Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010

Display Modes Thread Tools
Maple.
Level 27
Subtract from Maple.'s ReputationAdd to Maple.'s Reputation Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to Maple.
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXpiReD v2 View Post
no they dont..
You are looking at 10% of what goes in to doing the jumps.

The other 90% is finding the spot where you can do it perfectly or just creating a specific series of maneuvers to successfully land it.

Try it yourself. Look at an area where you would like to reach then try to create a parkour to get there. It's not that easy and could easily take more time and creativity to achieve then any montage clip. Not only do you want to incorporate other elements that add to the challenge such as jumping off a bird but you need to do something no one has ever seen. Creating something completely original and new is hard when you have to time everything so perfectly.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
07-22-2010

Heres my picks after watching all the things in each category:

Best Intro: Dutchy M2 (This is war gives me chills ) with Frenetic Array being the runnerup (Song is epic, Inception trailer <3)
Most Original: The Animatage with Black Box right behind.
Best Cinematography: Black Box with Contractus in second.
Best Gameplay: Neighbor+Hysteria with Contractus in second. Contractus' gameplay might not of been as good as Dutchy's but it was presented way better, props to Nv1ncible.
Best Editing
: Contractus, Black Box in second.
Best Video: 1st: Contractus, 2nd: Black Box, 3rd: Refuse 2 Lose

Refuse 2 Lose should of been nominated in one of the sub categories and it most likely won't get anywhere near the top 3 best videos, but it was very good and Konnvict should get some recognition.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple. View Post
You are looking at 10% of what goes in to doing the jumps.

The other 90% is finding the spot where you can do it perfectly or just creating a specific series of maneuvers to successfully land it.

Try it yourself. Look at an area where you would like to reach then try to create a parkour to get there. It's not that easy and could easily take more time and creativity to achieve then any montage clip. Not only do you want to incorporate other elements that add to the challenge such as jumping off a bird but you need to do something no one has ever seen. Creating something completely original and new is hard when you have to time everything so perfectly.
I get what you mean about doing all that. It still doesn't change my opinion. If I were to start doing this I wouldnt find it hard after a little practice. The majority of other people wouldn't either.

Heres the difference:

Almost anyone can jump a shit ton and be good at it.
Not everyone can be good at the game from playing a lot, you need to be naturally talented.

Also I know you are saying some people that jump as much as you do or even more can't do jumps as good. Maybe they are just really bad at the game. If you got all the best halo players in the world, and made them do jumps for a year, they would pull off shit way better then this more than likely. Its not a matter of skill.

/rant
Maple.
Level 27
Subtract from Maple.'s ReputationAdd to Maple.'s Reputation Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to Maple.
07-22-2010

Quote:
I get what you mean about doing all that. It still doesn't change my opinion. If I were to start doing this I wouldnt find it hard after a little practice. The majority of other people wouldn't either.

Heres the difference:

Almost anyone can jump a sh.t ton and be good at it.
Not everyone can be good at the game from playing a lot, you need to be naturally talented.

Also I know you are saying some people that jump as much as you do or even more can't do jumps as good. Maybe they are just really bad at the game. If you got all the best halo players in the world, and made them do jumps for a year, they would pull off sh.t way better then this more than likely. Its not a matter of skill.

/rant
You totally disregarded what I just said but ok.
killerxjake
Level 11
Subtract from killerxjake's ReputationAdd to killerxjake's Reputation killerxjake is a novice
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple. View Post
You totally disregarded what I just said but ok.
its ok, he disregarded my post too
KiMo
Level 19
Subtract from KiMo's ReputationAdd to KiMo's Reputation KiMo is a novice
Send a message via AIM to KiMo Send a message via Skype™ to KiMo
07-22-2010

Um actually if you throw a grenade in the EXACT same place then the cone will fly the EXACT same way. It's called game physics and it doesn't change every time you press the L trigger lol

Don't get me wrong, I know how long it takes to do some of these jumps, and I agree with it being up there for best gameplay, but I don't think it should take 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Jumping is difficult but when it comes down to it, it's just practicing the same thing over and over. The difference is with clips against other people, you don't have time to set up, and the variables are constantly changing because you don't have control over them. In jumping it's all up to you...

Having said that, here are my pics.

Best Intro Award
-"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson

Most Original Award
-"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick

Best Cinematography Award
-"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3

Best Gameplay Award
-"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire

Best Editing Award
-"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson

Best Overall Video
-"Dutchy M2"

Twitter l DevArt

GT: Kimo x Swelly
Smashwat
Level 13
Subtract from Smashwat's ReputationAdd to Smashwat's Reputation Smashwat is a novice
07-22-2010

Quote:

Heres the difference:

Almost anyone can jump a sh.t ton and be good at it.

Also I know you are saying some people that jump as much as you do or even more can't do jumps as good. Maybe they are just really bad at the game. If you got all the best halo players in the world, and made them do jumps for a year, they would pull off sh.t way better then this more than likely. Its not a matter of skill.

/rant
You are so wrong. Almost anyone can jump a shit ton and be good at it? Is that a fucking joke? Do you know the amount of effort they put in to LBYL3? Even if it DID take hundreds of takes to get the jump, at least they pulled it off. I would love to see you pull off HALF of those jumps with a year of practice.

It's better to live one day as a lion,
Than a thousand years as a lamb.
KiMo
Level 19
Subtract from KiMo's ReputationAdd to KiMo's Reputation KiMo is a novice
Send a message via AIM to KiMo Send a message via Skype™ to KiMo
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashwat View Post
You are so wrong. Almost anyone can jump a sh.t ton and be good at it? Is that a f..king joke? Do you know the amount of effort they put in to LBYL3? Even if it DID take hundreds of takes to get the jump, at least they pulled it off. I would love to see you pull off HALF of those jumps with a year of practice.
A year of practice? I would be able to make them in my sleep. A YEAR? come on now.

although I do think Expired's point is kinda dumb...i mean, if we gave all the best players in the world a YEAR to get clips and made one big montage it would be better than all of those up there.. (legacy any1?)

I think the difference between the 2 kinds of vids is Trick Jumping allows you to be more creative than regular tages. It's like virtual Parkour lol

Twitter l DevArt

GT: Kimo x Swelly

Last edited by KiMo; 07-22-2010 at 11:23 AM.
thestrangestick
Level 14
Subtract from thestrangestick's ReputationAdd to thestrangestick's Reputation thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
07-22-2010

Personally I think Frenetic Array should win best cinematography, not best editing. The editing seriously detracted from the gameplay, to the extent that it was like watching an overly long trailer (especially with the music choice). I'm not sure why Rewind 3 got a nomination for editing (other than the SICK intro) but I'll be voting for Black Box in that category anyway.

Saudi Kill3r
Level 12
Subtract from Saudi Kill3r's ReputationAdd to Saudi Kill3r's Reputation Saudi Kill3r is a novice
07-22-2010

oh fuck i forgot fin 1