Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Stagga
Level 48
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Stagga
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaggleS View Post
Black Box deserves a couple more votes. It actually has a theme to it which isn't really seen very often, if ever.
I agree with Thaggles, for once.

LBYL3 = some of the craziest jumps I have seen, ever. However, every jump in there is "original", but so is every multikill. In this case, I am equating original to different, but since jumps and multikills cancel each other out in that definition of original, I would basically says that this is sort of a "Most creative editing" contest. It's like saying Dutchy M2 had some of the craziest multikills I have seen, so it wins most original.

I'm sort of ranting and not making sense here, but I hope you get what I mean when I say that LBYL3 doesn't deserve to win on most original.

The animatage reminded me of crappy flash games and animations I used to play when I was 10, so I'm not voting for that either. It's tedious and backbreaking to create a new HUD, but not original.

Therefore, Black Box wins this for me because it had effects I would never even dream or think of. I mean, I could definitely think of adding a reticule or status bar to a no HUD clip, but those angles, scan lines, masking, etc.? No way, Jose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
stagga stood with his palms in a sweat
wetter than eminems, i would bet
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
he'll be drowned in a pussy quartet
ThaggleS
The one and only!
Subtract from ThaggleS's ReputationAdd to ThaggleS's Reputation ThaggleS is on the rise to fame ThaggleS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ThaggleS Send a message via Skype™ to ThaggleS
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy412 View Post
That's the one I voted for
I voted for LBYL3 because I want to give it a better chance of winning something because it definitely does deserve a fair amount of recognition (not that it hasn't earned that already) but I feel that their hard work should (literally) pay off.
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
Voting for your own video is kind of childish and not very sporting.
Sportsmanship is childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QsK Carnage View Post
Jumping has been done before, it's not original to do something other people do.
holy shit

Props to BPNick and Muff1n for actually posting constructively.

Still waiting for judges to voice their opinions on entries, tho...

bbl
theBiPoLaR NiCk
Level 24
Subtract from theBiPoLaR NiCk's ReputationAdd to theBiPoLaR NiCk's Reputation theBiPoLaR NiCk is a novice
Send a message via AIM to theBiPoLaR NiCk Send a message via Yahoo to theBiPoLaR NiCk
07-27-2010

Quote:
Black Box deserves a couple more votes. It actually has a theme to it which isn't really seen very often, if ever.
Alot of the montages in here have themes to it.

Mine, animatage, LBYL3, etc.

You gotta look beyond the gameplay and see what the overall message, thats the theme my friend. Hell my video was built based on the theme I went for.
thestrangestick
Level 14
Subtract from thestrangestick's ReputationAdd to thestrangestick's Reputation thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
07-27-2010

This flame war is so unnecessary. It's like people are genuinely shocked to find that others have different tastes.

Thomasxp5
Art thou feeling it now?
Subtract from Thomasxp5's ReputationAdd to Thomasxp5's Reputation Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Thomasxp5 Send a message via MSN to Thomasxp5
07-27-2010

Quote:
I voted for LBYL3 because I want to give it a better chance of winning something because it definitely does deserve a fair amount of recognition (not that it hasn't earned that already) but I feel that their hard work should (literally) pay off.
I think it can easily win Best Cinematography Award which is why i voted for animatage instead

WATCH MAI FINAL MAWNTAGE

DoMiNioN
Level 37
Subtract from DoMiNioN's ReputationAdd to DoMiNioN's Reputation DoMiNioN taps Cortana DoMiNioN taps Cortana DoMiNioN taps Cortana DoMiNioN taps Cortana DoMiNioN taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to DoMiNioN
07-27-2010

black box niggas
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
This flame war is so unnecessary. It's like people are genuinely shocked to find that others have different tastes.
They're necessary to expose the weak and thoughtless opinions of others.

"I didn't vote for LBYL3 because jump videos have been made before, and all they did was jump more."

"You're a fkn retard. The creative process it took to manufacture such gameplay is extraordinary. The jumpers didn't have the luxury of having the plays make themselves; they had to create them from scratch."
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
07-27-2010

I feel like it should be between Blackbox and Look Before You Leap for most original. I voted LBYL cuz there's no chance Blackbox will take this. Blackbox is one of the few vids with a well executed and applicable theme, it's slick and polished, and there really aren't any flaws to it. A lot of the other originality candidates are far too amatuer for me to consider voting for unfortunately.
Thomasxp5
Art thou feeling it now?
Subtract from Thomasxp5's ReputationAdd to Thomasxp5's Reputation Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Thomasxp5 Send a message via MSN to Thomasxp5
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipetality_Editing View Post
Won't let me vote? But I would say Animatage.
You need 50 posts....

WATCH MAI FINAL MAWNTAGE