Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XXL View Post
Last time i will say this.
Jump videos have been done maaaaaaaaaaaaaany times. This jump video just happens to be the best and have the best clips. Just because the jumps were amazing does not make it original. Like i said before that is like saying Kampy's Apex was original because it was so much better then all the other videos like it, social tages. Original means to be different, stand out, be the first, and that is exactly what the Animatage was. Bye.
1. Multi-Kill montages (Every single video in this competition) have been done 1000000x more times. Checkmate.

2. TONS of creativity go into these jumps, unlike multi-kills, they are un-comparable in the way you're trying to make it. Unlike multi-kills, you will never see the same jump twice

3. Custom HUD has been around for a lonnnngg time, I've seen every effect in the animatage done in at least another form at least one time, the only thing I saw that I hadn't ever seen before was the flaming eyes transition. And this leads onto my next point. You said to be original, they have to BE DIFFERENT, well... LBYL3 did exactly that, I gaurantee, minus one or two jumps that people stole because the video got leaked a little early at one time, you have never seen any one of those jumps before.

/rant.
SpaZZ
Level 26
Subtract from SpaZZ's ReputationAdd to SpaZZ's Reputation SpaZZ is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SpaZZ
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
minus one or two jumps that people stole because the video got leaked a little early at one time, you have never seen any one of those jumps before.
I've seen 95% of all the jumps in the video already. Therefore nothing surprised me for the video so Animatage got my vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
My polo game isn't even fair.
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
07-27-2010

How are jump montages less original than regular montages?
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaZZ View Post
I've seen 95% of all the jumps in the video already. Therefore nothing surprised me for the video so Animatage got my vote.
Unless you saw the leaked version (which shouldnt matter since its the same video) thats bullshit.
SpaZZ
Level 26
Subtract from SpaZZ's ReputationAdd to SpaZZ's Reputation SpaZZ is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SpaZZ
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
Unless you saw the leaked version (which shouldnt matter since its the same video) thats bullsh.t.
Unless you know people in the clan and they show you jumps, thats bullshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
My polo game isn't even fair.
RoboSteeze
Level 37
Subtract from RoboSteeze's ReputationAdd to RoboSteeze's Reputation RoboSteeze is a novice
Send a message via AIM to RoboSteeze
07-27-2010

I'm a little confused. Black Box and LBYL stick out far beyond the others.

Animatage sure had a lot of work put into it, but it wasn't original...
3D services, mentoring, etc! Send me a PM

Aim: RobotikDesigns

QsK Carnage
Level 33
Subtract from QsK Carnage's ReputationAdd to QsK Carnage's Reputation QsK Carnage is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QsK Carnage
07-27-2010

By the pure definition LBYL3 doesn't even really qualify for this category. Jumping is a thing, lots of people do it, it's not original.

Although, if you want to say the techniques they used and the things they were able to accomplish, it still doesn't qualify for this category. Because jumping in montages is considered to be "gameplay" and since that is the case, Dutchy, and anyone with gameplay that hasn't been previously seen before would be nominated with this category.

I can see why this would get some votes for being original, some of the things they did (the brute shots shooting some guy to the top of the map) was cool, yes...but it doesn't even compare to a video like the animatage which oozes originality.

Standards
Level 47
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSteeze View Post
I'm a little confused. Black Box and LBYL stick out far beyond the others.

Animatage sure had a lot of work put into it, but it wasn't original...
Sums it up very nicely.
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
07-27-2010

By the pure definition, none of the videos even really qualify for this category. Shooting people and jumping are things, lots of people do it, it's not original.
Standards
Level 47
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOVERKiLLx117x View Post
By the pure definition, none of the videos even really qualify for this category. Shooting people and jumping are things, lots of people do it, it's not original.
But these are the most original of the bunch