Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010

Display Modes Thread Tools
Doodlepop
Level 9000
Subtract from Doodlepop's ReputationAdd to Doodlepop's Reputation Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Doodlepop Send a message via Yahoo to Doodlepop
07-17-2009

Got this in the bag.

And to everyone whining about the 10$ entry fee, it will feed into the prize money. Making the payout more.....
XBL - Stoodlepop :: PSN - MindlesssDribble

Witness the future of classic Halo content. Lost In Time.
Phurion
Little King Lion
Subtract from Phurion's ReputationAdd to Phurion's Reputation Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Phurion
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPS Glimmer View Post
Midpoint makes a point lol. The new COD is coming out so is the new halo and the new left for dead comes out soon. I dont think this will TOTALLY decimate the competition but i think it will make an impact. Also since there is a ten dollar fee this will GREATLY limit people. Only very experienced editors will enter and all the others wont even bother. Its only going to be a competition with the same 10-15 people entering who know they have a chance.

I honestly dont understand montages anymore. Its all about the editing and not about the game. When did it become more important about the editing then the clips themselves.
If the clips are good, and they can speak for themselves, you dont need that much, just a good soundtrack, and at least editing to keep it entertaining(like Kampy's)

If the gameplay is sub par, or not very impressive, then yes I can see why it would make sense that its more about the editing because otherwise it could get quite boring.

I try and keep a nice medium in my videos, not going overboard, but still keeping the video entertaining while showcasing the gameplay.
rhythm iz epic
Level 17
Subtract from rhythm iz epic's ReputationAdd to rhythm iz epic's Reputation rhythm iz epic is a novice
07-17-2009

the 10$ entry fee fucks up this whole contest sorry peaple are going to know right away if there video is going to win or get a prize so there will only be entries from a few of the known peaple. The newer peaple will be hesitant to enter because they know they could just be wasting their money.
Phurion
Little King Lion
Subtract from Phurion's ReputationAdd to Phurion's Reputation Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000 Phurion IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Phurion
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm iz epic View Post
the 10$ entry fee f..ks up this whole contest sorry peaple are going to know right away if there video is going to win or get a prize so there will only be entries from a few of the known peaple. The newer peaple will be hesitant to enter because they know they could just be wasting their money.
Isnt that how a competition works...payne used MLG as a comparison, the team passes sell out in a matter of minutes...

Also, just because you dont expect to win doesnt mean you shouldnt enter...top 5 is still good, and I dont know but im guessing top 3 still get prizes.

Besides, its only $10, and through this competition, you and your montage will get more recognition than before. So if you really think your video wont do well, at least you know you will get recognition, and views. Or you could look at it as- for the fun of the competition.
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by || Tm22 || View Post
how To Convince Your Parents To Help You If You Are Underage:

“mom/dad, I Have Been Working On A Huge Video Project For Months, And Am Nearing Completion. I Would Like To Enter It Into A World-wide Video Competition To See How My Hard Work Compares Against The World’s Best Videos. The Entry Fee Is $10 Which Goes Directly To The Prize Pool; It Is A Non Profitable Organization Meaning That All Of Our Entry Fees Go Towards Awards For The Best Videos. The Deadline For The Competition Is 9 Months Away; The Reason I Am Asking You So Early Is Because I Wanted To Give You Plenty Of Time To Think About It Because This Is Something I Am Very Passionate About. If My Video Does Well, I Will Earn Back The Entry Fee Plus A Lot More.”
Ahahahahahahahahhahaha

The $10 entry fee is a little steep. $1-$5 would be better in my opinion (not that it matters).

Good luck to everyone! Hope to see some good tajes!
Al's sweet ass

Last edited by Winning; 07-17-2009 at 02:50 PM.
FragD
Level 21
Subtract from FragD's ReputationAdd to FragD's Reputation FragD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to FragD
07-17-2009

I Might be entering in this.I love how you guys give us 8 months, will use it all to my advantage also the prize pool gives us great motivation.
Apathy Overload
I wreck Trials HD
Subtract from Apathy Overload's ReputationAdd to Apathy Overload's Reputation Apathy Overload is a novice
07-17-2009

How in the hell are this many people complaining about a $10 entry fee when that's the price of a movie ticket? It's not like they're asking for a kidney, just fess up the measly $10 and go for it.

If you like Halo 2, watch my montage here:
http://halomontage.com/video/viewvid...-try-nastalgia

D3ATH BY D3SIGN
Elevate Organically
Subtract from D3ATH BY D3SIGN's ReputationAdd to D3ATH BY D3SIGN's Reputation D3ATH BY D3SIGN is on the rise to fame D3ATH BY D3SIGN is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to D3ATH BY D3SIGN
07-17-2009

It's not the $10 fee, it's the fact that this contest is designed only towards PayPal customers. Kinda sucks for the cats not yet hooked up in that particular network, seems like the contest will only appeal to those who are.

muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSlayer View Post
The $10 entry fee is a little steep. $1-$5 would be better in my opinion (not that it matters).
$10 is steep? Each person having trouble will most likely either have birthday money already received or about to be received, or some other event like a Confirmation, graduation, and, dare I say, First Holy Communion to get bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPS Glimmer View Post
I honestly dont understand montages anymore. Its all about the editing and not about the game. When did it become more important about the editing then the clips themselves.
The biggest problem is no one knows what editing is; we all just like to think we do.
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by muRda View Post
$10 is steep? Each person having trouble will most likely either have birthday money already received or about to be received, or some other event like a Confirmation, graduation, and, dare I say, First Holy Communion to get bills.
I personally think $10 is steep for a competition that's undoubtedly going to come down to a couple videos that rise well above the rest. Once you realize that fact there is no point in entering unless you've created something well above standard.
Al's sweet ass

Last edited by Winning; 07-17-2009 at 03:14 PM.