Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Fredde
Level 11
Subtract from Fredde's ReputationAdd to Fredde's Reputation Fredde is a novice
07-27-2010

Animetage sure was original but the montage wasnt very good tbh. Many can do original things but imo they have to be atleast somewhat good too. Will have to wait with my vote untill I have watched them again.
ManchesterUtd77
Level 29
Subtract from ManchesterUtd77's ReputationAdd to ManchesterUtd77's Reputation ManchesterUtd77 is stuck in campaign mode
07-27-2010

Look Before You Leap 3. Gets my vote no doubt.

HE JUMPED OFF A f..kING SEAGULL!

That alone couldve made LBYL3 win for me

Last edited by ManchesterUtd77; 07-27-2010 at 04:05 AM.
NickV
THF VIP Member
Subtract from NickV's ReputationAdd to NickV's Reputation NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

Animatage: Clever usage of the HUD, but next to that it wasn't really original. You did use some drawing transitions, but not enough to my likings... You didn't use the theme to it's full potential, sadly.

Bipolar Nick: I loved the colours throughout the entire montage. You definetly set a personal tone in the montage in your own way (especially in the credits!). Although the effects aren't original as they've been done before, it also had ideas that were original. Especially the shoutouts to your favourite montages on your laptop. I don't think I've heard that kind of music before. But next to the colours and the music, it wasn't really original. Both the editing and the gameplay. Like you said: It's all been done before, but you simply took it to a different level.

Black Box: Original theme that you used here. It was also good that you kept the theme and style of editing throughout the entire video, something that most seem to forget to do. I've also never seen maps turned upside down so that was cool. Something that simple had a pretty big effect on me. The credits felt out of place, though. It had nothing to do with the theme at all.

Frenetic Array: I personally don't see how it was really that original. The destruction on maps like that hasn't been done, but surely thought up alot. The same kind of music was heard throughout the entire montage. I'd had liked it more if there was some diversity. The editing wasn't anything special (in terms of being original, ofcourse). Although I must say, cloud explosions out of a grenade? That's f.ckin' original, lol. Although the decaying was a sick idea, props on that. You really took the destruction idea to the highest level. The only way to make it even higher is to rotoscope every single clip to make that destructed too, haha. It's not really original, in my opinion. But it's made in a very professional way.

Look Before You Leap 3: Wow. Those jumps are incredible. How would you think of jumping off the likes of a seagull and even accomplish it? It takes alot of creativity (and originality) to think of those jumps. The way of presenting was something we've seen a million times in jump video's, though. Ofcourse it's possibly the best way to show them, but we're talking about originality here.

Question Reality: The callouts would be pretty cool, but I think they aren't been done well. Counts for every effect, really. The guy saying the callout doesn't sound pumped, which should have been as he's playing MLG + it hypes up the montage. Some of the effects were original, but most of the montage was just "another montage". When the second song started there were some crazy things (a spartan comes out of hell?) but again, not done too well. It wasn't really originality on a high level, though. A bullet through the wall was also kind of funny, but it had nothing to do with the gameplay. The Halo 3D thing was actuall a great idea and it was done well.

Veni Vidi Vici: Well, this was definetly one of it's own kind. Almost all of the effects haven't been used and especially with this kind of music. I don't really like the video, but I have to give props for it. It was well done. I've got nothing else to say about this film, really.

So in my opinion:

1. Look Before You Leap 3
2. Black Box
3. Veni Vidi Vici
4. Animatage
5. Bipolar Nick's Final Montage
6. Question Reality
7. Frenetic Array
RIP EvilLilElmo

Married to terv
thestrangestick
Level 14
Subtract from thestrangestick's ReputationAdd to thestrangestick's Reputation thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerxjake View Post
You had a somewhat valid argument until that last comment...what an ignorant way to end that.
I voted for our video because of the originality of the content...the basic theme and ideas presented (the theme was originality btw)...and the uniqueness of our video in comparison to others out there...every one of these entries were created through hard work...none of these videos should be underminded of their originality. If you choose animatage because you thought the videos concept of customized hud and theme was the most original, that's fine, but try to see it from the other voters point of view also.
You voted for your own video?

EDIT: @ Muff1n: This montage took ten months. I finished it a day before the competition closed. I simply ran out of time to do extra animated style transitions, even though I had a whole lot more planned.

english2
Level 11
Subtract from english2's ReputationAdd to english2's Reputation english2 is a novice
07-27-2010

Voting LBYL for obvious reasons.
BaGeLzz
Level 28
Subtract from BaGeLzz's ReputationAdd to BaGeLzz's Reputation BaGeLzz is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BaGeLzz
07-27-2010

LBYL3.

Shouldn't even be a question. Not only was it original, but it was executed so well and the whole video was so clean unlike the Animatage.

thestrangestick
Level 14
Subtract from thestrangestick's ReputationAdd to thestrangestick's Reputation thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaGeLzz View Post
LBYL3.

Shouldn't even be a question. Not only was it original, but it was executed so well and the whole video was so clean unlike the Animatage.
Originality isn't measured in cleanliness.

NickV
THF VIP Member
Subtract from NickV's ReputationAdd to NickV's Reputation NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
You voted for your own video?

EDIT: @ Muff1n: This montage took ten months. I finished it a day before the competition closed. I simply ran out of time to do extra animated style transitions, even though I had a whole lot more planned.
I'm sure it took a long time because it was close to perfect what you did (timing, etc). I don't look at how much time you had or didn't have, because for me it's all about the final render. Sorry to hear you didn't have time anymore to do other things, though. Would be cool if you still do some things in the near future.
RIP EvilLilElmo

Married to terv
iSkRiLLZ
Level 14
Subtract from iSkRiLLZ's ReputationAdd to iSkRiLLZ's Reputation iSkRiLLZ is a novice
07-27-2010

Its a tight race right now.

In retrospect, I would change my vote. But, whats done is done. Some montages are being SERIOUSLY overlooked though. Not naming them, but some people know what I'm talking about.
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
07-27-2010

I cant believe how Black Box isnt at least getting more voted for originality?
I pretty much knew it was going to come down to LYBL3 and The Animatage, but god guys. Idk i just loved how Black Box was so original in my opinion.

Good luck to everyone
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!