Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010

Display Modes Thread Tools
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bull Sniper View Post
does best gameplay mean most skill demonstrated or just most interesting to watch?

neighbor/hysteria had hands down the sickest clips IMO. dutchy m2 and contractus gp were amazing in a different way.

editz: even if those jumps took mad skillz, they are done in a controlled setting. they can be practiced again and again to perfection...
People practice normally in Halo for every type of gameplay. Some even play in a controlled setting for help with strafing or strategies. Again, gameplay doesn't necessarily mean kills. And even then, does practice some how make it void? What they managed to do was incredible and would take anyone a whole lot of time and skill to recreate. Same with any other form of gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXpiReD v2 View Post
jumping sh.t isnt hard, just barely anyone does it so they dont do it. The LBYL dudes just do that all day everyday.

shouldnt be in the best GP imo.

It wont win it so thats all that matters.
You don't want to do this.

Last edited by Crest; 07-21-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crest View Post
People practice normally in Halo for every type of gameplay. Some even play in a controlled setting for help with strafing or strategies. Again, gameplay doesn't necessarily mean kills. And even then, does practice some how make it void? What they managed to do was incredible and would take anyone a whole lot of time and skill to recreate. Same with any other form of gameplay.
Yes. LBYL3 for best gameplay, I love my MLG Pro gameplay and all, but fuck, LBYL3 give's me a massive hard-on every time.
Red Bull Sniper
Level 28
Subtract from Red Bull Sniper's ReputationAdd to Red Bull Sniper's Reputation Red Bull Sniper is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Red Bull Sniper
07-21-2010

the man jumped off a seagull. sham-on-ee. maybe it should get an honorable mention of some kind but if it wins best gp the consequences will never the same. i am serious.
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
07-21-2010

Judges dun goofed.

briansoupy
Level 31
Subtract from briansoupy's ReputationAdd to briansoupy's Reputation briansoupy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to briansoupy Send a message via Skype™ to briansoupy
07-21-2010

I might actually vote R3 for best editing.
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'
Quote:
to say god, is to sing god
to sing to god, is to draw near to god
to the nearness that is god
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crest View Post
Judges dun goofed.
I'm reporting you to the Cyber Police

and to the State Police.
x Synergy
Level 19
Subtract from x Synergy's ReputationAdd to x Synergy's Reputation x Synergy is a novice
Send a message via ICQ to x Synergy Send a message via AIM to x Synergy Send a message via MSN to x Synergy Send a message via Yahoo to x Synergy Send a message via Skype™ to x Synergy
07-21-2010

Just so you guys know, this competition isn't even real. Why, YOU'RE not even real.

This competition is just the start of a kick, which starts when the judges reveal the winner to this contest. You will all be so surprised from who won this competition that you will fall backwards in your chair, and the feeling of falling will initiate the "kick", which will wake you all up from what you thought was reality.

I'm sorry guys i just saw "INCEPTION" and it blew my f..king mind. Truly a great movie. Anyways, i'll get on topic so the moderators aren't further upset with me. Good luck to all entries, this competition truly shined providing us with amazing creations. It's going to be one tough voting round.
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
07-21-2010

The creativity and delivery of even a single jump from that video beats the hell out of whatever miniscule effort a lot of editors put into similar elements with their entries.

And for arguing about controlled settings or repeating tricks, have you not seen the shit thrown around in this section with ridiculously pointless Octagon or w/e footage or even the amount of 1 months and w/e else people go through to gather clips?

LBYL3 is the best fkn video in this competition. It won't win, but it most definitely is deserving.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
07-21-2010

but if you can practice it over and over its not as hard as it seems. Im sure if I spent 4 hours a day jumping I could land it once every 30 tries.
Red Bull Sniper
Level 28
Subtract from Red Bull Sniper's ReputationAdd to Red Bull Sniper's Reputation Red Bull Sniper is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Red Bull Sniper
07-21-2010

neighsteria 4 best gp