Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010

Display Modes Thread Tools
Garen
Dunkmaster
Subtract from Garen's ReputationAdd to Garen's Reputation Garen posts before he thinks
07-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crest View Post
I almost think that the videos should only be shown to the public until a certain date. That way "amazing" videos don't deter people.
That's how I felt as well, needless to say, Frag didn't like the idea of it. Plus it would be impossible for an editor to hold off showcasing his montage any later than the second after it renders and uploads.

Last edited by Garen; 07-16-2009 at 04:48 PM.
iTz Even
Level 28
Subtract from iTz Even's ReputationAdd to iTz Even's Reputation iTz Even is a novice
07-16-2009

You guys are bringing H3F back to life.

muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
07-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
Drink some beer. It will help you sober up.
The 2nd H3F H3 Movie Competition is proudly sponsored by Power Hour: A Halo Video Tribute to the Craft of Drinking.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 07-16-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Accidentus
Level 14
Subtract from Accidentus's ReputationAdd to Accidentus's Reputation Accidentus is a novice
07-16-2009

Kind of a bummer that the deadline is almost a year away. I was hoping it would be sooner. I'm a little worried about this judge's pick thing, I'm hoping there's no favoritism since it's decided between only 6 people.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
Snip3rlegend
Level 13
Subtract from Snip3rlegend's ReputationAdd to Snip3rlegend's Reputation Snip3rlegend is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Snip3rlegend
07-16-2009

its $10, chill out everyone

I'll definitely enter a vid and help out with the organization however I can. Good luck to everyone.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidentus View Post
Kind of a bummer that the deadline is almost a year away. I was hoping it would be sooner. I'm a little worried about this judge's pick thing, I'm hoping there's no favoritism since it's decided between only 6 people.
it's only for 1 sub-category award and for nominating videos for the other sub-category awards.
DC Gold
Level 19
Subtract from DC Gold's ReputationAdd to DC Gold's Reputation DC Gold is a novice
Send a message via AIM to DC Gold Send a message via MSN to DC Gold
07-16-2009

My upcoming dual/tri/quadtage will be submitted to this one, just like my upcoming funtage. Hopefully I can convince my parents (it's only 7.50 EUR, so =D).

Good luck everyone!

BTW 31th of March, 2010 is far, faaaaaaar away...
Are you ready for the best damn night of your life?
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda View Post
the 2nd H3f H3 Movie Competition Is Proudly Sponsored By power Hour: A Halo Video Tribute To The Craft Of Drinking.
Free Beer To Competitors And Judges Plz!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
KennethlongnecK
Goin' huge.
Subtract from KennethlongnecK's ReputationAdd to KennethlongnecK's Reputation KennethlongnecK is a novice
Send a message via AIM to KennethlongnecK Send a message via MSN to KennethlongnecK
07-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by x rhis x View Post
Let's see if I can make something.

Only problem I forsee is that if a clear cut winner enters early on, people wont want to pay the $10 just to lose out.
What you're overlooking is that frankly, not everyone who enters a competition truly believes they have a chance, its simply to be involved and get as far as you can.

AIM: Kennethlongneck
HoesCallMeJax
Level 23
Subtract from HoesCallMeJax's ReputationAdd to HoesCallMeJax's Reputation HoesCallMeJax is a novice
Send a message via AIM to HoesCallMeJax Send a message via MSN to HoesCallMeJax
07-16-2009

Well. In my personal opinion, I think that this will fail. The first one was a great success, but with the deadline a year away, I'm sure many people will lose complete interest and, then on the size factor, there will be so much to do, and I'm not sure that everyone is exactly willing to commit as much as is expected from this. Now this is just what I think. I'm not trying to flame them for doing this, and the first one was great. I hope that it does succeed, I was just stating an opinion, so I hope that none of you randoms tries to jump on the defense reply as soon as I post this.