Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010

Display Modes Thread Tools
Doodlepop
Level 9000
Subtract from Doodlepop's ReputationAdd to Doodlepop's Reputation Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Doodlepop Send a message via Yahoo to Doodlepop
07-16-2009

heheehehehehehehehe
XBL - Stoodlepop :: PSN - MindlesssDribble

Witness the future of classic Halo content. Lost In Time.
KennethlongnecK
Goin' huge.
Subtract from KennethlongnecK's ReputationAdd to KennethlongnecK's Reputation KennethlongnecK is a novice
Send a message via AIM to KennethlongnecK Send a message via MSN to KennethlongnecK
07-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
I wouldn't call them facts considering MLG is bigger and better than it was in h2, and more people total play h3 than h2 when h2 was in its prime, and also because h3 vids are getting 10times the amount of views h2 videos did if you take into consideration other websites such as youtube and mlgpro.

Dualtality breaking 250k on youtube alone, Str8 Rippin breaking 500k on youtube alone, and Invincible, Apex, and many others breaking 150k on each youtube alone. No h2 videos are came close to that in views TOTAL.

If you are so concerned about people losing interest... shouldn't you be in favor of this since we are essentially giving people a reason to stay interested in h3 for a longer period of time?

edit. you are aware that if you take into consideration the ammount of people who watch halo videos outside of this website... halo3 videos are bigger than h2 videos by far (just look at the views on you tube for big videos like Str8 Rippin... hundreds of thousands of views on you tube alone, a number h2 videos couldn't get half of if you total the views from all sites). People won't lose interest anytime soon.

It's cool that you have an opinion.... but you sure as hell aren't stating the facts straight or perceiving them accurately. H3 has a bigger audience overall than h2 did... just not on this particular site.

We are trying to change that. I am not saying h2 videos are worse in any way... I am simply talking about audience size and fan base.
That is only true because MLG has expanded over time anyway, I was talking more about how good the game is and its longevity. I guarantee you out of the pros in the game, the majority of them preferred Halo 1 and 2 to play at events or whatever, and the new kids have only ever known H3. MLG events are simply about the money now, or the social aspect if you don't go to compete seriously. But that isn't even what we're talking about here, its strictly about how interesting H3 videos are, and how much longer they can at least be slightly good for.

Your video along with only a handful others are worthy of a mention when listing the best H3 videos, after the same amount of time that H2 had been on sale, there were probably 10 times the amount of good videos. It's not to do with standards, its to do with the game. And don't get me wrong, you might be thinking if I dislike H3 so much why do I play it and bother posting here, but the truth is the game is still quite fun to play, and its hard to get Halo out of your system when you've been playing it since the beginning.

The bottom line is H3 is not as interesting to watch as the previous two games, and if someone is willing to prove me wrong then go ahead. I look forward to the entries.

edit: Oh and about the whole views/hits thing you keep bringing up, since when does that have anything to do with the quality of the video, any fool can click on a video and watch a bit until they get bored, turn it off, and +1 the view count. H3 has a bigger audience because the fan base grows with each game, that has nothing to do with the quality of videos.

AIM: Kennethlongneck

Last edited by KennethlongnecK; 07-16-2009 at 06:48 PM.
SmuTSmuT
Level 15
Subtract from SmuTSmuT's ReputationAdd to SmuTSmuT's Reputation SmuTSmuT is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SmuTSmuT
07-16-2009

$10 entry fee , I'll still try to enter something prolly for most creative.

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennethlongnecK View Post
That is only true because MLG has expanded over time anyway, I was talking more about how good the game is and its longevity. I guarantee you out of the pros in the game, the majority of them preferred Halo 1 and 2 to play at events or whatever, and the new kids have only ever known H3. MLG events are simply about the money now, or the social aspect if you don't go to compete seriously. But that isn't even what we're talking about here, its strictly about how interesting H3 videos are, and how much longer they can at least be slightly good for.

Your video along with only a handful others are worthy of a mention when listing the best H3 videos, after the same amount of time that H2 had been on sale, there were probably 10 times the amount of good videos. It's not to do with standards, its to do with the game. And don't get me wrong, you might be thinking if I dislike H3 so much why do I play it and bother posting here, but the truth is the game is still quite fun to play, and its hard to get Halo out of your system when you've been playing it since the beginning.

The bottom line is H3 is not as interesting to watch as the previous two games, and if someone is willing to prove me wrong then go ahead. I look forward to the entries.
I added a lot more to my post regarding the audience of halo 3 videos in comparison to the audience for halo 2 videos when halo 2 was in its prime. The numbers verify h3 videos have a much much much larger audience overall and are thus FAR from dying.

