Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010

Display Modes Thread Tools
K I D N E Y
Level 30
Subtract from K I D N E Y's ReputationAdd to K I D N E Y's Reputation K I D N E Y is a novice
Send a message via AIM to K I D N E Y
07-17-2009

I'm gonna start recording for this right now. Kidney and THeta Dualtage will be in this fo sho.
Maximum sig space is 500 pixels in height. Please resize the picture.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv185/Kidneythiefeh/scholorshipdone.jpg?t=1264098739

GT- K is for Kidney
Aim- kidneythiefeh
Kill454
Level 15
Subtract from Kill454's ReputationAdd to Kill454's Reputation Kill454 is a novice
07-17-2009

Wow 8 months is too long in my opinion, but oh well..

HALZRED
Level 42
Subtract from HALZRED's ReputationAdd to HALZRED's Reputation HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica
07-17-2009

fuckkkk i gotta get my comp working
Midpoint
Level 40
Subtract from Midpoint's ReputationAdd to Midpoint's Reputation Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Midpoint
07-17-2009

For the people who think its too far away, I'd have to disagree with you on the terms of time - I think its essential for effective planning and coming up with original ideas.

However, there might potentially be some interest lost due to the release of ODST this year, and depending on how that is received by alot of people in the Halo community. Some might take to that and be done with H3 - I honestly dont know. Guess we just have to wait and see.

My oher thought on it is the judges choice award should be scrapped.

One of the good things you did with the last contest with the judges was to get a variety of different perspectives and styles (although, honestly, we didnt communicate much, and I didnt take much part in it after the inro of the contest).

If you do that well again, then I couldnt see all of the judges picking a final choice - that category would more or less force them to agree on a vid even if it isnt their select choice. Just my initial off-the-cuff thought.

Anyways, hope everything goes well with it - it has potential to be the best so far if pulled off correctly. I just hope we see more originality and variety in vids from this.
Garen
Dunkmaster
Subtract from Garen's ReputationAdd to Garen's Reputation Garen posts before he thinks
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpoint View Post
For the people who think its too far away, I'd have to disagree with you on the terms of time - I think its essential for effective planning and coming up with original ideas.

However, there might potentially be some interest lost due to the release of ODST this year, and depending on how that is received by alot of people in the Halo community. Some might take to that and be done with H3 - I honestly dont know. Guess we just have to wait and see.

One of the good things you did with the last contest with the judges was to get a variety of different perspectives and styles (although, honestly, we didnt communicate much, and I didnt take much part in it after the inro of the contest).

If you do that well again, then I couldnt see all of the judges picking a final choice - that category would more or less force them to agree on a vid even if it isnt their select choice. Just my initial off-the-cuff thought.

Anyways, hope everything goes well with it - it has potential to be the best so far if pulled off correctly. I just hope we see more originality and variety in vids from this.
ODST doesn't have any multiplayer besides 4 player co-op and campaign so I'm not worried about that. The Reach beta may interfere depending on when that comes out, but I'm not expecting that until spring probably. I just worry if people will remain interested in Halo 3 8 months from now.
iPhuRe
Level 20
Subtract from iPhuRe's ReputationAdd to iPhuRe's Reputation iPhuRe is a novice
07-17-2009

Hans ill judge.
Dubstep Mixes by Shawny P

"Infinity"

"Shoot for the stars because if you fall, you land on clouds."

GOD
Watching from above...
Subtract from GOD's ReputationAdd to GOD's Reputation GOD is legendary GOD is legendary GOD is legendary
07-17-2009

This is going to be announced on Bungie? Holy shit...there will be so many terrible videos that the judges will have to go through.
NyCeSHoT
Level 26
Subtract from NyCeSHoT's ReputationAdd to NyCeSHoT's Reputation NyCeSHoT is a novice
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpoint View Post

Personally I think ODST will not have a big impact on this competition. Simply because its only a campaign and firefight. Someone will prob. do a campaign montage on that... but is that allowed? Or is it JUST H3 montages?
eisy22
Level 31
Subtract from eisy22's ReputationAdd to eisy22's Reputation eisy22 taps Cortana eisy22 taps Cortana eisy22 taps Cortana eisy22 taps Cortana eisy22 taps Cortana
07-17-2009

Z got it announced woot.
http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx...lo3forummovie2

Midpoint
Level 40
Subtract from Midpoint's ReputationAdd to Midpoint's Reputation Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Midpoint
07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCeSHoT View Post
Personally I think ODST will not have a big impact on this competition. Simply because its only a campaign and firefight. Someone will prob. do a campaign montage on that... but is that allowed? Or is it JUST H3 montages?
Its probably just H3.

But a very good point and correction of me here - even through the online co-op, most people might just blaze through and be done with it, and maybe jump right back into H3.

Yea, youre prob right, gues we'll just have to wait and see.