Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010

Display Modes Thread Tools
LoS Br33zY
Level 11
Subtract from LoS Br33zY's ReputationAdd to LoS Br33zY's Reputation LoS Br33zY is a novice
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill454 View Post
I'm surprised LBYL3 got cinematography..

Cinematography isn't just angles people :/
I love you sometimes but not right now. Honestly LBYL3 should've gotten in for cinematography. It shouldn't win IMO but it had some of the better angles of the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBiPoLaR NiCk View Post
If I may ask, what about it is so unoriginal?
The whole thing really didn't have anything new. The Montage on Demand thing was a phenomenal idea and perfectly executed. However, the rest of the montage had basically the same effects as most other montages.
Gamertag: LoS Br33zY
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoS Br33zY View Post
I love you sometimes but not right now. Honestly LBYL3 should've gotten in for cinematography. It shouldn't win IMO but it had some of the better angles of the competition.

The whole thing really didn't have anything new. The Montage on Demand thing was a phenomenal idea and perfectly executed. However, the rest of the montage had basically the same effects as most other montages.
I haven't seen many Halo videos that use a classical score, mute all clip audio and add all sound effects manually, with that very distinct filter.
LoS Br33zY
Level 11
Subtract from LoS Br33zY's ReputationAdd to LoS Br33zY's Reputation LoS Br33zY is a novice
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
I haven't seen many Halo videos that use a classical score, mute all clip audio and add all sound effects manually, with that very distinct filter.
Maybe you won't find the filter on H3F but look around, you will find some. And my cap card doesn't even get any audio so if I ever made another montage, I guarantee that it would not have any audio. And the classical score may have been a little more uncommon but its not completely original.
Gamertag: LoS Br33zY
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoS Br33zY View Post
Maybe you won't find the filter on H3F but look around, you will find some. And my cap card doesn't even get any audio so if I ever made another montage, I guarantee that it would not have any audio. And the classical score may have been a little more uncommon but its not completely original.
Taking what I said earlier into consideration, along with his very original intro, and combined with his very distinct way of time warping his cinematography, I'd say without a doubt it is one of the competition's most original entries.
StObrist
Level 28
Subtract from StObrist's ReputationAdd to StObrist's Reputation StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin'
07-22-2010

Lol at time warp being original.

Was gameplay given any consideration in terms of originality, or was everybody just sh.tting themselves over filters and different color huds?
S a L a Y a

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StObrist View Post
Lol at time warp being original.

Was gameplay given any consideration in terms of originality, or was everybody just sh.tting themselves over filters and different color huds?
The only original gameplay in this competition is Look Before You Leap 3, so I'm not going to hold anything against Bipolar Nick because of that. Besides, since clips are generally very similar (with some exceptions), that award generally applies to presentation.

-Intro was 100% originality and executed very well

-Score was refreshingly original. I can't think of another video that used a score similar to this video.

-The stylish video filter was very original

-1 22 to 1 43, he has this really cool and distinct timewarp/cutting style that is very original. He does this throughout the body as well; very cool

-Because he muted all the clips and added sound effects manually, the absence of some normal sound effects and the emphasis of certain effects rendered a very creative way that you experience his footage

-The credits were about as original as the intro; who does that kind of stuff these days? Only Bipolar Nick, apparently.

His video is incredibly original.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 07-22-2010 at 03:49 PM.
StObrist
Level 28
Subtract from StObrist's ReputationAdd to StObrist's Reputation StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin'
07-22-2010

I never said his video wasn't orginal, I wasn't even just referring to him or trying to single him out. I was just curious whether or not gameplay was taken into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
The only original gameplay in this competition is Look Before You Leap 3.
I received a lot of good feedback on my tage for having original gameplay, it didn't get very many views but as a judge I would hope you are familiar with the entries. In fact your comment was
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy
Nice vid! I always appreciate originality,
Surely you can't be referring to my Vegas editing lol.
S a L a Y a

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StObrist View Post
I never said his video wasn't orginal, I wasn't even just referring to him or trying to single him out. I was just curious whether or not gameplay was taken into consideration.

I received a lot of good feedback on my tage for having original gameplay, it didn't get very many views but as a judge I would hope you are familiar with the entries. In fact your comment was

Surely you can't be referring to my Vegas editing lol.
The competition in this contest is very high, there were a lot of good vids that were strong in certain areas, yet didn't cut the top 7 in that respected category.
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
07-22-2010

The music in Bipolar's video gave me a headache.

Not to mention constant sound effects.

Craigtribe
Level 28
Subtract from Craigtribe's ReputationAdd to Craigtribe's Reputation Craigtribe is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Craigtribe
07-22-2010

voting for Nicholas for best intro <3