Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
briansoupy
Level 31
Subtract from briansoupy's ReputationAdd to briansoupy's Reputation briansoupy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to briansoupy Send a message via Skype™ to briansoupy
07-27-2010

Murda since when where you so involved? I'm' kind of surprised you even watched all the entries. And I say that because I didn't.
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'
Quote:
to say god, is to sing god
to sing to god, is to draw near to god
to the nearness that is god
SRGT Nick
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from SRGT Nick's ReputationAdd to SRGT Nick's Reputation SRGT Nick is a novice
07-27-2010

LBYL 3 for my vote.
Yahweh
Level 13
Subtract from Yahweh's ReputationAdd to Yahweh's Reputation Yahweh is a novice
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldYrPistlSTR8 View Post
I would basically says that this is sort of a "Most creative editing" contest.
Isn't that what the best editing contest is for?

But good choice voting for the black box. It is definitely my second choice. I didn't read the first few posts, so I don't know if anyone said this yet, but I think people should be wishing good luck to all the contestants. Everyone here produced excellent videos.

kapowftw 2:32 pm
(2:32:45 PM): you should have said you could find jesus in her ass
Rhis
Gucci Bacchae
Subtract from Rhis's ReputationAdd to Rhis's Reputation Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

I'd donate $10 just to get this embarassment of a thread off of this site.

Regards,
Bates
Level 15
Subtract from Bates's ReputationAdd to Bates's Reputation Bates is a novice
07-27-2010

I voted for Black Box. While I can appreciate people love for LB4YL3. In my eyes it is just another jump vid..
StObrist
Level 28
Subtract from StObrist's ReputationAdd to StObrist's Reputation StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin'
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahweh View Post
Isn't that what the best editing contest is for?
So hypothetically in a montage world dominated by editing originality, a montage based around gameplay originality in itself would be original?
S a L a Y a

Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticket View Post
how is lbyl3 the most creative at all? there have been plenty of trick jumping montages in the past maybe not to the scale of this one but seriously it has been done so many times in the past. I think that Black box should take this one just because of how flawless and clean the editing was... i know that there are hundreds of montages like black box but none of them contain as many new effects and or original ideas of how to make this montage stand out above all the rest
Yea, man! Multikill montages haven't been done more than jump montages! And we've seen people fucking jump off of birds before!
Yea!
Rabbid Waffles
Level 24
Subtract from Rabbid Waffles's ReputationAdd to Rabbid Waffles's Reputation Rabbid Waffles is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Rabbid Waffles Send a message via MSN to Rabbid Waffles
07-27-2010

Animatage and Black Box are the only montages on here with an original concept...
How can a jump montage that is third in its series where they are all similar win a "Most Original" contest (even though the clips themselves are completely new and orgininal)
There is absolutely nothing like Animatage. its not just custom hud, the whole idea is new.
But its not what is ACTUALLY original, its about what felt new and original to each individual voter, so get the fuck over yourselves
Disclaimer: I do not condone or endorse any of the actions or ideas posted above.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Heathlovesemma

http://www.halo3forum.com/halo-3-vid...les-final.html
Running Reach customs? Need someone to play mlg with? Invite me
Gt: AkujinX

Last edited by Rabbid Waffles; 07-27-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbid Waffles View Post
How can a jump montage that is third in its series where they are all similar win a "Most Original" contest (even though the clips themselves are completely new and orgininal)
God please tell me you are kidding
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StObrist View Post
So hypothetically in a montage world dominated by editing originality, a montage based around gameplay originality in itself would be original?
Depends on how original the gameplay is.