Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
FraGTaLiTy's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Limbo
Posts: 7,716
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
#61
07-16-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoesCallMeJax View Post
Well. In my personal opinion, I think that this will fail. The first one was a great success, but with the deadline a year away, I'm sure many people will lose complete interest and, then on the size factor, there will be so much to do, and I'm not sure that everyone is exactly willing to commit as much as is expected from this. Now this is just what I think. I'm not trying to flame them for doing this, and the first one was great. I hope that it does succeed, I was just stating an opinion, so I hope that none of you randoms tries to jump on the defense reply as soon as I post this.
The first competition was first announced 10 months before the deadline. It was originally 7months... but people needed more time so it got pushed back.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 07-16-2009 at 05:48 PM.
i am SALTRULES
Level 34
i am SALTRULES's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 2,946
Subtract from i am SALTRULES's ReputationAdd to i am SALTRULES's Reputation i am SALTRULES is a novice
Send a message via AIM to i am SALTRULES
#62
07-16-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoesCallMeJax View Post
so I hope that none of you randoms
I always lol when someone calls someone else a random. So fucking stupid.
"To be great is to be misunderstood" Henry David Thoreau


KennethlongnecK
Goin' huge.
KennethlongnecK's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Inglaterra
Posts: 5,501
Subtract from KennethlongnecK's ReputationAdd to KennethlongnecK's Reputation KennethlongnecK is a novice
Send a message via AIM to KennethlongnecK Send a message via MSN to KennethlongnecK
#63
07-16-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
The first competition was first announced 10 months before the deadline. It was originally 7months... but people needed more time so it got pushed back.
Yes but H3 is getting older by the day, and I don't mean that to sound like stating the obvious. What I do mean is that it is only going to be a matter of time before everything possible in the game has been achieved. Lets face it, H3 has nowhere near as much depth as the first two games in the series.

March 2010 is too late in my view, December would be far better. People are always more in the video making mood leading up to the holidays.

AIM: Kennethlongneck

Last edited by KennethlongnecK; 07-16-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Garen
Dunkmaster
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Demacia
Posts: 3,460
Subtract from Garen's ReputationAdd to Garen's Reputation Garen posts before he thinks
#64
07-16-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
The first competition was first announced 10 months before the deadline. It was originally 7months... but people needed more time so it got pushed back.
Hopefully Halo 3 will still be going strong in March 10.
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
FraGTaLiTy's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Limbo
Posts: 7,716
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
#65
07-16-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennethlongnecK View Post
Yes but H3 is getting older by the day, and I don't mean that to sound like stating the obvious. What I do mean is that it is only going to be a matter of time before everything possible in the game has been achieved. Lets face it, H3 has nowhere near as much depth as the first two games in the series.

March 2010 is too late in my view, December would be far better. People are always more in the video making mood leading up to the holidays.
People can submit videos whenever they want... in fact there's a huge video coming out VERY soon... the deadline far away because we have always had to deal with pushing back deadlines in the past because they didn't have enough time. This will not be a problem.

Contests are always at least a year apart... we just decided to give people an early heads up.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 07-16-2009 at 06:02 PM.
MerKuRiaL
Level 30
MerKuRiaL's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 1,814
Subtract from MerKuRiaL's ReputationAdd to MerKuRiaL's Reputation MerKuRiaL is a novice
#66
07-16-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am SALTRULES View Post
I always lol when someone calls someone else a random. So f..king stupid.
I always lol when the person calling someone else a random, is someone that I've never heard of before.
Spoiler!


Signature was too big, hence it was put in spoiler tags. If you want to have your signature space out of spoiler tags, make it smaller (delete quotes or the video).
Snip3rlegend
Level 13
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 147
Subtract from Snip3rlegend's ReputationAdd to Snip3rlegend's Reputation Snip3rlegend is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Snip3rlegend
#67
07-16-2009
Default

And

Here

We

Go!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.


|| TM22 ||
THF VIP Member
|| TM22 ||'s Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 9,881
Subtract from || TM22 ||'s ReputationAdd to || TM22 ||'s Reputation || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000
#68
07-16-2009
Default

Either way March would have been the deadline. We're just giving people more of a heads up and get people more aware of the contest. The first contest JUST ended people; literally 2 weeks ago. March is a logical deadline date.
KennethlongnecK
Goin' huge.
KennethlongnecK's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Inglaterra
Posts: 5,501
Subtract from KennethlongnecK's ReputationAdd to KennethlongnecK's Reputation KennethlongnecK is a novice
Send a message via AIM to KennethlongnecK Send a message via MSN to KennethlongnecK
#69
07-16-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
People can submit videos whenever they want... in fact there's a huge video coming out VERY soon... the deadline far away because we have always had to deal with pushing back deadlines in the past because they didn't have enough time. This will not be a problem.
Well yes I understand they can submit whenever they want but that wasn't my point. I'm fairly certain that with a deadline set at March next year, many people will have lost interest by then, not just in the competition but with H3 entirely, and remember you can always push a deadline back, but you can't bring it forward. Pushing it back isn't really an inconvenience if it comes to it, but having the competition for the end of this year I believe is more of an incentive.

You also seemed to ignore my initial point, that H3 is being worn out by the second, and it appears no new glitches or tricks are going to be found.

Anyway I'm simply laying down the facts, or at least what I perceive them to be.

AIM: Kennethlongneck
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
FraGTaLiTy's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Limbo
Posts: 7,716
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
#70
07-16-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennethlongnecK View Post
Well yes I understand they can submit whenever they want but that wasn't my point. I'm fairly certain that with a deadline set at March next year, many people will have lost interest by then, not just in the competition but with H3 entirely, and remember you can always push a deadline back, but you can't bring it forward. Pushing it back isn't really an inconvenience if it comes to it, but having the competition for the end of this year I believe is more of an incentive.

You also seemed to ignore my initial point, that H3 is being worn out by the second, and it appears no new glitches or tricks are going to be found.

Anyway I'm simply laying down the facts, or at least what I perceive them to be.
I wouldn't call them facts considering MLG is bigger and better than it was in h2, and more people total play h3 than h2 when h2 was in its prime, and also because h3 vids are getting 10times the amount of views h2 videos did if you take into consideration other websites such as youtube and mlgpro.

Dualtality breaking 250k on youtube alone, Str8 Rippin breaking 500k on youtube alone, and Invincible, Apex, and many others breaking 150k on each youtube alone. No h2 videos are came close to that in views TOTAL.

If you are so concerned about people losing interest... shouldn't you be in favor of this since we are essentially giving people a reason to stay interested in h3 for a longer period of time?

edit. you are aware that if you take into consideration the ammount of people who watch halo videos outside of this website... halo3 videos are bigger than h2 videos by far (just look at the views on you tube for big videos like Str8 Rippin... hundreds of thousands of views on you tube alone, a number h2 videos couldn't get half of if you total the views from all sites). People won't lose interest anytime soon.

It's cool that you have an opinion.... but you sure as hell aren't stating the facts straight or perceiving them accurately. H3 has a bigger audience overall than h2 did... just not on this particular site.

We are trying to change that. I am not saying h2 videos are worse in any way... I am simply talking about audience size and fan base.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 07-16-2009 at 06:44 PM.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off