to do with it. Also, I bet if you tried it, you would fail so miserably. You make this assumption that "anyone" can do it, but you probably don't know anyone who does! So that is completely based on your own observations and not on any fact.

and just to provemy point, lemme run through just SOME of all of the "firsts" in our video.

-first to jump off of 1 cone twice in midair
-first to get underneath narrows unaided
-first to use an equipment jump in a midair stack, which was picked up off of it's original spawn
-first to change teams in midjump
-first to use a teleporter to gain speed/momentum for a jump
-first to shoot off of a seagull in a jump
-first to get to countless other spots on a variety of maps, unaided: two different huge rocks on valhalla, all the way to the edge of the cave on avalanche, (underneath narrows, mentioned this already).
-first to use a rubble to richocet another rubble for the purpose of a jump

ETC.

There's probably more. Please don't ever say again that our video isn't original because trick jumping isn't an original concept.

~CaptainCrunch41

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 07-27-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Stagga
Level 48
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Stagga
07-27-2010

In terms of gameplay, LBYL3, yeah. But in terms of editing, Black Box. The angles I saw were immensely original, and so were the effects.

Black Box has my vote (sor3 needs to win SOMETHING!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVI Smite IVI View Post
Honestly.. i give props to LBYL3. But anyone can sit in a custom game all day and practice jumps to perfection. Plus ive seen stuff like that before. Seagull is the only reason im not completely pissed it made most original. I in all honesty would love to see animatage win this. I believe he deserves it more.

Believe me, I've tried messing around in valhalla and such and couldn't jump for crap. You've obviously never tried to trick jump before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
stagga stood with his palms in a sweat
wetter than eminems, i would bet
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
he'll be drowned in a pussy quartet

Last edited by Stagga; 07-27-2010 at 09:10 AM.
killerxjake
Level 11
Subtract from killerxjake's ReputationAdd to killerxjake's Reputation killerxjake is a novice
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
You voted for your own video?
I can only thin of two ways you're confused on this.

1. Are we not supposed to vote for our own videos?

2. I was apart of the making of lbyl3. I had 6 or 7 jumps in the vid and i edited the intro with help from zanster. does that clear anything up?
Looking for anyone to play some H2 on XBC with.
~ killerxjake
alves
Level 31
Subtract from alves's ReputationAdd to alves's Reputation alves is a novice
Send a message via AIM to alves
07-27-2010

LBYL3..

Because jumping 'tages in general aren't original, but the content in the video is what matters. Rocket jumping of a fucking bird... But that's not the only jump, quite a few were new, and had me scratching my head.