Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010

Display Modes Thread Tools
Red Bull Sniper
Level 28
Subtract from Red Bull Sniper's ReputationAdd to Red Bull Sniper's Reputation Red Bull Sniper is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Red Bull Sniper
07-21-2010

the difference between lbyl and gp in neighbor/hysteria or 3 is the difference between making a video demonstration of your martial arts skills on a trampoline and having a camera crew follow you around the tokyo underground as you pick fights ninjas and crime lords.
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSpartan View Post
Why do I feel that people will misinterpret the meaning of "cinematography"....
You mean the judges?

muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
07-21-2010

Quote:
Easy, man. Gameplay is only two syllables and look how that's going.
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-21-2010

Quote:
We'll define it (along with all the other sub-categories) when we make the voting thread/poll. The explanation will be at the top in big bold letters.
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by muRda View Post
(being able to get into games vs. pros or selling off sexual and scandalous photos of yourself for 1 months <-- looking at you, Dutchy, you sexy sonouvab..ch)
You promised not to put my pic in your sig ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
"Gameplay"

definition: the playing of a game

which in this case, is Halo 3. Gameplay covers their jumps.

"Footage" is too vague because it doesn't distinguish itself between the clips themselves and cinematography well enough.
yeah but gameplay has waaay too many letters.
join the revolution.

Spoiler!
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crest View Post
You mean the judges?
No, I mean the voters. The judges got the nominations right, but I feel that the category wont be fully understood by the voters, leading to a more random selection of a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
We'll define it (along with all the other sub-categories) when we make the voting thread/poll. The explanation will be at the top in big bold letters.
Thank you
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDuTchY View Post

yeah but gameplay has waaay too many letters.
Footage
Gameplay

Fuck, you're right.
QsK Carnage
Level 33
Subtract from QsK Carnage's ReputationAdd to QsK Carnage's Reputation QsK Carnage is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QsK Carnage
07-21-2010

LBYL3 was amazing, don't get me wrong...but they can create situations in a manner so that they can be duplicated over and over and over, and to their liking.

They had it down to a science, timing, where to aim, where to stand...they didn't have many variables, and when they did (jumping off things) if they failed, they could start off right at the beginning and have the same shot at the jump they are trying to make.

When you're playing Halo and you have a triple and someone is shooting you for your overkill, if you fail, you don't have another shot at it, you can't go back and re-try it. Sure you can in "theory". You can go back and play more and play more to get more situations like that, but personally I've probably only encountered about 10 situations like that in my 2 years of playing Halo.

Now, this is being compared to something where if you fail, you can try over again. I don't think that makes much sense...but that's just me, and my opinions are sometimes outlandish and off-the-wall.

SpaZZ
Level 26
Subtract from SpaZZ's ReputationAdd to SpaZZ's Reputation SpaZZ is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SpaZZ
07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXpiReD v2 View Post
jumping sh.t isnt hard, just barely anyone does it so they dont do it. The LBYL dudes just do that all day everyday.
Overjump double ghost. Land it. Oops sorry must've lost you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
My polo game isn't even fair.
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bull Sniper View Post
the difference between lbyl and gp in neighbor/hysteria or 3 is the difference between making a video demonstration of your martial arts skills on a trampoline and having a camera crew follow you around the tokyo underground as you pick fights ninjas and crime lords.
Would you like another go? Analogous arguing sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDuTchY View Post
The decor is for you.

And from me. <3