Quote:
edit: Oh and about the whole views/hits thing you keep bringing up, since when does that have anything to do with the quality of the video, any fool can click on a video and watch a bit until they get bored, turn it off, and +1 the view count. H3 has a bigger audience because the fan base grows with each game, that has nothing to do with the quality of videos.
We aren't talking about quality... we are talking about (or at least you were originally and which is what I am responding to you about) h3 video community dying due to lack of interest. The numbers verify this won't happen any time soon.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 07-16-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Herbal Teee
Level 32
Subtract from Herbal Teee's ReputationAdd to Herbal Teee's Reputation Herbal Teee is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Herbal Teee
07-16-2009

I'll be a judge.
ya?
KennethlongnecK
Goin' huge.
Subtract from KennethlongnecK's ReputationAdd to KennethlongnecK's Reputation KennethlongnecK is a novice
Send a message via AIM to KennethlongnecK Send a message via MSN to KennethlongnecK
07-16-2009

Quote:
I added a lot more to my post regarding the audience of halo 3 videos in comparison to the audience for halo 2 videos when halo 2 was in its prime. The numbers verify h3 videos have a much much much larger audience overall and are thus FAR from dying.

We aren't talking about quality... we are talking about (or at least you were originally and which is what I am responding to you about) h3 video community dying due to lack of interest. The numbers verify this won't happen any time soon.
You're also forgetting that during Halo 2 there wasn't a primary dedicated Youtube uploader of all the hosted videos, people uploaded their own and so didn't get the views from 'randoms'. Plus people primarily used Z's hosts, and Mythica, which you won't be able to get the figures for now.

And HA, so you are saying, as long as people are still interested, no matter what garbage is being put out, you are happy. That's hilarious.

And before you accuse me of calling everything released garbage, I'm strictly talking about the majority of videos. The occasional one does impress me, but everyone seems to be trying to make the same kind of vid, where has all the humour and simplicity gone?

Last edited by KennethlongnecK; 07-16-2009 at 07:01 PM.
SUICIDALMUFFINS
Level 22
Subtract from SUICIDALMUFFINS's ReputationAdd to SUICIDALMUFFINS's Reputation SUICIDALMUFFINS is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SUICIDALMUFFINS
07-16-2009

Lez get it awn (wrestling announcer voice)

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-16-2009

Quote:
You're also forgetting that during Halo 2 there wasn't a primary dedicated Youtube uploader of all the hosted videos, people uploaded their own and so didn't get the views from 'randoms'.

And HA, so you are saying, as long as people are still interested, no matter what garbage is being put out, you are happy. That's hilarious.
You are putting words in my mouth. If I didn't care about quality, me and TM22 wouldn't be investing time into this competition.

This debate was only regarding the h3 video community losing interest and dying out... and I have supplied you with statistics (the you tube views) that verify that they are not dying out; activity is actually increasing. The quality of the videos were completely irrelevant to this discussion.

I personally think h2 videos are more entertaining than h3 videos because of the game play portion... but the fact that you, me, or anyone else thinks that is not relevant nor implies that the h3 video community is dying out. The numbers regarding activity in the halo 3 video community (the critical proof in this debate) proves that your opinion is in no way a factual, it is merely an opinion which happens to disagree with the actual statistics and trend of the halo video community.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 07-16-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Tezima
Sweaty Kid
Subtract from Tezima's ReputationAdd to Tezima's Reputation Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Tezima Send a message via MSN to Tezima Send a message via Skype™ to Tezima
07-16-2009

FraG, you're a berk.
KennethlongnecK
Goin' huge.
07-16-2009

Quote:
You are putting words in my mouth. If I didn't care about quality, me and TM22 wouldn't be investing time into this competition.

This debate was only regarding the h3 video community losing interest and dying out... and I have supplied you with statistics (the you tube views) that verify that they are not dying out; activity is actually increasing. The quality of the videos were completely irrelevant to this discussion.

I personally think h2 videos are more entertaining than h3 videos because of the game play portion... but the fact that you, me, or anyone else thinks that is not relevant nor implies that the h3 video community is dying out. The numbers regarding activity in the halo 3 video community (the critical proof in this debate) proves that your opinion is in no way a factual, it is merely an opinion which happens to disagree with the actual statistics and trend of the halo video community.
Lets venture back to what I originally said, I was strictly talking about the members of this forum, who are going to be interested in making a video for the next competition, in knowledge that it doesn't need to be ready until next March. I didn't once mention views or audience. You just said H2 videos were/are more entertaining yourself, that was my main point also. The depth of the three games in the series, related to how long the game can stay interesting for. H1 had a new element when the doubleslap was found, and H2 with the BXR and doubleshot. H3 lacks these things, and as a result I don't see any further progression.

I think we have just had a major misunderstanding here.

Last edited by KennethlongnecK; 07-16-2009 at 07:10 PM.