Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Yahweh
Level 13
Subtract from Yahweh's ReputationAdd to Yahweh's Reputation Yahweh is a novice
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy412 View Post
Agreed

Elaborate

Well we couldn't use a bird to help us in-game anyway

My point was, that after seven years of killing montages being released with the same headshots, multi-kills, and sticks - all with little variation in execution - it seems strange that people would find these videos more original than something that invokes the standard physics and animations in different, thought-provoking, ways. If I were to see gameplay with at least any sort of creativity to it anymore, I'd be more than happy to vote for it. For example, back in halo 2 when sticky launching was popular. That used to drive me bat-sh.t because of all the crazy ways people would come up with doing those. It's not so much a bird per se, but the overall concept of originality in gameplay.

Granted certain videos can come back from that problem with originality in the editing, but I don't believe a video should be entirely about the editing. It needs a healthy mix of both editing and substantial, original, subject matter. Sort of like inception if you've seen it.

Anyway, that's my take, and you probably wont agree with it. So I'm done.

kapowftw 2:32 pm
(2:32:45 PM): you should have said you could find jesus in her ass
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-27-2010

Quote:
You find it strange that he thinks this is an editing centered award?
It's not an editing award.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Creativity is different from originality.

People don't appreciate this.
There is hardly a difference between the two in the English language. Originally, the award was called "Most Original and Creative Entry", but upon further review of the semantics, we realized it was incredibly redundant. It's like calling a tower "big and huge". This is why we changed it to just "Most Original Entry".

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 07-27-2010 at 02:28 PM.
PackieIX
Empathy Overload
Subtract from PackieIX's ReputationAdd to PackieIX's Reputation PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to PackieIX
07-27-2010

omg dutchy no scoped up purple for the killtac, then the troc down on the floor of Cstruct. Never seen that shit before, FUck, thats original shit right there. Dutchy M2 for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post

Edit: No penises. Not even clipart versions.
- Nv1

xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
07-27-2010

Quote:
Well you're officially dumb because I'm not arguing the videos worth in the competition. retard
Real mature. You can't defend yourself in an arguement, so you just mindlessly spew generic insults.
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackieIX View Post
omg dutchy no scoped up purple for the killtac, then the troc down on the floor of Cstruct. Never seen that sh.t before, f..k, thats original sh.t right there. Dutchy M2 for this.
Jumps and gameplay cannot be compared like that, I don't see how people do not understand this...
NickV
THF VIP Member
Subtract from NickV's ReputationAdd to NickV's Reputation NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

So let's sum this up:

The jumps aren't original because there are numerous jump video's? There have been numerous frag video's with a custom HUD too. Does this solve it? Nope. I'm now going to type out exactly why I think LBYL3 is more original than Animatage:

Animatage constist out of this: Multikills that have been done before, normal transitions, no effects appart from the custom HUD and placing all the things in the right position, give it the right movement and timing.

LBYL3 consists of this: a regular showcase of jumps like we see in alot of jump video's and jumps that are never been done, which requires alot of creativity and originality.

The drawn HUD has been done before, the editor just took it to a way higher level. Is this original? Not entirely. The way he did things was, but the concept wasn't. The jumps, however, haven't been done before. They were entirely thought up by the jumpers. This is why I think it's more original.
RIP EvilLilElmo

Married to terv
StObrist
Level 28
Subtract from StObrist's ReputationAdd to StObrist's Reputation StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin'
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahweh View Post
My point was, that after seven years of killing montages being released with the same headshots, multi-kills, and sticks - all with little variation in execution - it seems strange that people would find these videos more original than something that invokes the standard physics and animations in different, thought-provoking, ways. If I were to see gameplay with at least any sort of creativity to it anymore, I'd be more than happy to vote for it.
S a L a Y a

XYOX
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from XYOX's ReputationAdd to XYOX's Reputation XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to XYOX
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
It's not an editing award.

I didn't say it was? Not sure why you quoted me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackieIX View Post
omg dutchy no scoped up purple for the killtac, then the troc down on the floor of Cstruct. Never seen that sh.t before, f.ck, thats original sh.t right there. Dutchy M2 for this.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOVERKiLLx117x View Post
Real mature. You can't defend yourself in an arguement, so you just mindlessly spew generic insults.
hahahaAHAHhaAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You were wrong. There was no argument between us, and I wasn't, nor did I have to, defend myself. You just had ZERO clue as to the point of my posts and just jumped in asking me about it
She only comes to me in my dreams
So sleep becomes routine
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

She only comes to me in my dreams

So sleep becomes addicting
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

.HeLiX.
Level 31
Subtract from .HeLiX.'s ReputationAdd to .HeLiX.'s Reputation .HeLiX. IS OVER 9000 .HeLiX. IS OVER 9000 .HeLiX. IS OVER 9000 .HeLiX. IS OVER 9000 .HeLiX. IS OVER 9000 .HeLiX. IS OVER 9000 .HeLiX. IS OVER 9000 .HeLiX. IS OVER 9000 .HeLiX. IS OVER 9000 .HeLiX. IS OVER 9000 .HeLiX. IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to .HeLiX.
07-27-2010

a ni muh taj
ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
07-27-2010

i still have to think about this one.