Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from XYOX's ReputationAdd to XYOX's Reputation XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to XYOX
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Tuffy, I guess I'm just a little confused as to how you are judging originality if it's not by the content of the video. You said you are judging the video as a whole? Well, duh. But the individual clips are what make up the whole video. If you have 20 original clips, then your video is going to be original. Just because you've seen a trick jump before, doesn't mean that our trick jumps aren't original. The majority of our trick jumps are ideas that have never been thought of and have never been done before. I.E. the individual clips that MAKE UP the whole picture are original. It's a weak point saying "since jump videos have been before, and this is a jump video then it must not be original."

But once again, I'm not really sure the point you were trying to make lol. Maybe I am agreeing with here, but for some reason it came off like you were trying to say LBYL3 wasn't original because it is a jump video.

I kinda just feel like individual jumps are original, but a jumping video is not. When I gave the guardian overkill example, that's an original clip, but I wouldn't call the montage original if it was full of those clips IF it was produced in the same standard montage format.
She only comes to me in my dreams
So sleep becomes routine
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

So sleep becomes addicting

Andrew
I am the liquor
Subtract from Andrew's ReputationAdd to Andrew's Reputation Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

*Holds clutched fist in the air*
Animatage supports follow me to the finish line for most original video.

CaptainCrunch
Level 13
Subtract from CaptainCrunch's ReputationAdd to CaptainCrunch's Reputation CaptainCrunch is a novice
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy412 View Post
I kinda just feel like individual jumps are original, but a jumping video is not. When I gave the guardian overkill example, that's an original clip, but I wouldn't call the montage original if it was full of those clips IF it was produced in the same standard montage format.
Well then what did you vote for? Because from what I can tell, the only types of videos up there are either montages of kills, or jumping video(s). So you either A) have a different list or B) aren't voting for anything because nothing is original.

Like I said, it's the individual clips that make originality, not the genre of the video. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. Nobody has made a new type of video, so by your logic, nobody is original. Unless you mean that what they did in their videos is original, and yes, what we did in LBYL3 was original lol.
~CaptainCrunch41
Stagga
Level 48
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Stagga
07-27-2010

Quote:
So wait.....

You want a Team Snipers clip in a jumptage?

As for Captain Crunch, idk.... it just seems like most frags/clips aren't "ORIGINAL", so most of these montages here are creative in the editing sense.

The Animatage, like I said, took what was there already. Black Box contained ideas made from scratch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
stagga stood with his palms in a sweat
wetter than eminems, i would bet
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
he'll be drowned in a pussy quartet
terv
YOU AINT GOT NO YEEZY?!!
Subtract from terv's ReputationAdd to terv's Reputation terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XXL View Post
Last time i will say this.
Jump videos have been done maaaaaaaaaaaaaany times. This jump video just happens to be the best and have the best clips. Just because the jumps were amazing does not make it original. Like i said before that is like saying Kampy's Apex was original because it was so much better then all the other videos like it, social tages. Original means to be different, stand out, be the first, and that is exactly what the Animatage was. Bye.
You can't seriously be this dense, can you?
GT: ayy terv

http://www.youtube.com/user/PAYN3isTehSecks
Subscribe plz (:
Married to NickV
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from XYOX's ReputationAdd to XYOX's Reputation XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Well then what did you vote for? Because from what I can tell, the only types of videos up there are either montages of kills, or jumping video(s). So you either A) have a different list or B) aren't voting for anything because nothing is original.

Like I said, it's the individual clips that make originality, not the genre of the video. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. Nobody has made a new type of video, so by your logic, nobody is original. Unless you mean that what they did in their videos is original, and yes, what we did in LBYL3 was original lol.
Maybe an easier thing to say would be, what was in LBYL3 that was SO creative, compared to LBYL2 or any other jumping video, besides the jumps themselves? Because ALL jumping videos have jumps never been done before, what makes THIS one so special?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldYrPistlSTR8 View Post
So wait.....

You want a Team Snipers clip in a jumptage?
I would like you to quote me where I said that please.
So sleep becomes routine

ownaaja
Custom user title
Subtract from ownaaja's ReputationAdd to ownaaja's Reputation ownaaja is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ownaaja Send a message via MSN to ownaaja Send a message via Skype™ to ownaaja
07-27-2010

Look before you leap 3 gets my vote.

Visit my website

| CoolerMaster 690 II Advanced | Phenom II x4 965 3,4 GHz | NH-U12P SE2 | M4A785TD-V EVO |500GB WD Caviar Green + 3x 500GB WD Caviar Blue 7200 rpm RAID 0 |
| Corsair 650HX 650W | 6GB 1066 Kingston | HIS Radeon HD 5870 1Gb | Asus VH242H 1080p | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Razer Lycosa + Habu |

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldYrPistlSTR8 View Post
LBYL3..... I won't go there, because I know those jumps were extremely creative, but I think this is an editing-centered award more than gameplay-centered.
It's both. Not just editing, and not just gameplay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll PAYN3 ll View Post
You can't seriously be this dense, can you?
He's been doing it all day.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 07-27-2010 at 01:58 PM.
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
07-27-2010

Quote:
Maybe an easier thing to say would be, what was in LBYL3 that was SO creative, compared to LBYL2 or any other jumping video, besides the jumps themselves? Because ALL jumping videos have jumps never been done before, what makes THIS one so special?
Why does it need to be better than those other ones? They're not in the competition
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOVERKiLLx117x View Post
Why does it need to be better than those other ones? They're not in the competition
It doesn't have to be better?
So sleep becomes routine