Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010

Display Modes Thread Tools
Anoj Tactics
Level 24
Subtract from Anoj Tactics's ReputationAdd to Anoj Tactics's Reputation Anoj Tactics is a novice
07-17-2009

I think that it's such a shame you are making a $10 entry fee for this. Isn't it just supposed to be who has the best video?
MoleratFilms
Level 11
Subtract from MoleratFilms's ReputationAdd to MoleratFilms's Reputation MoleratFilms is a novice
07-17-2009

Hey guys I just started a dualtage with clips from JB and T Together and looking at there clips and the editing I have achieved so far, this can be a pretty epic dualtage. I hope to enter this some time this winter because I wan't to make it as good as possible. Good luck to the other contestants.
NyCeSHoT
Level 26
Subtract from NyCeSHoT's ReputationAdd to NyCeSHoT's Reputation NyCeSHoT is a novice
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpoint View Post
Its probably just H3.

But a very good point and correction of me here - even through the online co-op, most people might just blaze through and be done with it, and maybe jump right back into H3.

Yea, youre prob right, gues we'll just have to wait and see.
Yep, thats what I'm going to do. With no MP, I'm sure that after your done with the campaign and a few rounds of Firefight, you'll get right back to H3.
IDoWorkSon58
Level 28
Subtract from IDoWorkSon58's ReputationAdd to IDoWorkSon58's Reputation IDoWorkSon58 is a novice
07-17-2009

Nice, maybe I will be a judge.
Xx Glory xX
Level 33
Subtract from Xx Glory xX's ReputationAdd to Xx Glory xX's Reputation Xx Glory xX is a novice
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoj Tactics View Post
I think that it's such a shame you are making a $10 entry fee for this. Isn't it just supposed to be who has the best video?
People put more effort into their work if there is an incentive everyone is competing for.

AIM: Great out of 10
GT: passTHEword
All videos by me can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/bizzy001

65%
o BaCkFiRe o
(⌐■_■) Deal with it.
Subtract from o BaCkFiRe o's ReputationAdd to o BaCkFiRe o's Reputation o BaCkFiRe o still downloads from Mythica o BaCkFiRe o still downloads from Mythica o BaCkFiRe o still downloads from Mythica o BaCkFiRe o still downloads from Mythica o BaCkFiRe o still downloads from Mythica o BaCkFiRe o still downloads from Mythica
Send a message via AIM to o BaCkFiRe o Send a message via Skype™ to o BaCkFiRe o
07-17-2009

I don't think I'm entering a video, because my parents wouldn't allow me to pay a minimum of ten fucking dollars.

FPS Glimmer
Level 25
Subtract from FPS Glimmer's ReputationAdd to FPS Glimmer's Reputation FPS Glimmer is a novice
Send a message via AIM to FPS Glimmer Send a message via MSN to FPS Glimmer Send a message via Yahoo to FPS Glimmer
07-17-2009

Midpoint makes a point lol. The new COD is coming out so is the new halo and the new left for dead comes out soon. I dont think this will TOTALLY decimate the competition but i think it will make an impact. Also since there is a ten dollar fee this will GREATLY limit people. Only very experienced editors will enter and all the others wont even bother. Its only going to be a competition with the same 10-15 people entering who know they have a chance.

I honestly dont understand montages anymore. Its all about the editing and not about the game. When did it become more important about the editing then the clips themselves.

Noobus Maximus
Halo 3 is gay
Xx Glory xX
Level 33
Subtract from Xx Glory xX's ReputationAdd to Xx Glory xX's Reputation Xx Glory xX is a novice
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPS Glimmer View Post
I honestly dont understand montages anymore. Its all about the editing and not about the game. When did it become more important about the editing then the clips themselves.
It's all about the art of a video, not the editing. Video making isn't just about the game anymore, it is becoming a form of art. People get bored of seeing gameplay eventually, with halo 2 it was a bit different because the gameplay had a lot of variety and not much for editing, halo 3 is the exact opposite.

AIM: Great out of 10
GT: passTHEword
All videos by me can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/bizzy001

65%
terv
YOU AINT GOT NO YEEZY?!!
Subtract from terv's ReputationAdd to terv's Reputation terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by x rhis x View Post
Let's see if I can make something.

Only problem I forsee is that if a clear cut winner enters early on, people wont want to pay the $10 just to lose out.
By that same logic, nobody would buy a team pass for MLG events.

$10 as an entrance fee was a great idea. Hopefully, I can get to submit a video!
GT: ayy terv

http://www.youtube.com/user/PAYN3isTehSecks
Subscribe plz (:
Married to NickV
Midpoint
Level 40
Subtract from Midpoint's ReputationAdd to Midpoint's Reputation Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Midpoint
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPS Glimmer View Post
An interesting question, but Im not sure if there is one simple answer to it.

It couldve started with the middle/ending period of H2 and then snowballed and carried over into H3.

I know something I think of often is how H3 never had a true "Golden Age of Noobiness." Its kind of the period that everyone experienced with H1&H2 where they were getting acquainted with a popular game and exploring all of the features and randomness in it, and experiencing fun equally with the competitive element. Stuff like the dummy glitch, throwing the flag through walls, etc. Over time, however, people who were more experienced with the game naturally gravitated to a more acute form of play (or could also be conidered skewered) that was considered less nooby.

When H3 started, MLG was firmly established, people were already trying to focus on the most skilled/dominant way to play, and thus limited themselves in a game that (in my personal opinion) already naturally has more limits than the previous installments. Despite all of the tools like forge, cams, etc that were added, the overall feel and experience of the game didnt branch out in different directions for different users like it did in H2. When I used to cut on a H2 vid, I could feel a distinct view that the creator was sharing his personal experience of the game. Unfortunately, when I cut on an H3 vid, alot of it kind of feels generic and the same.

I said all of that mouthful to propose that maybe the emphasis on effects and technical editing carried over from H2, and took a firm hold on H3 vids simply because there are limited ways that the player could express themselves through footage alone. Idk, Im not a gaming social expert - just guessing here.

I just know that these days its hard for me to get through an entire vid - and even harder to watch one multiple times over and over again like I did with H2 classics.

P.S. - Thanks for mentioning COD. Cant believe I forgot about that one.