Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from XYOX's ReputationAdd to XYOX's Reputation XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to XYOX
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuFf1n View Post

The drawn HUD has been done before, the editor just took it to a way higher level. Is this original? Not entirely. The way he did things was, but the concept wasn't. The jumps, however, haven't been done before. They were entirely thought up by the jumpers. This is why I think it's more original.

Meh, the way you're doing that, I could say the concept of jumping off debris or little things on the map have been done, even in h2. So their jumps were brought to a new level, but the concept was already there

just sayin
She only comes to me in my dreams
So sleep becomes routine
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

So sleep becomes addicting

ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
07-27-2010

i almost voted for question reality, but then i remembered how much of an asshat that smite kid is so i went with LBYL3.
Rhis
Gucci Bacchae
Subtract from Rhis's ReputationAdd to Rhis's Reputation Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy412 View Post
Meh, the way you're doing that, I could say the concept of jumping off debris or little things on the map have been done, even in h2. So their jumps were brought to a new level, but the concept was already there

just sayin
Saved me the trouble of saying it.

LBYL3 has all the reasons to be the most original, don't start making shitty arguements.

Regards,
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
07-27-2010

Quote:
You were wrong. There was no argument between us, and I wasn't, nor did I have to, defend myself. You just had ZERO clue as to the point of my posts and just jumped in asking me about it
Apparently, I'm wrong in whatever fictional land you live in. I don't see how someone can be "wrong" when they didn't actually make a point that could have been labeled as right or wrong, I was just trying to see what you were getting at with your comments. And yeah, I DO have no clue what the point of your posts were, that's why I was asking you.
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from XYOX's ReputationAdd to XYOX's Reputation XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOVERKiLLx117x View Post
Apparently, I'm wrong in whatever fictional land you live in. I don't see how someone can be "wrong" when they didn't actually make a point that could have been labeled as right or wrong, I was just trying to see what you were getting at with your comments. And yeah, I DO have no clue what the point of your posts were, that's why I was asking you.

Dude, I'm messaging you on aim RIGHT NOW and you still post in here? bleh. You were wrong in thinking what I said had anything to do with the contest. Because it didn't. If you had to ask where I was coming from, you didn't know what I was talking about. Now why are ignoring me on aim?
So sleep becomes routine

xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
07-27-2010

Quote:
Dude, I'm messaging you on aim RIGHT NOW and you still post in here? bleh. You were wrong in thinking what I said had anything to do with the contest. Because it didn't. If you had to ask where I was coming from, you didn't know what I was talking about. Now why are ignoring me on aim?
because I have long since lost any interest in what your point was/what point you were trying to make.
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
07-27-2010

Quote:
because I have long since lost any interest in what your point was/what point you were trying to make.
Would've been a lot easier if you could read
So sleep becomes routine

NickV
THF VIP Member
Subtract from NickV's ReputationAdd to NickV's Reputation NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

Quote:

just sayin
It's not hard to think of a HUD that has a cartoonish style, but it is hard to even search for a cone that could land there when you do this or that. That's where the creativity comes in. Sure you can say making a cartoon styled HUD also takes creativity, but not on the level as the jumps.

Just saying.
Quote:
I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm saying that this debate is unneccessary. Did you also not read the words "why I think that..." and "why I think this..."?
RIP EvilLilElmo

Married to terv
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuFf1n View Post
It's not hard to think of a HUD that has a cartoonish style, but it is hard to even search for a cone that could land there when you do this or that. That's where the creativity comes in. Sure you can say making a cartoon styled HUD also takes creativity, but not on the level as the jumps.

Just saying.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm saying that this debate is retarded. Did you also not read the words "why I think that..." and "why I think this..."?

lol muffin, he quoted ME

On your first part, difficulty doesn't have anything to do with originality. If it's REALLY easy, but STILL NEW then it's just as original than if something is extremely difficult but STILL NEW
So sleep becomes routine

ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
07-27-2010

i didnt read any of this argument but shut up.